The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Marc Bolan

AnnSa

The one and Only ....
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Marc Bolan was the love of my life when i was a teenager, in fact

when i saw him i was sure my heart was going to stop :lol:

so im looking forward to this .........

Marc Bolan: 20th Century BoyITV 1Thirty years ago next Sunday, the pop world lost one of its more flamboyant sons when former T Rex frontman Marc Bolan was killed in a car crash at the age of 29. To mark what would have been his 60th birthday later this month, this programme pays tribute to the glam-rock pioneer through interviews, archive footage and an early performance never before broadcast on TV. Contributors include the singer's son Rolan Bolan, long-term partner Gloria Jones and friends including Cilla Black and record producer Tony Visconti

bolan270.jpg

ts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cant beleive he would have been 60 :eek: makes me feel old marc was a great performer and a top singer he made some great songs with t rex great days for music the 70s bolan, bowie. rod, elton and punk as well we was spoiled in those days. i will raise a glass to marc on sunday and watch the program on tv :cheers:

My sister was in bits when he died and still does.She went to watch a T.Rex tribute band a couple of weeks ago and cried!

I liked his stuff,But i was a Slade and Bay city roller! :- " :lol: I'm younger than my sis! :teehee:

Must admit i liked the Bay City Rollers as well and slept on a cinema

stair's all night to get tickets.........paid off i got a first row seat and

managed to grab hold of Woody, would have dregged him off but the

bouncers got me :lol:

But it was Marc that was covering my walls and bursting my eardrums :wub:

my sister was crazy about marc bolan and was so upset when he died :( ,my oldest sister was a big time bowie fan,but for me it was the bay city rollers and i remember spending a whole weekend putting tartan down my trousers :lol: those where the days :thumbsup: also had a thing for david cassidy wow was he sqeaky clean :lol:

I loved Ride a white swan.....my favourite... :thumbsup:

I am assuming the footage is from the dvd that came out a while ago..."Born To Boogie"? It makes for great watching even if you are'nt/were'nt a big Bolan fan!! :thumbsup:

BTW....you are all giving away your ages!! :lol: :p :lol:

im much toooo young to even know who he is :- "

05whippet said:
I am assuming the footage is from the dvd that came out a while ago..."Born To Boogie"? It makes for great watching even if you are'nt/were'nt a big Bolan fan!!  :thumbsup:
BTW....you are all giving away your ages!!  :lol:   :p   :lol:

dont worry you are way younger than me anyways... :lol: :- "

Janimal said:
05whippet said:
I am assuming the footage is from the dvd that came out a while ago..."Born To Boogie"? It makes for great watching even if you are'nt/were'nt a big Bolan fan!!  :thumbsup:
BTW....you are all giving away your ages!!  :lol:   :p   :lol:

dont worry you are way younger than me anyways... :lol: :- "

Hehehehe,Janis you may be surprised!! BUT I'm not telling!!!! (w00t) (w00t)

T Rex === No Way

Tyranosaurrus Rex === EXCELLENT

I have got " I Like to Boogie " as my ring tone and we are off to see T-Rextasy next month at Weymouth Pavillion.

Linda

Hope you have a great time Linda :thumbsup:

i loved marc bolan. :wub: :wub: :wub: gutted when he was killed.i still have some of his music on my mp3 player. :b he was soooooo sexy! o:)

Marc :wub: ooohhhh, I'd have killed for hair like that.

I watched the programme but was a bit miffed that he was only worth a half hour slot. After all the Elvis tributes last month You'd have thought they could have given the lovely Marc at least an hour :b

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea i figured they gave him roughly a minute for every year he was alive :(

And then letting that big ugly bloke saying he slept with him :eek:

I recorded it, but haven't had time to watch it yet. I am looking forward to it. Poor Marc, he died much too young.

it was quite good actually(apart from the fat bloke who told the world how hed slept with him) :angry: it was nice seeing mickey finn again too.is he still alive?

Mickey Finn died from alcohol related liver problems, on 11 January 2003, aged 55. :(

I went to see T Rex at Sheffield City Hall. I was on the front row and got to see quite a bit more of him than he meant to show. His trousers were that tight that they split and he had to go off to change them. During the show he leaned over and gave me a tambourine that he had been using. Of course I have still got it.

Lyn

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back