The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Meet Us! Whippets From Ukraine

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Seraphina said:
Sidewinders said:
Dark will not stay in Ukraine :(   Hopefully he will arrive to Czech Republic soon. All pups from this litter will live abroad :(

Is it a secret who is he going to? I know several breeders in the Czech republic.

Lida

Of course it's not a secret! ;) But his future owner is not a breeder, she has already one whippet puppy (7 or 8 months) from Ayort Back kennel, as I remember - Jupiter Ayort Back. And she wants a friend for him and also a showdog.

One more picture of my "sonny" Teddy moving at 5 months, it's not of a good quality, but I like it :thumbsup:

Teddy_move.jpg

SallyC said:
[SIZE=14pt]ба+жа+ний, при+мний, вта+ти;ласка+во про+симо!  TO K9[/SIZE]
(I do hope that isn't rude - it's supposed to mean "welcome")

It's not a rude :D ЛАСКАВО ПРОСИМО means WELCOME! in Ukrainian!

Thank you very much! СПАСИБІ!

:thumbsup: And beautiful mover as well!!!!!! :thumbsup:

You maybe intersted to look at website of friend of mine from Brisbane Australia, who is breeding black and blue Whippets (as well as other colours))

Lida

http://www.geocities.com/graukennel/iframe.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphina said:
:thumbsup: And beautiful mover as well!!!!!! :thumbsup:
You maybe intersted to look at website of friend of mine from Brisbane Australia, who is breeding black and blue Whippets (as well as other colours))

Lida

http://www.geocities.com/graukennel/iframe.htm

Yes, most of my dogs are good movers :thumbsup: (very modestly o:) )

I've already visited Grau kennel's website, there are some really beautiful dogs :wub:

When I took my first whippet Willie, his breeder said black whippets are not standard :unsure: Later I learned that all coloures allowed. There is no difference for me now what colour, but my dream is red/white Irish marked dog without a black mask :wub:

Sidewinders said:
. But there are plenty black whips, most of them are working (hunting) dogs. Baton is a lovely dog, not only because of his colour, he has beautiful character and likes showing

Hi Sidewinders, what animals are hunted with whippets in the Ukraine? Is it rabbits and hares as over here in the UK ?

Welcome Sidewinders! Great to see your dogs.. looking great!

We have just imported one black and white pup from Ukraine - Vasilisa Krasa Anyutiny Glazki.... yu can see the tread "Sasha" in Showing Whippets Forum..

Glad you joined - looking forward to see more pictures of your whippies..!

:huggles: Welcome to K9 ! :huggles:

Lovely dogs. I can't wait to see more pictures of all your dogs and their stories.

This one is gorgeous. I like his colouring a lot.

post-4833-1124352724.jpg

Greetings from Belgium.

Hi Sidewinders, what animals are hunted with whippets in the Ukraine? Is it rabbits and hares as over here in the UK ?
Some Ukrainian whippets hunt for hares, foxes, even wild boars and wolfes! :wacko:

We have field trials for whippets - usually on hares (we have once took part in such trials with Pollie - her breeder obliged us to), dogs really like this, but they can be terrifically traumatized :( Pollie's half-sister takes part in trials on wolf :wacko: and even has diploma (we joke that she bites wolf's finger), no matter that her height is 42 cm.

Another whippet male is "crazy hunter", and is very agressive to other dogs, people and even to his owner and never walks without muzzle :wacko:

We have just imported one black and white pup from Ukraine - Vasilisa Krasa Anyutiny Glazki.... yu can see the tread "Sasha" in Showing Whippets Forum..
I've seen Sasha's pictures. She is my Pollie's niece ;) Pollie and Sasha's dam Pallada are littersisters ;) Relatives!

Welcome to K9 Sidewinders. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You have some beautiful dogs. :wub: :wub:

I like your dogs very much, just from interest how tall are they?

Lida

Seraphina said:
I like your dogs very much, just from interest how tall are they?
Lida

They all have standard height. But are small in compare with most other whippets. :( Baton is 50 cm, Pollie is the smallest - 45 cm. Pups (black/white Dark and brindle/white Mark) are now 45 cm (at 4,5 months). But I guess they also will not be taller than 50-51 cm, because their daddy Ron is 51 cm. Other Pollie's children from first litter are: girls - from 46 to 47 cm and one more boy is 50.

On our International show here in Kyiv, Baton was the smallest dog - there was one from Russia (imp. from USA) - Ch.USA, Rus.Andauer Best Laid Plans, his height was about 55 or 56 and one more Ukrainian dog - he is about 51. But in spite of it Baton won Best of Breed! :thumbsup:

Hallo everyone!!!

I'd like to join too :)

I'm from Russia - Moscow, have two whippets -

Tiopliy Veter Kazimir Malevich and A Sobresalto Dell'Antica Fortezza.

___________046.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings from Ukraine also. So it is pleasant to meet here owners whippet. Thank Martina that has shown this forum. (w00t)

I have three whippet:

DNEPROVSKAYA PIRANYA PALADA

(f. Kitay Gorod Junaki Conan / m. Pedzhi Volar Black Shark

TIOPLIY VETER KRYM

(f. Galactic's Caricature Chirosko / m. Rivarco Grandvitesse)

Boxing Helena's Dark Secret

Ch.Nevedith Eefa Empra x Ch.Avalonia Macallan

http://whippet.dp.ua

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back