The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Molly

Phoenyx

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thought I'd let you all know about our whippet Molly... and I know one K9 member who will especially like to see this ;)

I've always loved whippets but never had the chance to own one myself up until a couple of years ago. Because we deal mainly with badly abused and abandoned ex-racing greyhounds and lurchers and are very much a 'last chance' Refuge, we didn't have much dealings with the whippet world. That is until a fellow greyhound rescuer got in touch and told us about a ex-racing whippet looking for a home. I'd had a couple of people contact me offering a home should a whippet ever come our way and so I jumped up and said we'd take her in and find her a lovely home. It was going to be a nice change to bring in a well cared for and healthy dog that could be homed quickly..... it didn't quite turn out that way though! :D

Molly was a very scared little girl at first, she didn't know who the heck we were or where she was and she immediately claimed the sofa as her 'safe spot' where she could watch the other dogs and see what was going on. I was smitten from the moment I saw her..... as was Roy when he came home later that day. The first night however, Molly discovered that the pillows on our bed were far more comfy than the dog beds on the floor and she slept between us - after that she became a velcro-whippet and followed one of us everywhere! The pillows have been her chosen bed ever since and we're often woken up through the night by a whippet foot being stuck in an ear or nose or a whippet bum in the face!

I think it took us about 48hrs to realise that there was no way we could re-home her and the rest is history. We adore her :wub:

Here's a few pics, hope you like them (w00t)

First afternoon - 'hiding' on the sofa:

cb881959.jpg

Finding out very quickly where the comfiest beds are:

bcd38876.jpg

28631109.jpg

...and how to keep warm:

c5d463ed.jpg

fun in the snow:

c2195cf4.jpg

and with one of her best friends, Lady the greyhound:

648bcd24.jpg

...improvising a pillow!

(w00t) :wub: (w00t)

What is the collar she is wearing in the third pic? I have made a few similar to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can see why you would'nt want to let her go ....... She's beautiful :wub:

:cheers: Looks like she soon settled in with you too

:cheers: thank you for putting the photos of molly on for

me to see she is looking verry well and happy look forword

to seeing her again

Juley said:
What is the collar she is wearing in the third pic?  I have made a few similar to it.
It's from Greyhound Gap (made by Anna I think), we use martingale collars as house collars on most of the hounds. It was new in that pic, looking a bit shabby now though - and you've just prompted me to look for a new one now! :D

:wub: :wub: BEAUTIFUL :wub: :wub:

Julie

raymond said:
:cheers: thank you for putting the photos of molly on forme to see she is looking verry well and happy look forword

to seeing her again

(w00t) glad you like them - do you have any pics of her sister or any other siblings?

i can see deb she has maddy at the momment she will have some

garry has her brother i will ask him as well if i get them i wil post them

to you

raymond said:
i can see deb she has maddy at the momment she will have somegarry has her brother i will ask him as well if i get them i wil post them

to you

Thank you! (w00t)

We'd love to know more about Molly's family, that'd be great, we don't even know her race name :b

what a perfect story, a cute whippet, love the photo's. :wub:

Awww she is such a lovely girl and that pic with lady is just so nice :wub: :huggles: :wub: :huggles:

What a lovely story :huggles: Can see how you couldn't part with her she's lovely :wub: :wub:

Lovely story and beautiful pictures :wub:

:wub: :wub: She is gorgeous, what a great story :D

What beautiful pictures, moving story and fantastic dog!! Molly is scrummy :wub: :wub:

I love that pic of her with Lady! :wub: :wub: She's a beautiful girly (and so's Lady). :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub: Lovely pictures Phoenyx - Molly is lovely :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back