The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Montage

mazza

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Had a go at making a montage.

The finished photo.

montage_j.jpg

Wow... what wonderful dogs... great montage, very eye catching!

Really impressive, brilliant pics, I like your dogs too!!

WOW thats fab Mandy :thumbsup: is it all done on the computer :unsure: I'm not very good with anything tooo technical :clown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowwww..... that's great. Love all those pictures. :thumbsup:

That is fantastic. How is it done. Full instructions needed (w00t) :lol:

Very nice Mazza - great photos - are you putting in on the wall now. ;) or onto your website.

WOW that's brilliant!! Very eye catching, can you get something like that printed off in a large size? Just think it would make a great poster sized pik. :wub:

I always look forward to seeing your posts because your canine photos are such lovely ones that I aspire to. :b Fabulous montage of some of your best photos!

I'm soooooooo jealous :huggles: I would love to make a montage of Jakey and Jilly :thumbsup: Erm Where do I start :unsure:

Juley said:
That is fantastic. How is it done. Full instructions needed (w00t)   :lol:
Made it in Photoshop. Saw the tutorial in What Digital Camera mag. Good magazine for advice on taking photos and PS techniques, not just camera reviews.

It’s easy to do although time consuming as each rectangle is a new layer and lots of measuring and deciding what size and where you want each aperture to be.

I started with a 10x8 black background.

Using the guides, place one on every side a quarter inch in from the edge to create a border. Then in new layer draw a rectangle from the inside edge of the border in a corner (here is probably the best place to begin but you could place it anywhere along the border guide really) and fill with white, put guides up to the edges of the white square. Pull out more guides and set them a quarter of an inch away from the other guides. From here create another layer and the second rectangle and fill with white again, continuing to set guides at quarter inch. It's important you make a new layer for each rectangle. When the page is sectioned up into all your different sized rectangles you can then add a photo to each layer. Select copy and (paste into) each photo into each selected layer. Move the image around to position and transform scale where necessary to make fit. Delete the original white rectangles as you go.

Now I want to see your montage on here asap Juley. :thumbsup: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back