The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

More "free" Puppies

EMILY

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Went into my local garage today to find that an advert that had been in there for several weeks advertising Staffie puppies for sale for £250 are now being advertised as "Free". I am worried about this as obviously at this time of year people are looking for cheap Xmas presents etc. The breeder obviously is desperate to get shot of the poor pups and has gone from offering them for £250 down to nothing - I have never seen this before and wondered if I should contact the local dogs home? The original advert said the pups had been vet checked etc so the breeder obviously has some care and consideration for the pups but now they are that much older they are obviously getting too much and perhaps they want them out of the way for Xmas. I feel so sorry for these poor little puppies - why oh why do people breed when they end up doing something like this? :( :( :angry:

oh, thats awful :( if you breed a litter, you have to be prepared to keep 'leftovers'

as far as i know, rspca arent keen on taking excess pups that were bred deliberately, after all, there are thousands of accidents, rejected pets, strays etc that need attention far more than the idiots who want to cash in but not clear up.

its very sad :(

i must say, i'm very tempted because i know i can handle staffords, and have two at the moment. i'd rather take them than let any old plank that will chuck them out once the novelty wears off.

where are you?

Oh dear :( :( :(

Wonder if you got the number off the ad. EMILY? There must be a staffy rescue - I'll actually go now and have a check on the net or some dog papers, see if i can get a contact - as maybe as lovers of the breed with its welfare in mind they could help sort these wee ones out :luck:

Will PM you a contact for the SE England (sorry geography is'nt too great think Bristol is classed as SE). EDited :oops: ...must try harder :b Should be SW should'nt it :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is terrible, poor wee things :( It's awful to think about them just being homed now because they are free,and I think it is doubly worse because unfortunately they are one of those breeds that are a nightmare in the wrong hands and it is always those wrong people who want them,especially when they are free!! :angry:

I do hope something can be arranged for them :unsure:

I do have the contact details with regards to the pups and on speaking to the person working in the garage he seemed to think that a couple of the pups had been sold for the £250 asking price and so he himself couldn't udnerstand why suddenly they wanted to get rid of them all for free. I beleive the pups are situated in a place called Almondsbury which is just on the main A38 running from Gloucester to Bristol.

if the rescue babbit mentioned wont help (if they wont, it'll be because of expecting the post xmas boom :( ) i'll have a word with my hubby. he has an uncle in bristol, and various cousins. see if we cant turn up a good home for at least one little mite :(

can you get the sellers number, emily? as said, staffies are not the type you want to end up in bad hands, with the fighting, over breeding the list goes on.

people see pups advertised in the free ads paper for rediculous prices and think that they can make a quick easy buck to, then when at 4 months half of them still haven't been sold and they are tearing the house apart they want shut to anyone who will have them or worse dump them. it's all made even worse because this is a lovely breed that just happens to atract a lot of morons :angry:

ranting sorry :b

:luck: i do so hope these pups end up in safe hands :luck: :luck: :luck:

The telephone numbers for the person selling/giving away these pups are as follows:-

01454 202734 or mobile 07876598492

Have tried a couple of the Staffie Rescue places but have unfortunately not been able to gain much help - although people I spoke to were very friendly and pleased I had called with concern for the pups they were not able to offer any real assistance. I may try the Dogs Trust but other than that I am unsure where to turn next so if anyone out there knows of someone wanting a Staffie Pup and will ensure a good loving permanent home (as I am sure everyone on this website can!) please contact the numbers given above.

Its the other sort of hands they end up in - Id be more worried about. :( :( (w00t)

poor things.

Contact Wotton Animal Rescue. ......Veronica's just up the road from you :thumbsup: .......01453 842884 ..........If not try Ken Gradwell and co (Coppins vets Thornbury) ......They are often good at trying to help out :luck:

Great idea about Wotton Animal Rescue - I never thought of her and like you say she is just up the road from me. Ken Gradwell is our vet so might give him a try if I don't get anywhere with Veronica at WAR. Thanks! One lady I spoke to at the SBT Rescue did say it is difficult in these circumstances as the owner/breeder may get funny about someone wanting to rehome the pups to rescue etc?

Not only that , but they might have another litterin the future if they think breed rescue will take any `left overs ` :rant:

Veronica is normally great at ideas of helping ...........Small world Ken's my vet aswell ........Never knew there were more Whippity types so close (I'm Charfield (w00t) ) ............ :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back