The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Little Scout Is Dead

Hula

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Today I had to have my little whippet Scout PTS . She was 14 years old . She was diagnosed as having Lymphoma 13 weeks ago and given 4 - 6 weeks to live . Being a proper little fighter she lived longer than anyone could have expected .

036.jpg

Scout's full name was Nimrodel Nettle we knew when we got her that she was never going to be big enough for showing or breeding and that was just fine with us . She was only ever going to be a much loved pet and that's what she was .

She was tiny when we got her and she stayed that way . Barely 17 inches and weighing around 7kg .

Scout had the most perfect life a dog could ever have . From day one she slept in our beds and never slept anywhere else . She didn't really like anyone apart from the family and although she would tolerate people patting her she never was very enthusiastic about it . Children especially loved her she was so tiny and cute but she never showed any interst in them . Because she only liked the family we never left Scout with anyone else and she was never in kennels . When we got her Hula was just under 2 and together they were wild . They played and wrestled all day long and hunted together too ,

If they best dog bed was taken Scout used to throw a toy around and pretend she was having great fun . When someone came out to join in the game Scout would abandon the toy and get the best bed .

Despite being so tiny Scout was never ill in her life until she was 14 and developed lymphoma . She once caught her leg in a fence and got stitches and that was the sum total of her vet treatment apart from her vaccinations and boosters .

It's amazing that such a tiny whippet could create such an empty space in your life .

I will never forget my darling little Scout xxx

Im so very sorry....Run free dear Scout.......

thinking of you...

R.I.P scout

our thoughts are with you at this sad time x x x

So sorry......farewell Scout. :luck:

It sounds like she led a very happy and healthy life. I hope the hurt heals soon and you remember only the lovely times with her.

:( R I P little scout , sending hugs to you and your family xxxxx

I'm so sorry for your loss :( sounds like she was the perfect little whippet princess and brought you so much joy. run free girly xxx

What a beautiful tribute to your girl ... I am so very sorry to read that she is gone ... thinking of you ... run wild and free Scout

Annie

My heart goes out to you, they leave such a void.

Cherish all the happy memories you have of all the good times you & Scout shared.

:( i cant say how sorry i am for your loss. rest in peace little one x

so sorry, :(

scout sounds like the most perfect whippet :huggles:

rest in peace scout, run free xxxx

:( run free little scout ,thinking of you at this time, my heart goes out to you and your family :huggles:

So sorry for you loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you :wub: :wub:

:( so sorry to read this, im sure your all gutted :(

run free little girl

and my thoughts are with you all

Run free little whippet, go with love. :wub:

Have you let Mary know?

So sorry :(

Sounds like she was a real character- I hope your others help to keep your spirits up.

Thinking of you.

Liz and the Monellis

so sorry to here about scout she had a fantastic life with you she was a very lucky girle huggs to you all

wendy

Today I had to have my little whippet Scout PTS . She was 14 years old . She was diagnosed as having Lymphoma 13 weeks ago and given 4 - 6 weeks to live . Being a proper little fighter she lived longer than anyone could have expected .
036.jpg

Scout's full name was Nimrodel Nettle we knew when we got her that she was never going to be big enough for showing or breeding and that was just fine with us . She was only ever going to be a much loved pet and that's what she was .

She was tiny when we got her and she stayed that way . Barely 17 inches and weighing around 7kg .

Scout had the most perfect life a dog could ever have . From day one she slept in our beds and never slept anywhere else . She didn't really like anyone apart from the family and although she would tolerate people patting her she never was very enthusiastic about it . Children especially loved her she was so tiny and cute but she never showed any interst in them . Because she only liked the family we never left Scout with anyone else and she was never in kennels . When we got her Hula was just under 2 and together they were wild . They played and wrestled all day long and hunted together too ,

If they best dog bed was taken Scout used to throw a toy around and pretend she was having great fun . When someone came out to join in the game Scout would abandon the toy and get the best bed .

Despite being so tiny Scout was never ill in her life until she was 14 and developed lymphoma . She once caught her leg in a fence and got stitches and that was the sum total of her vet treatment apart from her vaccinations and boosters .

It's amazing that such a tiny whippet could create such an empty space in your life .

I will never forget my darling little Scout xxx
so sorry tohear of your lossx run free scout and give casper a kiss from me when you get to rainbow bridge

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back