The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.ireland Ireland Working Whippet Club

milliken

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
we will be holding are first show on sunday 16th of march at the round tower antrim just of the steeple road at 12 noon there will be a 16 dog ure coursing stake stright racing and show classes are best puppy best bitch best dog best working type would be great if you could pass this message on to all whippet owners or come along and watch the little worriers battle it out

cheers robert

Good Luck with your first show :thumbsup: Hope the weather is kind to you and is a fun day for all Whippets and owners :)) Keep us posted with future events Robert and I might bring mine over sometime :))

This might be better posted in Working and Lure coursing :thumbsup:

Tracey x

beaubeau said:
Good Luck with your first show :thumbsup: Hope the weather is kind to you and is a fun day for all Whippets and owners :)) Keep us posted with future events Robert and I might bring mine over sometime :))  

Tracey x

robert have put steeple road into sat nav no matches found have u any directions

SamEBowers said:
beaubeau said:

Tracey x

robert have put steeple road into sat nav no matches found have u any directions

where abouts you from mate and ill tell you the best route cheers robert

milliken said:
we will be holding are first show on sunday 16th of march at the round tower antrim just of the steeple road at 12 noon there will be a 16 dog ure coursing stake stright racing and show classes are best puppy best bitch best dog  best working type would be great if you could pass this message on to all whippet owners or come along and watch the little worriers battle it out
cheers robert

is this for whippets only or whippet x

coatsy said:
milliken said:
we will be holding are first show on sunday 16th of march at the round tower antrim just of the steeple road at 12 noon there will be a 16 dog ure coursing stake stright racing and show classes are best puppy best bitch best dog  best working type would be great if you could pass this message on to all whippet owners or come along and watch the little worriers battle it out
cheers robert

is this for whippets only or whippet x

whippets only sorry about that

robert i think to avoid any more confusion you should stick this onto the whippet forum or the coursing one as us lurcher and whippet cross owners are getting a bum steer.

hope you get a good turn out :thumbsup:

We`ve mentioned this before last year, but is my `Ernie` classed as a Whippet ? Both his parents raced under BWRA rules and are both Racing Champions. So will I be allowed to run him ? He weighs 31lbs and is not a 45lbs half-bred Greyhound cross ! Don`t want to travel all that way to be told he`s not allowed to run for what ever reason !

ernie_and_g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just heard theres a few k9ERS going up. theres a few of us coming up to watch these pure bred whippets in action. dont forget if you need any whippet crosses to make the numbers up let me know.

I've moved this topic as it seems to be more appropriate here than in the Lurcher forum :thumbsup:

(w00t) It's so nice to see something like this being organised for PURE WHIPPETS for a change :thumbsup: Usually we have to compete against lurchers!! It's amazing how lots of folk enter their dogs in the 'whippet' class at shows and then later on enter the same dogs in whippet cross class? :- " ...surely a dog can only be one or the other, a pure whippet or a whippet cross, not both??!!! :b

We'll certainly be there to support this event, along with a few of our whippets :D

I think this post should also be put in the 'general discussion whippets' section on here. :b

Martin Tucker said:
We`ve mentioned this before last year, but is my `Ernie` classed as a Whippet ? Both his parents raced under BWRA rules and are both Racing Champions. So will I be allowed to run him ? He weighs 31lbs and is not a 45lbs half-bred Greyhound cross ! Don`t want to travel all that way to be told he`s not allowed to run for what ever reason !
i would call him a whippet martin your more than well come to run him

stormydog said:
just heard theres a few k9ERS  going up. theres a few of us coming up to watch these pure bred whippets in action. dont forget if you need any whippet crosses to make the numbers up let me know.
ok then john there is now gona be racing for over 23 and under WHIPPET TYPE there will be stricked rules no whippet types will be aload to run along side whippet cheers robert

Hi robert, can we run Paris at this event she is just over 7 mths old, weighs 26lb & both her parents r registered & raced under the BWRA rules etc & paris herself is registered under the BWRA :thumbsup: she has never raced b4 but we would like to give her a go?? :thumbsup:

Rose :)

milliken said:
stormydog said:
just heard theres a few k9ERS  going up. theres a few of us coming up to watch these pure bred whippets in action. dont forget if you need any whippet crosses to make the numbers up let me know.
ok then john there is now gona be racing for over 23 and under WHIPPET TYPE there will be stricked rules no whippet types will be aload to run along side whippet cheers robert

cheers robert,

dont worry i play by the rules. China is whip cross (43lb 22.5") and is at present being registered with bwra.

i agree whippets (peds) shouldnt be raced with non-peds :thumbsup:

see you there then..ill be bringing a few mates with whippets too if that ok ?

stormydog said:
milliken said:
stormydog said:

cheers robert,

dont worry i play by the rules. China is whip cross (43lb 22.5") and is at present being registered with bwra.

the more the better just dont want this getting mix up with a lurcher show its for whippets and whippet type ie whippet greyhounds roes your more than well come to run her

milliken said:
stormydog said:
milliken said:
stormydog said:

cheers robert,

the more the better just dont want this getting mix up with a lurcher show its for whippets and whippet type ie whippet greyhounds roes your more than well come to run her
your problem robert might be distinguishing between what your going to class as a whippet type. at the end of the day its your descision and thats final.

fair play to you for trying to keep it for whippets.

by whippet type i mean whippet greyhound any thing with more than whippet greyhound in it ped will not get entred :)

So am I right in thinking that the ' show' classes are only for pure whippets ?, and there will be racing etc with only pure bred whippets against each other? :b

...and then you will also run separate races for only whippet X greyhound lurchers? :b

Sounds like fun :D ...although my best 'racing' whippet is still unwell and not fit enough to take part :( ...Will have to try and find some suitable 'substitutes' to bring along (w00t)

the show works out somethig like this i know thing dont always go to plan

12 noon 16 dog lure coursing stake whippets only ran in pairs

then show classes are child handling best puppy best bitch best dog best working type then a show class for whippet greyhounds then racing after the show whippet will NOT be ran with whippet greyhounds

if intrested in entering your whippet in the coursing pm me entre to coursing is 5 pound the winner gets 50 pound plus a lovely trofty

cheers robert

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back