The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.ireland Working Whippet Club

milliken

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
it will be held on sunday the 19th october at dunsilly kennels antrim

there will be classes as follows

whippet pup

whippet bitch

whippet dog

working whippet

whippet cross

showing to start at 1

lure coursing 12 pm

and racing after the show

robert

Hi Robert looking forward to this show we will be there. Can you try and get us a postcode for Dunsilly Kennels M8 , I get lost when am behind the wheel of a car !!

Ian

postcode BT412JH OR BT412JJ.....thats close enough im sure.

Shadow-Hunter said:
Hi Robert looking forward to this show we will be there.  Can you try and get us a postcode for Dunsilly Kennels M8 , I get lost when am behind the wheel of a car !!Ian

[SIZE=14pt]Ian i thought you were goin to say you get lost following behind Colin [/SIZE] :wacko: :lol:

msin102l.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Looking forward to it Robert, and meeting up with everyone again[/SIZE] :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
milliken said:
it will be held on sunday the 19th october at dunsilly kennels antrim
there will be classes as follows

whippet pup

whippet bitch

whippet dog

working whippet

whippet cross

showing to start at 1

lure coursing 12 pm

and racing after the show

robert

These were the folk who started me off in the greyhound game almost 10 years ago.Reared a few pups for them back then.They had a good setup then,and there were a few bunnies about too,that used to run through the paddocks that the sapplings were in.Hope i'll meet up with them again on the 19th,as it would be nice to have a natter with Linda and her old man.They've had some good dogs over the years.Nice one Robert.Well done mate. ...Billy...

your right billy some out standing dog kenneled there and a former oaks winner linda will not be there that day as she has a dog in a coursing stake in the the south but im sure victor will be over for a while billy if you think this place was good 10year ago you wanna see it now ive never seen a gallop like it

robert

milliken said:
your right billy some out standing dog kenneled there and a former oaks winner linda will not be there that day as she has a dog in a coursing stake in the the south but im sure victor will be over for a while billy if you think this place was good 10year ago you wanna see it now ive never seen a gallop like it
robert

Good job Victor survived that helicopter fallfrom the sky,quite a few years back,or there might not have been a Dunsilly Kennel.I take it,you know my old friend Brian Macklin too then.(BARNISH MAN)Barnish road.Randlestown.Victor once told me that he reared a track record breaker,on nothing but Tripe.

Unfortunately I have another engagement for that date too!

For the interests of everyone else, could you clarify whether dogs must have "qualified" by winning at previous events or will there be something for all whippets?

Is there any height limit for the "whippet cross"?

I was surprised to see 24 inch whippet-greyhound crosses in the non-ped whippet class at a lurcher show; they just don't look like whippets once they reach that height. The non-ped whippet racing clubs in Britain don't have a height limit; dogs over 40 lbs compete "from scratch" while the smaller ones have weight-handicapped races. But the dogs MUST be able to fit in the starting box and my 24 inch lurcher very barely managed that.

there will be are usal show racing lure coursing open to all whippets and cross then we will have are racing lure coursing and showing quilifire at the end

robert

Bluebell said:
Shadow-Hunter said:
Hi Robert looking forward to this show we will be there.  Can you try and get us a postcode for Dunsilly Kennels M8 , I get lost when am behind the wheel of a car !!Ian

[SIZE=14pt]Ian i thought you were goin to say you get lost following behind Colin [/SIZE] :wacko: :lol:

msin102l.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Looking forward to it Robert, and meeting up with everyone again[/SIZE] :thumbsup:

ha ha you ian was the 1 that got me lost i got us home in half the time c you all next weekend :thumbsup:

we are now running a whippet x puppy class and racing no height limit as long as they are 12 months or under

robert

milliken said:
we are now running a whippet x puppy class and racing no height limit as long as they are 12 months or under
robert

Does that mean if they are 12 months,and a few days they can run,as they would still be officialy 12 months,and not 13.Or do they all have to be under 12 months,ie(11 months),and whatever amount of days.I think a few of us would need to know this,before we enter our pups,or even bring them with us.Just so there's no problems when the racing starts. ...Billy...

not sure on this 1 as whiskey is 12 mounths and 1day oh hold on iwill contact geoff to c if the bitch went into the next day in pup o:)

billyboy45 said:
milliken said:
robert

Does that mean if they are 12 months,and a few days they can run,as they would still be officialy 12 months,and not 13.Or do they all have to be under 12 months,ie(11 months),and whatever amount of days.I think a few of us would need to know this,before we enter our pups,or even bring them with us.Just so there's no problems when the racing starts. ...Billy...

are you trying to tell us in all your years billy you dont know if dogs can run as pups at 12 months :blink:

right i can see where everyone is getting confussed here as most clubs run pups as dogs up to 12 months any thing over 12 months goes in to the over and unders

if your dog is 12 months but not 13 months it CAN run as a pup

robert

milliken said:
right i can see where everyone is getting confussed here as most clubs run pups as dogs up to 12 months any thing over 12 months goes in to the over and unders
if your dog is 12 months but not 13 months it CAN run as a pup

robert

Robert i still think youre not clear enough for anyone with pups. what are you saying as both lines conflict. are they allowed to run pups that are over 12 months but not 13 months or are you saying anything over 12 months goes into "overs and unders" as an adult ? just incase those involved get confused.

what distance are you running over by the way ?

think what roberts saying is 12months plus but not 13 which will suit alot more pups yea ha :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back