The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.ireland Working Whippet Club

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
milliken said:
i also dont normal put on puppy racing so i went out of my way to get the trophys for this thought as there is a lot of young dogs 12 months and under i thought i would be a great bit of competion but looks like no one wants competion i dont have to put this class on but done it out of kindness
robert

its very much appreciated Robert that your having a puppy race, like you say 12 month and under :thumbsup:

i cant c wot the problem is here!!!!!our pups awill be 12 months and ten days and well be running in the puppy race with or without them as we still have Magical Reni who has just turned 10 months...really too young to be raced but if needs be shel race. At the end of the day colins right.....wen do we know wen a pup isnt a pup...wen it comes to greyhounds they are classed as saplings from 8 months on and are too young to be raced anyway....its roberts show n what he has said goes!!!! c u all sunday...lukin 4ward to it!! :- " :p :thumbsup:

Things are heating up till Sunday (w00t) yous are talking alot about puppys what about the overs and unders and the whippet racing whos favourite to win that ?

Robert your dog must be in for a shout at coursing with all that hunting you do !!

coatsy said:
milliken said:
i also dont normal put on puppy racing so i went out of my way to get the trophys for this thought as there is a lot of young dogs 12 months and under i thought i would be a great bit of competion but looks like no one wants competion i dont have to put this class on but done it out of kindness
robert

iknow you did robert but people are expecting the pups all to be the same age i dont know why thers alot of crying maybe because thers pups that have run before but surely its for a bit of crack .

Robbie hope you have plenty of training in (your going to need it ) eveyone is lure training :- "

[]

Robbie hope you have plenty of training in (your going to need it ) eveyone is lure training :- "

[/

wot are you robbie n, abot are you on it you headcase (w00t)

wot are you robbie n, abot are you on it you headcase (w00t)

Robbie Williams ( Let me entertain you ) :) :lol: :D :teehee: just got a laugh at the puppy posts

Is there a Veteran race? I have a dog who could race in that. There is never a veteran race. When a dog gets to a certain age its rare for it to race. Organisers forget about the veterans over here where as in England they race all the time.

how far is the track ? is it a greyhound track or a straight gallop ? are you racing from traps or handslipping ?

hand slip up a up hill gallop not sure about distance it is but its a good run

robert

milliken said:
hand slip up a up hill gallop not sure about distance it is but its a good run
robert

robert ive heard "a good run" all year lol is it like your show at antrim, that sortve distance. just outve curiosty. im going to london on friday night to watch QPR but if im back in time or i get an earlier flight ill be up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
mate this will be the best gallop you have ran your dogs on this year (w00t) its about 3oo or 350 yrds

robert

milliken said:
mate this will be the best gallop you have ran your dogs on this year  (w00t) its about 3oo or 350 yrds
robert

now yer talking ! ill see what way im fixed though ill not know till sunday morning.

baby1 said:
Is there a Veteran race?  I have a dog who could race in that.  There is never a veteran race.  When a dog gets to a certain age its rare for it to race.  Organisers forget about the veterans over here where as in England they race all the time.

????????????????????????????

fra over here veterans are from 7 upwards in years. havin said that puppies are from 12 months :wacko: down so i dont know what you may expect

hope that helps

emms

georgesdragon said:
fra over here veterans are from 7 upwards in years. havin said that puppies are from 12 months  :wacko:     down so i dont know what you may expecthope that helps

emms

Yes I agree there are a lot of dogs over here that age and over so would make for a good race. :) I also agree that pups should be 12 months and under, the way its always been.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you can get me 6 vetrans ill be more than happy to put a race on but ill tell you you will be hard pushed

robert

if owners want to race there dogs, knowing there over 12 months old, and they win the race, i can't see the satisfaction in that :blink:

ONE YEAR IS 12 MONTHS, AND A PUPPY RACE IS A PUPPY RACE :thumbsup:

Quite agree with you here Deirdre :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back