The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.ireland Working Whippet Club

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
the height measurement is done from withers (top of shoulders) to toe/ground, "gelding" [!], more stable than measuring to a dog's head so maybe your dog is only 20 in?? and length of back is usuallmeasured from withers to top of the tail, but I've never heard of that measurement being taken for racing; they go by height or by weight.

I was so looking forward to racing my hounds last Sun but this weekend I have other plans alas.

gelding said:
:)) i have a lurcher cross not sure what its breed is i got it from assisi not sure of its age either, he s  approx 5  he has a smooth coat and he s about 28inches from head to tail and about 26inches from head to toe, ive never been to any thing like this before so i dont know what to expect or how the dogs are matched for racing sounds like fun.  :cheers:   :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
(w00t) Now now, John i hope I'm not included in that last comment, :- " (I'm Cornish and bloody proud of it,) :lol: :lol: :p :thumbsup: Di

:lol: Don't know anything about footy tho. :teehee:

Shadow-Hunter said:
coatsy said:
milliken said:
i also dont normal put on puppy racing so i went out of my way to get the trophys for this thought as there is a lot of young dogs 12 months and under i thought i would be a great bit of competion but looks like no one wants competion i dont have to put this class on but done it out of kindness
robert

iknow you did robert but people are expecting the pups all to be the same age i dont know why thers alot of crying maybe because thers pups that have run before but surely its for a bit of crack .

Robbie hope you have plenty of training in (your going to need it ) eveyone is lure training :- "

NOPE.No lure training for mine.

coatsy said:
after all the winding and crying robert dos a favour mate BOOK WHISKEY IN THE UNDERS  :thumbsup:
If the unders are good enough for you and Ian,then their good enough for me too Colin.But im gona need a saddle for my monkey dog,(opp's,soree,i meant Donkey dog,cause me thinks one monkey dogs enough).Will also race my other pups in the overs,if all pups that have past ,the race by date,have been taken of the puppy shelves.Don't know if my Donkey can run,as ive only ever given her one run,but will find out come Sunday. ...Billy...

All the very best to everyone at tomorrows show and racing. For all those who have said that their pups havn't seen a lure......come on.......you're waffling (w00t) .

All have a great day :cheers:

Can anybody shed some light onto how I get there. Where about in Antrim is it exactly???

its on the milltown road at dunsilly round about just of the m2 hope this helps if any one gets lost phone me on

robert

Thats us good to go just finishing our last bit of training

IMG_1961.jpg

Smokey taking a good long gallop

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

these two are eager to go watch out for that we faun one tomorrow :thumbsup:

Ian

fra said:
Can anybody shed some light onto how I get there.  Where about in Antrim is it exactly???
hi Frankie, why dont you get yourself a good Sat Nav like Ian's :p :- "

cgon287l.jpg

look forward to meeting up with you, is Nicola going :D

I'd just like to say :luck: to Rose with Diego & Zola in the puppy racing tomorrow :luck:

Also :luck: to Ian with Hector and :luck: to Rhonda & Colin with Whiskey in the under23" racing.

Make sure we see loads of pics Deidre :lol:

ok everyone hope your not scared of the rain but for the ones that are we have alovely dry tin shed for you :)

milly said:
I'd just like to say  :luck: to Rose with Diego & Zola in the puppy racing tomorrow  :luck: Also  :luck: to Ian with Hector and  :luck: to Rhonda & Colin with Whiskey in the under23" racing.

Make sure we see loads of pics Deidre :lol:

A little birdy tells me congratulations are in order to Zola for winning the puppy racing today :thumbsup: and Diego on winning puppy show :thumbsup:

Well done all the winners :thumbsup: Also Paris for winning the simulatd coursing :thumbsup:

Big Congratulations to Rose with Zola and Diego. :thumbsup: I bet your over the moon :thumbsup:

Well done Rose, sounds like you had a fantastic day...well done pups :thumbsup:

Anyone interested in the WHIPPET results??????? After all, it was the NI Working Whippet Club show and Champion of Champions...............

[SIZE=14pt]HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO JOHN AND MARGARET MCSTAY ON WINNINING CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WITH SILVER!!![/SIZE]

(w00t) Well done Rose and Deirdre, looks like your new generation are turning out to be winners, ;) You must both be on cloud nine. :thumbsup: Di

(w00t) Took Leia to the track today, she doing great, coming out of the trap nicely, passed Trent my other dog on the way up the track and beat him by 2 1/2 lengths even with her trap further back than his, i was well pleased with her, she coming along in leaps and bounds, :thumbsup: Di.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back