The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.ireland Working Whippet Club

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dukie said:
Anyone interested in the WHIPPET results??????? After all, it was the NI Working Whippet Club show and Champion of Champions...............
I'm always intrested in a show's full results :thumbsup: will you put them on please dukie?

well done ian with smokey just pipping colt to the tape in the overs. a great 2 dog final.

also well done colin and zena and deirdre and paris both putting up a spirited performance in the unders final coming in 2nd and 3rd to my monkey-dog who look as depressed as hell all day..typical girl..didnt like her hair getting wet :* !

a fantastic 300+ greyhound gallop fully enclosed and slightly uphill.

thanks Robert .

while im here...great day for rose with her crew :)

and also the main event - JOHN & MARGARET MCSTAY (PORTADOWN :D ) ON WINNING CHAMP OF CHAMPS !! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
stormydog said:
well done ian with smokey just pipping colt to the tape in the overs. a great 2 dog final. also well done colin and zena and deirdre and paris both putting up a spirited performance in the unders final coming in 2nd and 3rd to my monkey-dog who look as depressed as hell all day..typical girl..didnt like her hair getting wet  :* !

a fantastic 300+ greyhound gallop fully enclosed and slightly uphill.

thanks Robert .

while im here...great day for rose with her crew  :)

and also the main event - JOHN & MARGARET MCSTAY (PORTADOWN  :D )  ON WINNING CHAMP OF CHAMPS !!  :thumbsup:

You should have left her jacket on again John :lol:

great event robert and crew :cheers:

hoping ther is another one planned in the near future. will give u a shout about the lamping

pics from today, light was abit shite so please excuse

IMG_2657copy.jpg

IMG_2660copy.jpg

IMG_2663copy.jpg

IMG_2673copy.jpg

IMG_2676copy.jpg

IMG_2679copy.jpg

Well Done everybody :thumbsup: especially Rose and Ian :thumbsup:

Was impressed by how close Dannyboy got to big Colt today.With him only being a pup of 12 months and 11 days,and having only had a few slips up the field to date ,and a race down south he should do ok next year,Wwell done Ian,on winning the overs,with Smokey

BornToHunt said:
That wee Zola,in the 2nd and 3rd photo, is the best muscled,and conditioned 9 month old pup,ive ever laid eyes on.And schooled to perfection,the way i seen her slip,and perform today.I was realy proud of my Reni bitch coming 2 lengths behind her on the line,after only her 2nd time to chase a lure.I have to take my hat off to Zola's owner.A job well done,and a bunch of cowboy's like the rest of us, well had.Good pix under the circumstances Kevin.

milliken said:
ok everyone hope your not scared of the rain but for the ones that are we have alovely dry tin shed for you  :)
that was very thoughtful of you Robert and bails of hay for us to sit on :p :thumbsup:

DSCF2982.jpg

BornToHunt said:
Thought Trouble had you beat there Colin.Pity her legs went from under her,at the 200yrd mark,causing her to go all over the place for about 10 yrds or so,and losing her lead,as id have loved just that one elusive run,against China,which ive been longing for,for so long.That was what i wanted Robert to put 1st and 2nd through,in each heat,instead of just 1st,as she always runs quite a few lengths quicker,in her 2nd run.But hey,she may still be around next year mate.Pity poor Whiskey never got a decent run,as id have liked to see her fly up that Gallop.Hopefully we'll get that insurance sorted this week mate,and then we'll talk some more to Victor,and get another good meet sorted.We'll done today Robert.And well done to all the winners,big,wee,and little. ...Billy...

:) Lovely photo's Borntohunt, Looks like everybody had a great days racing, and what a track to die for. :thumbsup: Diane

Forgot to add my congratulations,to the McStay's.Well done you two,yet again.You'll have muscles on youre arms next year Margaret,with all the polishing you'll be doing,with all those lovely big cups. ...Billy..

full show and racing results

whippet pup class

1st chris barrows lady

2nd lawrance winki

3rd lizs cody

whippet bitch

1st roy hills ivie

2nd janet dukes vixin

3rd sammy barrows sky

whippet dog

1st tracy gills renoir

2nd robert woods spud

3rd sally carneys bud

working whippet

1st roy hills ivie

2nd robert woods spud

3rd janet dukes vixin

whippet cross pup

1st rose mc coys dieago

2nd frezers lincon

3rd willy poppy

whippet cross

1st jess

2nd billy harpers troble

3rd grants zena

whippet coursing

robert millikens prince

lurcher coursing paris

whippet pup racing

1st ann websters mini

2nd jim carneys flash

whippets racing

1st jim carneys bud

2nd roy hills ivie

lurcher pups

1st rose mc coys zola

2nd ace

overs racing

1st smoky

2nd colt

unders racing

1st johns china

2nd coatys zena

3rd paris

over all whippet show champion

tracy gills renoir

NIWWC SHOW CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

JOHNS SILVER

2ND JIMS BUD

NIWWC COURSING CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

ROBERT MILLIKENS PRINCE

2ND SAMMY BARROWS SKY

NIWWC RACING CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

JIM CARNEYS BUD

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A BIT NOW IT THERE WAS SOME FINELY TUNED DOGS OUT THERE TODAY WELL DONE TO ALL THE WINNERS AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY ONE FOR THERE HELP AND SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THIS FIRST YEAR OF THIS CLUB I HOPE YOU WILL ALL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT US AS WE MOVE ON TO ARE 2ND YEAR AND BIGGER AND BETTER THING WE COULD NOT DO THIS WITH OUT YOU ALL

THANKS AGAIN

ROBERT MILLIKEN

HERE HERE .Robert,I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you too mate,for all the hard ground work,that most people just don't see.We've had a great bit of craic most of the time this year mate,and we wouldn't have had it either,if it weren't for you.As some of us have said before,and the offer still stand's.If you need a hand,or a lure,or whatever,then for pete's sake tell us,and we'll pull the stops out for you.Now go and get youreself that insurance sorted,so's i can get you on my permission around Christmas time,when i know it better.Try COUNTRYSIDE ALLIANCE,as they will do one for the club too,which will cover youre shows.Better safe than sorry mate.So again,well done Robert,and thanks. ...Billy...

Kev these are the best Racing pix ever put on here mate. you have caught all those dogs perfect ! the coursing ones are great as the dogs head up the field.

GREAT JOB DONE IN MISERABLE LIGHT :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back