The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.W.R.F. A.G.M. MEETING.

cinnamon

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:w TONY REPORTING. I HAVE READ IN THE WHIPPET NEWS (JAN 2004) THAT THERE IS A MEMBERS MEETING AT ASHFORDBY ON 18 JAN. WELL I MUST INFORM THE MEMBERS THAT THERE IS NO MEETING . THE FED HAS ALWAYS BE COMMITTEE RUN , AND IF MEMBERS REQUIRE A SAY THEN THEY SHOULD PUT A LETTER TO THE N.W.R.F. SECRETARY BEFORE THE A.G.M. WHICH THE DATE IS IN THE WHIPPET NEWS. (THEREFORE THE FED MEMBERS SHOULD SAVE THEIR MONEY AND TIME AND IGNORE THE CALL FOR A MEETING. AT ASHFORDBY. IF ANY PROBELMS PLEASE GO THROUGH THE CORRECT CHANNELS.)

POSTED BY FED COMMITTEE :c

Typical reply from this so called committee, all fed members are in there rights to call a members meeting especially the way things have been of late.

If the present committee do not attend this meeting there will be a vote of no- confidants called , as advised in the letters that were sent to Yvonne, Tony, Alison and Paul it would be in there best interest to attend this meeting and to bring along all relevant books and paperwork, as theres a few things that needs to be discussed.

The meeting will there for go ahead as stated in Jan 2004 whippet news...WITH OR WITHOUT the present N.W.R.F Committee

Members have always been happy at the fed been run by the committee , until certain rules have been broken.

:D YVONNE AND MYSELF WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT LETTERS?

AS WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY LETTERS FROM YOU OR ANY MEMBERS REGARDING ANY MEETING. WHEN THE N.W.R.F. WAS FORMED BACK IN THE OLDEN DAYS IT WAS AN ORGANISATION RUN BY THE COMMITTEE,NEW COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE INVITED ON THE TOP TABLE BY THE COMMITTEE AT THE PRESENT TIME, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN DONE THAT WAY AND ALWAYS WILL.

BY ORDER OF THE N.W.R.F. COMMITTEE.

yes it has ,and thats why its time for change, you cannot carry on with double standards, you should attend this meeting ,you should of received the letters or is it like mine tony wich i have still not received ....i think not :angry:

cant you see that things need sorting out in a meeting ,you cannot swan around as if nothing is wrong ,without members you woulld not have a sport, this will go ahead with or without you both through a proper chair.

The letters were sent by recorded delivery ..so dont come that one

THE LETTERS WERE POSTED BEFORE THE JAN 2004 WHIPPET NEWS CAME OUT,

HERE IS A COPY THAT WAS SENT TO BOTH BODY'S OF THE FEB COMMITTEE...

Due to events that have taken place in the past year,

The persons of the the signed petition request a meeting with the present committee

To express their views of certain points that have arisen over 2003, and would ask that the committee to bring along all relevant books and paperwork.

The members are unhappy that the committee feels that they are above the rules that they would enforce, and have enforced, on members.

The meeting is intended to address this situation and to put people in place that would carry the Fed's ideals into the next year and beyond.

We give you below the date, time place, and must stress

That if you choose to ignore this call then a meeting of members will go

ahead in your absence.

We the members enclose the petitions forms with full name and address

Meeting at Asfordby, Melton Mowbray on 18th January 2004 1.30pm

Signed: concerned fed members

ALL PETITION HAVE BEEN COPIED AND WILL BE HANDED TO YOU AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING AGAIN.

AS SINCE THE LETTERS WHERE SENT THERE ARE ALOT MORE NAMES BEEN ADDED

I DO HOPE THAT THE FED COMMITTEE TAKES THE OPPORTUNITY TO COME ALONG TO THE MEETING TO DISCUSS THESE POINTS THAT YOUR MEMBERS FEEL NEEDS ADDRESSING ..I CANNOT SEE HOW YOU CAN CARRY ON AS IF NOTHING HAS HAPPENED, MEMBERS DID TRUST THE FED BUT THATS GONE NOW

Surely people can't just start a club up, fill it with members then run the club how they like and alter things to suit them with out the members permision.....surely if a meeting is called by the members and the proper procedure followed ie letters sent out by recorded delivery as stated in the above post.........surely the meeting is above board and legal.......correct me some one if i am wrong?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
if this petition was posted to tracks the north east did not get one .

no one at bigges main or rising sun has seen this petition

donna + gary

Donna there was a petition went around north east tracks ..

sorry denise but i can only comment on what i know and that is no one at the rising sun or bigges main seen a petition.

donna

Well theres a few signatures from up that way ....

I personal think a fed meeting should have been called when Hellbounds test came back positive , this would have let Yvonne and Tony explain to their members the reasons why this happened, however them not explaining the positive test has caused alot of unnecessary gossiping behind there back ..Gaz wouldn't have felt the need to speak out at the fed champs..which i personal don't think it was the wrong place, but do feel he should have gone about it different.

The petition was not done easy there was alot of member consulted about weather they felt the need for a meeting and the general answer was yes ...i think alot of people have now lost all faith in the present fed committee..i think this needs addressing in a proper manner, which i can add will be done at the meeting on the 18Th January ...there would be no fed if it wasn't for the members who support it ,

You cannot have one rule for members and different rules for Yvonne and Tony because they are on the committee, i am sorry but its just not workable.

The only way this will get sorted now is to hold the meeting, as the menbers want with the committee.

i always thought that the FED was zero tolerence and the BWRA was 8 mg or sommert like that so whats all the s**t about the test was done by the BWRA and not the FED

JUST MY OPINION BY THE WAY BEFORE YOU ALL START GETTING MARDYS ON :D

WONDER HOW MANY OF YOU'S WILL STILL BE RUNNING WITH TE FED NEXT YEAR

:(

The meeting not just about hellbounds failed test its about the present fed committee have a rule that states any dog giving a positive test in the BWRA is to be banned from the fed ...

if it how ever had been me or you failing a drugs test at BWRA we would not of been able to run in fed ..so richie how comes there still running fed?

august 1999 whippet news page 14..if anybody need to read it for themselfs ...

the way i understood it was that anyone who failed a bwra drug test was automatically banned from the fed, at the bwra the level is 8 mg (or summert) before any action is taken....the fed have zero tolerence so therefore hellbound has failed a drug test at the bwra but because it was below the 8 level no action is being taken, but according to the feds own ruling they should ban themselves.

In the past i dont think the fed have treated other racers fairly (irene cunningham, batesons) and really they should abide by there own rules and ban themselves....its only fair.

Infact the fed has'nt been the same organisation since dave thompson, keith fowler and kevin mc crae all left/resigned. fed events were something in those days i looked forward to going to....the xmas bend derbys with the raffles,mince pies and really good atmosphere, infact i dont even think ive been to a fed event this year at all (infact i still think they have my card :b )....and it apprears i havent missed out on much.

I get the feeling though the meeting wont make the present comitee resign, the way i understood it with the fed is that basically they can do what they want and members dont get a say, I think the only way would be to talk with youre feet and dont attend fed meetings and dont pay youre membership.

I think people would have sympathy for tony and yvonne about this issue if it was'nt for the way they had treated other racers in the past.....but as someone mentioned when the drug test issue came out........what goes around comes around.

I have to agree whole heartedly with all Michelle has stated in the above post....i always thought that if the body( members) of a club wanted to air their grievences they called for a meeting, ;) if the committee did not attend then they had automatically resigned, if this is not so then I stand to be corrected......... :b

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back