The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

N.W.R.F. A.G.M. MEETING.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i always thought that if the body( members) of a club wanted to air their grievences they called for a meeting,  if the committee did not attend then they had automatically resigned
I'm not sure how that will work though, if what you are saying is right, how can you force them to hand over the books etc?

Michelle I think you put that very well, evan a child of 5 would understand.

Pauline

SOLICITORS LETTER IS A GOOD WAY TO MAKE THEM PROVIDE ALL EVIDENTS THAT OUR MONEY WE HAVE INJECTED INTO THE FED HAS BEEN SPENT THE RIGHT WAY ....

IF THE FED COMMITTEE REFUSES TO COME TO THE MEETING WHICH ITS CONCERNED MEMBERS HAVE CALLED FOR ..I PERSONALLY WILL ASK MEMBERS WHO ARE THERE TO GIVE THEM A VOTE OF NO-CONFIDENCE ..IF THEY DON'T NOT SEE THE SERIOUS IN THE MEMBERS MEETING THEM MAYBE THEY SHOULD RESIGN ..YVONNE AND TONY SHOULD OF RESIGNED AFTER HELLBOUNDS POSITIVE TEST UNTIL AND MATTERS WERE RESOLVED

I FIND IT FUNNY AFTER READING THOUGH OLD WHIPPET NEWS LAST NIGHT THAT IRENA AND THE BATSONSON NEVER GOT ANY ORIGINAL PAPER WORK FROM THERE FAILED TEST JUST YVONNE'S WORD FOR IT ..I WOULD HOPE THAT THESE ORIGINAL LETTERS CAN BE PRODUCED AT THIS MEETING TOO

The members are asking to look at ..... the members property ... books etc.

There can be no harm in that.

Pauline

Unfortunatly being the member of a club gives no automatic legal right to have any say in how that club is run or any right to see the books etc. The NWRF (and the IRG for that matter) is not owned by those that pay the membership fee but the commitee or those accepted by the committee as having ownership share. Hence any meeting held by "members" has no legal authority.

Of course there is no obligation to pay membership fees and race under the NWRF. The BWRA at least slowly responds to its membership as a result of its democratic constitution and the IRG are clearly trying to give racers the best deal possible which gives to organisations, along with club opens, to race at.

The NWRF is not really a national body anymore and if the number of members continues to be reduced will become an irrelevance - you can always vote with your feet, -don`t renew and don`t race NWRF if you are opposed to the committee.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if members are worried about certain rules that the fed have broken and don't agree with the way its been run ..surly there would be no fed if there was no members ...

What if some thing have not been paid out that should of been paid out like sponsorship?

are the members not in there right to see if theres been a mistake made?

i remember a few years ago when the whole of the British people came together against the rise in the price of fuel that the government wanted to increase ..we should all stand together

I rearly do feel for those people in the past that have been treated unfairly, if a rule stands for one it stands for us all. Could anyone enlighten me with all that about the testing lab actualy being a post office or not.

when the BWRA left the hfl testing lab they went to the present one they are using now ..a few of the bwra committee members went to the lab to inspect it , they found it was run really well, the test went to a postoffice to be picked up by the lab ...i would think that seen as the tests are posted via british mail they would go to a post office either way ..just the same as anyone of us posting a parcel i would think ..

Tony, just to put the record straight in respects of the I.R.G. We do run along the same sort of lines as the old federation used to and they used to pay out all in the same vain as ourselves. The big difference is that we do not take any membership fees and all that is taken in and sponsor money is paid put. Everyone who races with us can inspect the finances on the day in the form of a balance sheet and our yearly finances book is open for anyone who races with us to see after January 1st each year. I have no need to do this, but i think it is only fair and proper to do so. I have nothing to hide. John Meades.

mutley said:
The meeting not just about hellbounds failed test its about the present fed committee have a rule that states any dog giving a positive test in the BWRA is to be banned from the fed ...if it how ever had been me or you failing a drugs test at BWRA we would not of been able to run in fed ..so richie how comes there still running fed?

august 1999 whippet news page 14..if anybody need to read it for themselfs ...
i posted the statment the fed made in august 1999 whippet news page 14..incase noone has this whippet news

hope it helps

hope this is not to big

291203-33.jpg

if you find it hard to read i can email anyone a copy just let me know

i did apologies at the time for my language but not the content of what i said and stand by my views, :angry: i could not race my dogs at an event ran bye tony or Yvonne ever again, nor would i trust them to take another test from my dogs especially now with all the targeting of people past and present, when this first came out tony taylor asked a question ,i wonder if they get better treatment than those in the past ,letts see......................... :angry: we have a right to a say in our sport, the fed was once a great racing Bodie but not anymore ,a lott of rumours goin round saying it will fold if tony and yvonne resign this is rubbish, it is time for change they cannot break there own rules to suite themselves, although a few still have not grasped this, its up to members to right this wrong , i know people will say i am saying this because i am banned but the reason i am banned is for saying it in the first place ,if anyone should be banned its tony and yvonne for there positive test by there ruling not anyone elses ....... :angry:

people are saying that tony and von should have been banned from running with the fed for failing a BWRA test.

was EXSTACY banned from the fed for failing a BWRA test? :w

the ruling was brought in after extacys ban by yvonne and tony

RITCHIE, When Extacy was tested and failed according to the B.W.R.A. ruling, the Federation did not have a ruling that any dog banned by the B.W.R.A. would be banned by the federation. The federation brought this ruling in at later date. This ruling was brought in by the then federation national drug officer who's dog has, for whatever reasons, failed the B.W.R.A. testing procedure. It is therefore logical that the rules that now apply to us all should also apply to them.

This ruling, however it may appear to the racers and the committee now was passed with their blessing.

I know you have gone into greyhounds now Ritchie but tell me honestly, would you have been expecting to race with the federation this year if it had been you that had, for whatever reasons, failed the B.W.R.A. test. I think not.

hiya john if i was still in whippet racing then yes i would have expected to run with the fed next year .

tony n yvonne have asked me to put this next reply on

AT THE NWRF AGM IN 1999 IT WAS SAID THAT ANY DOG FAILING A BWRA TEST

WOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE BANNED FROM THE NWRF FOR A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR AND THE NWRF HAD HOPED THAT THE BWRA WOULD DO THE SAME .HOWEVER AT THE BWRA AGM THE BWRA SAID THAT THIS WAS NOT WORKABLE SO THE NWRF LET THEIR RULING STAND UNTIL THE NEXT NWRF AGM

AT WHICH TIME IT WAS ABOLISHED AND THE RULING CHANGED TO A 2 YEAR BAN INSTEAD OF 12 MONTHS BAN YVONNE ALSO SAID THAT GARY BAILEY KNOWS TO WELL THAT HE RECIEVED A WARNING EARLIER THIS YEAR AT THE NWRF STRAIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS .

if anyone has any questions please phone von n tony

ritchie said:
hiya john if i was still in whippet racing then yes i would have expected to run with the fed next year .tony n yvonne have asked me to put this next reply on

AT THE NWRF AGM IN 1999 IT WAS SAID THAT ANY DOG FAILING A BWRA TEST

WOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE BANNED FROM THE NWRF FOR A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR AND THE NWRF HAD HOPED THAT THE BWRA WOULD DO THE SAME .HOWEVER AT THE BWRA AGM THE BWRA SAID THAT THIS WAS NOT WORKABLE SO THE NWRF LET THEIR RULING STAND UNTIL THE NEXT NWRF AGM

AT WHICH TIME IT WAS ABOLISHED AND THE RULING CHANGED TO A 2 YEAR BAN INSTEAD OF 12 MONTHS BAN YVONNE ALSO SAID THAT GARY BAILEY KNOWS TO WELL THAT HE RECIEVED A WARNING EARLIER THIS YEAR AT THE NWRF STRAIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS .

if anyone has any questions please phone von n tony
Its all well and good the NWRF claiming that it changed the rule but since the AGM is a committee only affair and members are not invited, and since I can recall no corresponding announcement in Whippet News or anywhere else then how are the members supposed to know about this rule change (and it would appear no one else is aware of this rule change) or if such a change was actually made? Perhaps the NWRF committee thinks its members are psychic

Its remarkable how NWRF rules at the time always appears to suit the committee. The original ban under a BWRA failure conveniently banned Xstacy and Yvonnes personal involvement here is well known.

As far as the ban is concerned I think most people would believe that Gary and Denise would not be banned if his outburst was not directed at Yvonne and Tony - if it had been directed at the Hardy`s they would have been more likely to join in.

dont know dont care speak to yvonne and tony as it doesnt concern me any more i just put on what they asked. :D :p

when we started whippet racing we asked several people about the rules and what would happen if you was banned from either BWRA or NWRF and we was told if you are banned from one you are not banned from the other. :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back