The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Natures Menu Pouches

~whitecross whippets~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
as a recent convert to barf using natures menu frozen raw feeds....it dawned on me today that it will create a problem when i go on holiday

we go away for 6 wks a year at least (including disneyland) and there is no way i can feed or store raw food in the caravan!

so....i thought the next best thing was natures menu pouches...what does anyone think of them.....or does anyone have a better solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
~whitecross whippets~ said:
as a recent convert to barf using natures menu frozen raw feeds....it dawned on me today that it will create a problem when i go on holidaywe go away for 6 wks a year at least (including disneyland) and there is no way i can feed or store raw food in the caravan!

so....i thought the next best thing was natures menu pouches...what does anyone think of them.....or does anyone have a better solution?

I have the ultimate solution, STOP AT HOME WIV YOUR DOGS, INNIT, lol

mine love it, i don't give it to them often but they are handy for quickness...

mine love the chicken with rice and veg, when i am in a hurry just mix with dry complete.

I have the ultimate solution, STOP AT HOME WIV YOUR DOGS, INNIT, lol

jasper and gypsy have not experienced the world with me yet cause i have not had them long enough but all my other dogs in the past have loved their holidays...the only problem is when i get my next dog we all wont fit in and i will have to sleep under the stars....lol... -_- (w00t)

I use the forthglade menu pouches when I am away, these seem to agree better with mine than the natures menu but they are very similar. I always keep some at home just in case I have had a lapse of memory and forgotten to take their food out of the freezer!

i feed mine the natures menu pouches for breakfast, they love them :D

melanie said:
i feed mine the natures menu pouches for breakfast, they love them :D
That's a brilliant idea - saves fussing around scrambling eggs or opening sardine tins without cutting yourself at 6am :lol:

Josie has tried these before and I think you'll be quite happy with the pouches when you're on hols, ~whitecross~ but I expect it might work out quite expensive.

I am going to look into the ones Jo mentions as well :thumbsup: it's not a brand I've seen anywhere I don't think.

edited to say - I found this site which stocks lots of Forthglade food, and they deliver free if you spend over £30 which is a bonus :thumbsup: k9capers.com I've never used them so I've no idea how reliable their service is.

Just noticed they also stock Natures Menu sachets in boxes of 8 too. I like the site, it's very easy to browse :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Flo has chicken and rice one- mixed with her fish kibble! she luurrvves it, sometimes as supper i warm it a little- 10 secs in microwave and it settles her for the night- spoilt :D

but they smell yukky, apparently they are cooked in pouch- lots of nice oil in them too- quite moist when not chilled

oh k9 capers are great...i used to get them to deliver my wafcol salmon and potato when i was going through all the hypo diets!!! (w00t)

thanks...i have tried them actually in the past....but they werent keen...they are quite dry arent they?..oh and i can never get the damn top off unless i stab it with a knife!!...lol.. :blink:

The other standby I use is tinned Butchers tripe, mine love it, most flavours but they particularly like the Beef, rice & carrots and Chicken, ham & rice and Tripe & vegetables!!!

I only started on the raw diet last year Kaz so have yet to go away in the caravan, last year they were on complete much easier but the prefer the raw so I am thinking of either :

putting frozen bags in a couple of cool boxes with ice packs (because I get it from the farm shop and bag it up it takes an age to defrost anyway)

Or buying one of those freezer boxes and keeping it frozen

Or buying it while I'm there as and when although the pet shop stuff is different to what I use they still like it :thumbsup:

mine also like the nature diet and Butchers as a stand by food

I usually microwave some eggs or give them cereal for breakfast :D

Ive tried the natures menu - my dogs like them too. :thumbsup: I saw them at Pets at home so decided to buy a few pouches.

dessie said:
The other standby I use is tinned Butchers tripe, mine love it, most flavours but they particularly like the Beef, rice & carrots and Chicken, ham & rice and Tripe & vegetables!!!
I use butchers as well for their brekkie and also if I forget to get there tea out of the freezer :oops:

Mine like all the tripe mixes (beef and tripe being the favourite but they wont touch the ones with veg at all - strange dogs, addicted to tripe I think).

Used to give natures menu and still do occasionally but it tends to give Lenny the squits :x however they do absolutely love it!!(the food, not the squits (w00t) )

I'm the same with nature diet, cant get the b***** lids off!!!

well ibought..butchers/naturediet/menu today and tried a bit of each to see whaat they thought!!!...they wouldnt touch it....cheeky beggars!!!!...oh well i will have to keep trying otherwise they will all starve (w00t) not to mention ive got enough to feed about 50 dogs!!!!...lol... (w00t)

thanks for all the advice :cheers:

how much did you pay for these Nature Menu pouches?in my local pet shop they are 99p, in the market they are 70 p each.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back