The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

(Need Help) New Puppy parents Milo the Dachshund (9 weeks old)

Andyirl

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi am new to the Forum and new to puppys we have a lhasa apso which we got when she was 1 and is now 13 so was already housed trained and puppy stage nearly finished, so this is all new to us. Milo is a blue and tan Dachshund i have a couple of question we have had him 2 days.
The breeder had him and 2 sisters in a puppy pen when we picked him up with puppy pads down he give us a pack with some pads we have got him a bed and i made an area in the living room with a old child safety fire guard (i also have a soft shell play pen coming tomorrow from Amazon) and put the pads down which he has pee'ed on a couple of time but we r taking him out every hour and after eating sleeping and playing.

1. My question is do i stop using the pads or is it ok to use them and is there anything else we should be doing?

2. At night when we try and put him down for the night he just crys and barks my 2 daughters have spent the last 2 nights down stairs with him whats the best way to handle this?

thanks for all your help

Hello and welcome.

I'm going to suggest some of our help articles first but of course, please do come back to us if you have any questions.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back