The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New FED Committee persons

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well said -John Meades! -straight and to the point as usual.

There are definitley some cheeky bast--ds about who neither help with their comments or improve racing in any way, shape or form.

Steve

I don't know what brought this onslaught on John M on, he only started this topic with kind words and good luck for the new(if any) Fed committee members, he certainly didn'y deserve this

and going on to what has been said at the end of the day it is down to members as they are the fed as they are in the bwra the top tables run our sport and make sure that certain rules are followed so if members feel things are not right they will step in and do the right thing ask why this is not being done and have a right to call meeting if they feel the need for it. ;)

DENISE BAILEY said:
what about the people from Scotland why did the golden jacket get taken from there?The fed opens need spreading about the country again
The last Golden Jacket event in Scotland was Either on 1997 or 1998 I think and I think I am also right in saying that was the last time the N.W.R.F held any kind of event in Scotland. I could not say who made this decision and why but I think surley we should get one golden jacket event in Scotland. Some might say that people might not travel but in my opinion that should not matter as that is not a valid reason not to give members in Scotland a chance to run at a Golden Jacket event localy and I am sure that racers in the north of England would travel. Or even if the Scottish Derby committee (I dont think they ever have) had been approched to hold it during the two weekends racing something could have been arranged. But if any golden jacket event had to be a stand alone event and no one from the N.W.R.F committee were able to travel I would like to think that someone from Scotland could run the event (no I am not putting myself up for that duty) on their behalf. Surley this is not to much to ask as most other events are held in middle England.

How true john i think the people from Scotland always get the shitty end of the stick ...like i was saying fed events need to be spread though out the country to gave everyone a chance of winning some thing or other with them ..its been the same dogs for a couple of years now thats won or been in the fed top 5

tanyia said:
ROWLEY  ??  WHO ARE WE TALKING TO ?Pauline
I WOULD LET PEOPLE WHO CAN PUT THERE PROPER NAME TO A POST BOTHER ANYONE ONE HERE ..IT JUST SHOWS WHAT THEY ARE

now i know how people felt when i thought it funny to be lampin larry, apologies , :b come on sign your name rowley... after such an uncalled stab at a good man such as mr meades. :angry:

:Ddenise i agree with u about scotland not getting enough opens .but it is not just the fed that is guilty of this. no one seems to have mentioned why are all/most of bwra opens at asfordby.i am not complaing about the track at asforby but unlike bend venues which may be hard to come by straight tracks r easier to find .and there r plenty of good straight tracks up country .north yorks,northeast,scotland ,

So lets not just accuse the fed of this .(it must be to cold up here for any of them)l :D

sorry about that the last post was from me.(cinnamon) not sherry .sorry sherry

Now Rowley, I have had time to read the rest of your posting and I would like to pick on an issue that you made in your post, I Quote “get top 10 points, trophies, money and anything else on offer??? This is all done at their own expense,” un quote. What are you trying to say here Rowley, That all monies paid into the federation as membership money and all money paid in at the start of each race meeting is not the members money or the racers money and that it mysteriously vanishes and the Federation committee then put their hands into their pockets and pay out this money that its members have put in, I think not Rowley, or are you saying that all the money that is put in doesn’t cover all the cost to run the group over a year so the committee have to use their own money to cover the shortfall, again Rowley, I think not, but unless you are in a privileged position to be able to see the books, like the rest of the membership, you will never know. Now on to you’re second bit,

I Quote “What about the time you brought sachets of Bute to Ilkeston Whippet Racing Club, what does that do for your dog,” un quote. This is what Bute actually does for my dog/s. Being as Bute is an anti-inflammatory it works by allowing an increase of blood flow through the injured part of a dogs body, an increase of blood flow reduces swelling and allows for Quicker healing there by allowing you less time that your dog needs to be off the track before you can get it back to full fitness and racing again.

But I don’t think that your statement was made with the intent of learning anything at all Rowley, May I say that you have forgotten to add the Damning punch line to the story, were you not paying attention when you were earwigging or when you were told the tale, well so you can repeat the story in a proper fashion next time, I will give you the ending lines, just so you don’t get it wrong again, you end by saying, Well his wife used to be a chemist at the Boots Company and she must know what to give the dogs. This is then followed by a knowing look. Makes the tale far more juicy do you not think.

I find it dificult to understand WHY Rowley is pointing a finger at a certain person who has done nothing wrong, ;) cept congratulate any new members on to the fed committee ??? ..........would you please enlighten us all Rowley who ever you are :angry:

good job i agreed with cinamon bout tracks up here in the north. know exactley what she means bout asfordby n not all bend tracks r that way. wot bout easington and another good track is cambois but lots of u prob havent heard of that. 2 cinamon i will have 2 change me password now u know it and can u please give me a nice smiley face

HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD THAT SOMEONE CONTACTED KINSLEY ASKING IF FED MEETINGS COULD RETURN THERE ONLY. THE OTHER DAY I WAS THERE WATCHING THE GHDS AND A CHAP THAT RUNS AT KINSLEY WAS ASKING US IF WE STILL HAD THE WHIPPETS AND WE GOT TALKING AND HE SAID THAT THEY RECIEVED A LETTER FROM THE NEW FED COMMITTE ASKING IF FED COULD RETURN THERE HAVING SPOKEN TO TONY HE KNOWS NOTHING OF THIS.THE REQUSET WAS DECLINED BY KINSLEY. :p

MANDA :D

I know nothing about it but why was the request denied to the fed?

Is it just the fed who can't run at Kinsley or are the other bodies not welcome there either?

If enough sponsorship was put up to cover the cost for the running of the track would an open be able to go ahead by an independant body?

so is an independant body allowed to use kinsley dee?

To start with if a dog is injured and having to use anty-inflammitory drugs etc, should we not be asking (should this dog be racing??)angry: and if you have got to start using any of the above mentioned substances, well should we not be looking at WHY and again asking should this dog be racing...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
if an open can be held at kinsley.....i would'nt mind paying extra to attend (getting mega kinsley curry n chips withdrawl) :D .

TOO TRUE Michelle, lovely dinners at Kinsley............. :D :p :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back