The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New International Lurcher Events

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:blink: OOOOOPS!!!! Just noticed that Albert had already posted his response as i hadn't read all the posts on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRAPS?????? NO! NO! NO! and a thousand more NO'S. TRAPS, How dumb can you be and still breathe. Keep it the old traditional way. Are traps going to be used at every qualifying show? Those who have their dogs already trained to run out of traps are at an advantage. Alberts original post mentions nothing about traps. Why anyone would suggest it baffles me!. Let Albert and his team run it the way they have always run their events. Over the years they have proved beyond a shadow of doubt for organisation and support year in and year out they are the best this side of the water. Others have come and gone yet Seamus and Matt still run the best shows on a regular basis. Hey!!!! I guess you can gather i'm not for traps at Lurcher events. :teehee: :teehee:
are u tat daft tat u cant school dogs out of traps there is flapping tracks all over the country how does every other dog owner get there dogs out of traps it called training :clown: ..tat is wat is wrong in sport we ave people like u coming on and leaving smart comments tat knows it all jack of all trades master of none...i was just trying to be helpful but some people appriciate nothink :sweating: ...well if u think that boys run best show in this side of water tat is your opp live and let live i say...i wish the boys well who run the show...

but six people slipping six dogs and which baffle me is tat owners slip there own dogs over 150yards :unsure: if u cant see my point about traps well then i dont know wat to say to u....as i said early on in one of my posts alot of people given out over it how many dogs turn up for the days racing last year..we will be running a days racing soon and we will ave 70 dogs at least..

anyway albert best wishs and if u would need anythink done to help u are more than welcome to pm me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JUST MY OPINION IF TRAPS ARE USED QUITE OF THE WORKING DOGS THAT HAVE NEVER SEEN A TRAP AND THEIR OWENERS DONT HAVE ACESS TO A TRAP WILL BE AT A DISADVANTAGE
look im sorry i even saaid anythink about traps wat a load of silly talk over traps

Let them run it their way Shane !

We both know where the best and fastest dogs in the Country are, proper race meetings, and if`s there any doubt of that, they should come to Roscrea on the 20th March and see for themselves and enter if they think they can win ! Doubtful you`ll have many to take on the Southern lads !

Time you boys all shut you traps and get on with the racing :clown: (w00t) :teehee:

We both know where the best and fastest dogs in the Country are, proper race meetings, and if`s there any doubt of that, they should come to Roscrea on the 20th March and see for themselves and enter if they think they can win ! Doubtful you`ll have many to take on the Southern lads !
well martin u knowyour dogs i dont ave to say any more on this then as i said just trying to help :thumbsup:

and as u know from racing down ere wit us its one r if not the best racing days in ireland and i dont mean to be trowing stones at anyone by saying this so please dont be offended were all in it for one think love racing dogs :luck:

jonny dickers on the first and the mourne on the 15th will qualify all them for it :thumbsup: the northern dogs are headin down to ya shane,any of you more than welcome to the mourne on the 15th,the qualifier is 150 yards but the rest is 300yrds fast tight ground.itll be very interesting to see who has the fastest as the qualifiers are laid on so their is no excuse,again well done albert this will be a bit of craic :teehee:

Wish Martin you would tell us the breeding of a few dogs if you no yours dogs so well :-

LOL Boring Boring :clown: The Northern lurcher enthusiasts have taken on the Southerners, the Scottish, the English, and the Welsh in their own back garden on many an occasion and came out on tops. Pity the majority of the 70 dogs at the Southern meetings didn't travel further than the South. When you begin to organise Shows and Racing for all aspects of Lurchers and Terriers up and down the length of the North and the South then tell others how to do it. I dont know of any lurcher event that covers both showing and racing that uses boxes for their straight races.........thats not to say that their isn't any but i don't know of any.

LOL Boring Boring :clown: The Northern lurcher enthusiasts have taken on the Southerners, the Scottish, the English, and the Welsh in their own back garden on many an occasion and came out on tops. Pity the majority of the 70 dogs at the Southern meetings didn't travel further than the South. When you begin to organise Shows and Racing for all aspects of Lurchers and Terriers up and down the length of the North and the South then tell others how to do it. I dont know of any lurcher event that covers both showing and racing that uses boxes for their straight races.........thats not to say that their isn't any but i don't know of any.
look dazgail just forget smart comments this is realy recking the tread...some dogs do come down from the north to race and they will tell ya its a good day why dont u come down for a good day...in relation to dogs going futher than the south not many do the type racing we do...we do hold a show in roscrea and we do racing on the day out of traps..i never told anyone how to run a day i tried to give help...good :luck: wit your racing or wat ever you r into i know its not traps :blink:

Is that the kettle calling the pot black...smart comments....have a look at your own and Martins posts :blink:

Is that the kettle calling the pot black...smart comments....have a look at your own and Martins posts :blink:
i ave looked back and all smart comments started on your first post...look just stop trying to keep all slagging going like a good man

What sort of interest has this International Lurcher Event attracted from Scotland, Wales and England. It would be awesome to see dogs from every country represented on the day. WOW!!! Think of the bragging rights for both the owner and the country of the fastest Lurcher.

What sort of interest has this International Lurcher Event attracted from Scotland, Wales and England. It would be awesome to see dogs from every country represented on the day. WOW!!! Think of the bragging rights for both the owner and the country of the fastest Lurcher.
So Far our Qualifiers for both championships are Johny Dickers( Kilkenny); Ballywalter - both 1st May.

Des Macken's Show 7th May, Mourne 15th May, Florence Court. We can take one more Southern event.

We now also have qualifiers in North & South of England, Scotland and Wales.

Full qualifying list published soon.

albertj

Has they Roscrea Working Dog Social Club not got their event down as a qualifier?

IF it was a lurcher that wins :thumbsup: lurchers excel at working and catching game, greyhounds are bred to race

So Far our Qualifiers for both championships are Johny Dickers( Kilkenny); Ballywalter - both 1st May.

Des Macken's Show 7th May, Mourne 15th May, Florence Court. We can take one more Southern event.

We now also have qualifiers in North & South of England, Scotland and Wales.

Full qualifying list published soon.

albertj
u can put in roscrea albert if u ave one vacant can u pm me details thanks

Martin the racing use do down there, you dont need to have the fastest dog in the country to win it, you just need a dog that can stay. For example 300yds and the dog has to go up it at least 5 times. :thumbsup:

Martin the racing use do down there, you dont need to have the fastest dog in the country to win it, you just need a dog that can stay. For example 300yds and the dog has to go up it at least 5 times. :thumbsup:
that is the biggest load of bull i ave ever heard to say u dont need a fast dog why would u say tat slippy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back