The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New International Lurcher Events

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Martin the racing use do down there, you dont need to have the fastest dog in the country to win it, you just need a dog that can stay. For example 300yds and the dog has to go up it at least 5 times. :thumbsup:
that is the biggest load of bull i ave ever heard to say u dont need a fast dog why would u say tat slippy
Shane,

You should read the post again! I didnt say you didnt need a fast dog, I said you dont need the fastest dog in the Country! As Martin suggested Southerners have the fastest dogs down your part of the world, I thought id make my point! :thumbsup:

haveta say that the racin dwn south is a gud days crak and a gud days racin..we always travel dwn without fail n is well worth the journey...nice ta see some new faces wen we do go dwn... we shall c yes all on the 20th agen... and cant wait to the racin season starts up here either to get mi pups up the field n c wat they can do... The New International Lurcher Events are deffs guna b gud :thumbsup:

Hey u lot. Quit arguing,n watnot. yup,its me hahaha. not long from now.U will b fed up wey me.Cuz we're on the move again. cant wait tey get the old internet up n running folks.But anyway.I wud like to congratulate Albert,Seamus,Matt and the team. For yet another great sporting calander of racing.If this dont entice the owners of racee dogs from the UK mainland. then i dont know what its gona take,to get them across the water. guess this brings us up to and above,the standards,and prize funds of anywhere in the UK and IRELAND. Well done folks. just hope use get repaid,by aan upgrade of race entries,from near and far. As Kirsty said. We travel as far south as we can afford to do so.Racing dwn there is absolutely great. Hospitality is the same. ssomee very fast dogs down there,who can also stay abit. we've been and had our victoory this year already. With our black bitch pup. so hoping to go one better with the dogs next time.If ur not in u cant win. so giv this event a chance folks,and congratulate all concerned.Instead of gettn at one n others throat,lol.

What sort of interest has this International Lurcher Event attracted from Scotland, Wales and England. It would be awesome to see dogs from every country represented on the day. WOW!!! Think of the bragging rights for both the owner and the country of the fastest Lurcher.
So Far our Qualifiers for both championships are Johny Dickers( Kilkenny); Ballywalter - both 1st May.

Des Macken's Show 7th May, Mourne 15th May, Florence Court. We can take one more Southern event.

We now also have qualifiers in North & South of England, Scotland and Wales.

Full qualifying list published soon.

albertj
u can put in roscrea albert if u ave one vacant can u pm me details thanks

Shane,

Happy to put in Rosscrea as the local show - let me have your date so I can publicise it in the local papers round Birr.

Email me on irishgamefair@btinternet.com

ermm... correct me if im wrong but how can it be "5 nations" when the racing is only in Ireland......?? :wacko:

Or am I missing the point? Im confused? :blink:

surely 5 nations would be a qualifier in each nation then 1 grand final? :unsure:

sorry just re-read " Please contact me on irishgamefair@btinternet.com if you would like your show (from anywhere in the UK or Ireland to be a qualifie). We already have five qualifiers in place so first come first served."

Lets hope some English shows step up to the offer!

Last edited by a moderator:
ermm... correct me if im wrong but how can it be "5 nations" when the racing is only in Ireland......?? :wacko:

surely 5 nations would be a qualifier in each nation then 1 grand final? :unsure:

sorry just re-read " Please contact me on irishgamefair@btinternet.com if you would like your show (from anywhere in the UK or Ireland to be a qualifie). We already have five qualifiers in place so first come first served."

We have two qualifiers ( North and South of England ) ; one in Scotland and one in Wales already confirmed and are negotiating for others.

Both competitions will be Five Nations!

We have two qualifiers ( North and South of England ) ; one in Scotland and one in Wales already confirmed and are negotiating for others.

Both competitions will be Five Nations!
oh great - which shows?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back