The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New 'member'

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I also just wanted to say another huge thanks to everyone for your continued help and support. I definitely feel like I’m on the right track, although don’t want to get too carried away

Great news. Remember though, like someone else said, she is still very young and whenever you think you have had the last accident, there is always another one waiting to happen!

Great news. Remember though, like someone else said, she is still very young and whenever you think you have had the last accident, there is always another one waiting to happen!

Thats what I’m fully expecting for tonight! On the plus side, she is noticeably more settled this morning.

This is great, and your efforts are really paying off.

For those howling-down-with-rain times - if the umbrella is enough, that's fine, but an old garden table with a weighted-down cover for the sides and back (a tarp with a few bricks will do) or similar shelter will help enormously. It isn't for ever, and if the neighbours don't like the look, they'll get over it.

This is great, and your efforts are really paying off.

For those howling-down-with-rain times - if the umbrella is enough, that's fine, but an old garden table with a weighted-down cover for the sides and back (a tarp with a few bricks will do) or similar shelter will help enormously. It isn't for ever, and if the neighbours don't like the look, they'll get over it.

that’s a great idea. I’ll perhaps get out there today and create a bit of a “den”. I can’t imagine it will be an issue for the neighbours as it only needs be small

I forgot to mention too... my copy of easy peasy puppy squeezy turned up yesterday. :D

Afternoon everyone,

Quick update here on last night!

Very similar to the night before, Skye wen't out prior to "bed time" and did a wee and poo! she wen't down at around 9:50pm, and I set an alarm for 12:50am, I got up, she was fine... no mess.. and she went out to do a week and settled back off to sleep at 1:15am. I then set a secondary alarm at 4:25am but, when I got up she was fast asleep... I decided to leave her and set another alarm for 5:00am, unfortunately.. around 5 minutes after I'd checked on her at 4:25, she began to cry, I quickly ran in to her and she had already done a poo! :( I cleaned her up, and let her go out.. she did nothing... but then she settled back off at around 4:45am. I then got up at 6:45, and she woke up as I walked into the kitchen, mess free.. I let her out for a wee, and she has been fine since!

She's doing well.. but I am slightly kicking myself for not getting her up and taking her for a toilet break at 4:25. I figured that if she was asleep I should leave her rather than wake her but it's possible that I had disturbed her and not noticed, then as she was up, she wanted a toilet break... lesson learnt!

It worth noting that today she's "asked" to go out for the toilet on four occasions. She's done this by going to the back door and pressing her nose against the glass.

She's also doing really well with some more commands, she's currently doing the following approx 9/10 times of asking with or without a treat;
- sit
- come
- stay
- bed (returns to crate)
- bring (she brings her toys back to me but won't always let go!)

Well done Skype (and afcajax73 of course)!

I cleaned her up, and let her go out.. she did nothing

She wouldn't be able to, having already toileted - but like you said, it's a learning point.

bring (she brings her toys back to me but won't always let go!)

Try having something to swap with, either another toy or a piece of food :)

Haha... I’ll add some a little later when I’m on my pc rather than phone, so I can resize them

Afternoon all!

Quick update and... yes.. finally.. some photos..

Last night went well, I stuck to the same routine and set my alarm for 2am, got up.. let her out, no issues. then set another alarm for 5am, same story, got up, out for toilet and back to sleep until I woke up for work at 7am!

This was in the car on the day of collection;

IMG_5395.JPG

Then exploring when we got home

IMG_5411.JPG

This one was about a week later
FD2A7748-E0B3-4440-B5BF-68D2B2AD3DA2.JPG

This was around the 10 day mark;
skye.JPG

and finally.. the next three are last night and today;
IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5672.jpg

IMG_5668.JPG

By the way, I like your box in the car foot well. What kind is that please?

By the way, I like your box in the car foot well. What kind is that please?

it came with an order I had from the Disney store. I’m fairly confident that’s their standard boxes as I had two deliveries, both with that excellent interior design

Like I need an excuse to buy Disney merchandise! Mr F says you are going to cost him an awful lot of money if this continues, and he hopes you know what you have started!

Like I need an excuse to buy Disney merchandise! Mr F says you are going to cost him an awful lot of money if this continues, and he hopes you know what you have started!
Haha don’t blame me! I feel his pain!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back