The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Puppies

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I would be interested to know where the red does come from, being interested in colour in whippets, iggies and greyhounds. I know you can get greys in that colour, but it is rare in whippets.
We have loads of red in racing whippets :wacko: not rare at all! Also, these are Iggies!
June, I think if you read again Bertha said she was interested in all the different breeds. This is the second post in the last few days that appears to be having a go at Bertha. Is there some agenda going on here because if there is why dont you sort it out with her via the PMs

Anyway back on topic

Is it actually a real deep red though June, have you any pictures? I know in the Show greyhounds there is that true red but cant say I have seen it in whippets much except on brindles.

Liza Jane why dont you post a picture of Olympia as she is a real true red or put a link if you have one on the forum already
Bertha said it was rare in whippets - I was just pointing out that there are loads of red fawn whippets around!

Jenny I have one batter than that. The budgie crapped on a signed statement I had taken :b Explain that one

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

I would like to see Olympia if possible. Having been involved in breeding blues, the rarer colours interest me. The dark red you get in iggies doesn't seem to occur in whippets, also the sable colour in iggies is referred to in whipps as a bad black. Another thing, blues in iggies are far more common in iggies than whippets.

red fawns ;) rare :blink: ask Angie (savernake) shes has loads! in fact 2 years ago she had a litter of 5....all red fawn :wub:

also our peppermint perfection is red fawn ;)

red fawns ;) rare :blink: ask Angie (savernake) shes has loads! in fact 2 years ago she had a litter of 5....all red fawn :wub: also our peppermint perfection is red fawn ;)
I know there are red fawns, I am talking about the really deep red you get in iggies. When you read the colours the kc allow people to register their whippets as, grey for blue, brown for fawn. Some don't even mention the white trim on fawns or black etc.

I do wonder if you understand what I am talking about.

red fawns ;) rare :blink: ask Angie (savernake) shes has loads! in fact 2 years ago she had a litter of 5....all red fawn :wub: also our peppermint perfection is red fawn ;)
I know there are red fawns, I am talking about the really deep red you get in iggies. When you read the colours the kc allow people to register their whippets as, grey for blue, brown for fawn. Some don't even mention the white trim on fawns or black etc.

Read the last sentence of your previous post to this, and maybe you will see why we are all confused!

Read the last sentence of your previous post to this, and maybe you will see why we are all confused!
I can't be bothered, you all seem determined to come back with rubbish, how confusing is it? All I asked was where the really dark red comes from. Duh.

I would be interested to know where the red does come from, being interested in colour in whippets, iggies and greyhounds. I know you can get greys in that colour, but it is rare in whippets.
Well mines red and she's a 50/50 so it's in whippets or iggies somewhere seen one iggie on youtube thats red pure igg too so maybe it comes from iggs. Cute puppies eh donna shall we steal them togther? hee hee :D can't wait to see you this weekend. how's mumy doing? xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back