The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Server

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Nigel, May 25, 2004.

1. Nigel

Nigel New Member Registered

Hi everyone :p

Sorry about the lack of K9 over the last week but hopefully everything is back now pretty much as it was.

I think I should explain what the problems have been...

K9 has been hosted with a company by the name of Klooki for the past couple of years & on the whole they have provided good service. I had what is called a reseller account with them and hosted a few different web sites for a few of my customers in addition to K9 Community. Just over a week ago I asked them to add another site to my account - a day later an email came back 'Just to let you know before the official press release - we are pulling out of hosting. We are offering a few of our valued customers :D an option to move to a Windows server but will be offering no new accounts'. I emailed them back saying that I probably wouldn't want to move to a Windows server but could they let me know further details about costs etc. I heard nothing back - at which point alarm bells started to ring. Then without any further communication from them at all they just turned all their servers off :blink:

I suppose I was better off than many who heard nothing from them at all and lost all their data - at least I had one fairly recent backup.

Anyway, I've now rented a whole virtual server - so I have a lot more control over everything (although not the mains switch :angry: ).

I haven't re-loaded all the uploaded pictures for the last 3 years because it was getting a little out of hand but I have re-loaded everything from the last couple of months. If you have an Avatar missing or a picture you particularly wanted let me know the details & I'll load it again from backups here.

Please let me know if you see anything that doesn't work properly :teehee: . The down side of me having full control over everthing is there is a lot more opportunity for me to get things wrong (and have no one to help me sort it out) - that's why the Chat server isn't working at the moment... :wacko: . I'll continue to try & sort the problem out but I thought it would be better to get K9 back than worry about that for the moment.

2. Vicky

Vicky Maid Your Point Registered

Yayyyyyy :D

3. dawn

dawn New Member Registered

[SIZE=14pt]Nigel you A R E wonderful ! [/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have been lost for the last few days with nothing to read :D

Dawn

4. fallenangel

fallenangel New Member Registered

I have better thinks to do than house work again like coming on here. I think my family were getting worred i might be becoming house proud :D . thanks Nigel :cheers: .

wendy

5. Rae

Rae New Member Registered

Well that all sounded very complicated and clever Nigel, I bet it has been a nightmare for you to get up and running again. [SIZE=21pt]Thank you [/SIZE]for getting us all back on-line - you are worth your weight in chocolate :)

6. Vicky

Vicky Maid Your Point Registered

Nahhhh he's good but not that good!! :D Gawwwd next you'll be telling me he's better than booze!!!!

No seriously the man's a bloody genius :b

7. malin

malin New Member Registered

I heard about Klooki... terrible way to do business. Hope you have your paying customers up and running. Thank you Nigel for k9 - it is great and has been sorely missed :)

8. whippetmad

whippetmad New Member Registered

really miss k9 well done nigel :thumbsup:

9. alfyn

alfyn Ban puppy farmers Registered

[SIZE=21pt]CHEERS NIGEL[/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: So glad we're back,It's been a very long week!!! Ive really missed K9 :(

10. whippetmad

:oops: miss k9

11. whippetmad

:oops: again

12. whippetmad

[SIZE=14pt]miss you all[/SIZE]

13. JAX

JAX New Member Registered

[SIZE=14pt]Glad to be back [/SIZE]

But luckily Ive not had a computer since last Thursday so Ive not missed much have I ?, Now I have a NEW computer !!

Thanks NIGEL :wub:

14. BeeJay

BeeJay New Member Registered

All this techonological wizardry and he's a world record holder. It's truly amazing. :- "

15. ChrisBishop

ChrisBishop New Member Registered

I'm so glad it's back as it seems like Hannah's been on cold turkey since it's been off line... :wacko: ....Does Nigel perform all his computer heroics fully clothed or in his birthday suit ??....... :- " .. Hopefully the former !! ....Anyway well done to the both of you ( on your record ) but at your age you need to be more carefull what with catching chills etc.. :D .

16. dawn

dawn New Member Registered

From BBC News Website

Judy, does this mean we will be seing more of you in the future? (w00t)

[​IMG]

17. whipowill

whipowill New Member Registered

:cheers: Thanks Nigel!! :thumbsup: Well Done :D

18. Karen

Karen New Member Registered

Thanks Nigel. Glad you managed to piece us all back together!!

19. Nigel

Nigel New Member Registered

Problems with the chat server have been ironed out & so I think everything is back OK.

I would have got it sorted out a day or so earlier but as some of you have noticed :p we did have a busy weekend...

20. wallabyhouse

wallabyhouse New Member Registered

Nigel-you are a star :cheers:

Thanks for all the hard work-a real labour of love I am sure.

Missed everyone-SO glad to be back!