The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Server

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone :p

Sorry about the lack of K9 over the last week but hopefully everything is back now pretty much as it was.

I think I should explain what the problems have been...

K9 has been hosted with a company by the name of Klooki for the past couple of years & on the whole they have provided good service. I had what is called a reseller account with them and hosted a few different web sites for a few of my customers in addition to K9 Community. Just over a week ago I asked them to add another site to my account - a day later an email came back 'Just to let you know before the official press release - we are pulling out of hosting. We are offering a few of our valued customers :D an option to move to a Windows server but will be offering no new accounts'. I emailed them back saying that I probably wouldn't want to move to a Windows server but could they let me know further details about costs etc. I heard nothing back - at which point alarm bells started to ring. Then without any further communication from them at all they just turned all their servers off :blink:

I suppose I was better off than many who heard nothing from them at all and lost all their data - at least I had one fairly recent backup.

Anyway, I've now rented a whole virtual server - so I have a lot more control over everything (although not the mains switch :angry: ).

I haven't re-loaded all the uploaded pictures for the last 3 years because it was getting a little out of hand but I have re-loaded everything from the last couple of months. If you have an Avatar missing or a picture you particularly wanted let me know the details & I'll load it again from backups here.

Please let me know if you see anything that doesn't work properly :teehee: . The down side of me having full control over everthing is there is a lot more opportunity for me to get things wrong (and have no one to help me sort it out) - that's why the Chat server isn't working at the moment... :wacko: . I'll continue to try & sort the problem out but I thought it would be better to get K9 back than worry about that for the moment.

[SIZE=14pt]Nigel you A R E wonderful ! [/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have been lost for the last few days with nothing to read :D

Dawn

I have better thinks to do than house work again like coming on here. I think my family were getting worred i might be becoming house proud :D . thanks Nigel :cheers: .

wendy

Well that all sounded very complicated and clever Nigel, I bet it has been a nightmare for you to get up and running again. [SIZE=21pt]Thank you [/SIZE]for getting us all back on-line - you are worth your weight in chocolate :)

you are worth your weight in chocolate
Nahhhh he's good but not that good!! :D Gawwwd next you'll be telling me he's better than booze!!!!

No seriously the man's a bloody genius :b

I heard about Klooki... terrible way to do business. Hope you have your paying customers up and running. Thank you Nigel for k9 - it is great and has been sorely missed :)

[SIZE=21pt]CHEERS NIGEL[/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: So glad we're back,It's been a very long week!!! Ive really missed K9 :(

[SIZE=14pt]Glad to be back [/SIZE]

But luckily Ive not had a computer since last Thursday so Ive not missed much have I ?, Now I have a NEW computer !!

Thanks NIGEL :wub:

All this techonological wizardry and he's a world record holder. It's truly amazing. :- "

I'm so glad it's back as it seems like Hannah's been on cold turkey since it's been off line... :wacko: ....Does Nigel perform all his computer heroics fully clothed or in his birthday suit ??....... :- " .. Hopefully the former !! ....Anyway well done to the both of you ( on your record ) but at your age you need to be more carefull what with catching chills etc.. :D .

From BBC News Website

Nudity phobia
To applause from other volunteers, the first students set off along the 800-yard course, which includes 360-degree loops.

The oldest participants were Nigel, 47, and Judy Booker, 44, from Bath.

Judy said: "I have got two phobias - the fear of rollercoasters and taking my clothes off in public - so that gets two things in one go.

"They were all younger and thinner so I had to suck my stomach in."
Judy, does this mean we will be seing more of you in the future? (w00t)

100960.jpg

Thanks Nigel. Glad you managed to piece us all back together!!

Problems with the chat server have been ironed out & so I think everything is back OK.

I would have got it sorted out a day or so earlier but as some of you have noticed :p we did have a busy weekend...

Nigel-you are a star :cheers:

Thanks for all the hard work-a real labour of love I am sure.

Missed everyone-SO glad to be back!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back