The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hopefully this will work

First one is at 2 wks old and the next one is at 4 wks

Jo xx

Picture_017.jpg

Picture_083.jpg

wow she is gorgeous and a lovely name to :wub: :wub:

I live in Bracknell and have Italian Greyhounds. Where in Bracknell are you.?

Aw little Sophie :wub: :wub: pretty name fo a pretty girl...well done for posting pics...look forward to many many more :thumbsup:

[you say you have never seen one, but put down a deposit.

IGs are not the dog for everyone would advise you do to research before you commit.

A very good book - more like the IG bible is Lilian Barbers Italian Greyhound book.

quote=Cornish,Nov 7 2008, 11:41 AM]

jochapman said:
Hopefully this will work

Jo xx

aw isn't she a cracker...

Welcome to K9

me! said:

IGs are not the dog for everyone would advise you do to research before you commit.

A very good book - more like the IG bible is Lilian Barbers Italian Greyhound book.

jochapman said:
Hopefully this will work

Jo xx

Welcome to K9

Many thanks for the book recommendation but I haven't been able to find that particular book but have purchased some others on the breed. We have spent the last 18 months researching this breed and reading everything about them and we realize that this breed is not for everyone. I have gown up with dogs all my life and we currently have an elderly ex-racing greyhound.

We spent a lovely day yesterday at the Italian Greyhound Club open show in birmingham and met some very knowledgeable breeders and owners who spent the time to answer all our questions and after meeting all the dogs there it has confirmed our feelings that the breed would indeed be one that we would wish to own.

The reason that we put the deposit on this particular pup is that despite emailing breeders about our wish to find a suitable dog for us, not one person replied to our request for help and information or even pointed us in the right direction in how to go about finding out more.

We have been in constant contact with the breeder ( this is the first litter that they have bred) who has been more than happy to answer any of our questions and we feel that the pup would be a great addition to our family.

Jo xx

if you do want to get the book you will find it amazon.com.

good luck with your puppy, the whippet forum is also very good for asking IG questions

i know how it feels to be waiting to bring your baby home i recently got my first ig and i love him dearly.

all the best

jochapman said:
me! said:

jochapman said:
Hopefully this will work

Jo xx

Welcome to K9

Many thanks for the book recommendation but I haven't been able to find that particular book but have purchased some others on the breed. We have spent the last 18 months researching this breed and reading everything about them and we realize that this breed is not for everyone. I have gown up with dogs all my life and we currently have an elderly ex-racing greyhound.

We spent a lovely day yesterday at the Italian Greyhound Club open show in birmingham and met some very knowledgeable breeders and owners who spent the time to answer all our questions and after meeting all the dogs there it has confirmed our feelings that the breed would indeed be one that we would wish to own.

The reason that we put the deposit on this particular pup is that despite emailing breeders about our wish to find a suitable dog for us, not one person replied to our request for help and information or even pointed us in the right direction in how to go about finding out more.

We have been in constant contact with the breeder ( this is the first litter that they have bred) who has been more than happy to answer any of our questions and we feel that the pup would be a great addition to our family.

Jo xx

Spent a lovely day yesterday meeting our new puppy, she's so small and wiggly and I had a great time cuddly Mummy and Daddy and watching our little pup chasing her litter mates around.

Only an other 2 weeks until she can come home. Took lots of video of her and some new photo's

Jo xx

Sophie_6wks_web.jpg

she looks absolutely beautiful.

i look forward to seeing lots of gorgeous pics of her once you have her home :wub:

She is absolutely gorgeous. I've never had a pup having had 2 elderly IG rescues. I went to Discover Dogs to have a look at younger ones!

Sophie's coming home today,not sure if i'm ready for the sleepless nights.Can't wait for my puppy snuggles.

:luck: :luck: good luck with your journey . hope sophie brings you as much hapiness as our igs do us. :wub: :wub: :wub:

jochapman said:
Sophie's coming home today,not sure if i'm ready for the sleepless nights.Can't wait for my puppy snuggles.
No sleepless nights Jo - take her to bed with you :huggles: :D

She looks beautiful :wub:

June Jonigk said:
jochapman said:
No sleepless nights Jo - take her to bed with you :huggles: :D

She looks beautiful :wub:

Good luck :luck: bet you can't wait to get her home.

Got to agree with June - just take her upstairs with you - Billy sleeps in his snuggle sack beside our bed (well ...... most of the time when he hasn't sneaked into our bed :oops: ) - has done from day one and no crying :thumbsup:

me! said:
if you do want to get the book you will find it amazon.com.

good luck with your puppy, the whippet forum is also very good for asking IG questions

i know how it feels to be waiting to bring your baby home i recently got my first ig and i love him dearly.

all the best

jochapman said:
me! said:

jochapman said:
Hopefully this will work

Jo xx

Welcome to K9

Jo xx

Well done Jo you have obviously done your home work :thumbsup: Sounds like you now have little Sophie with you.All the best with her :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back