The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nimrodel Whippets

kirs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anybody know if Mary Lowe still breeds the occasional litter of Whippets?

Hi Kirsten

Yes Mary Lowe does still breed the occasional litter. Why are you interested in one?

Just reread the post and it could be misconstrued. :clown:

If you are interested in Mary's stock please email me and I will pass on her details. I spoke with Mary at a recent whippet club show about her book and the Champions book she collates every few years.

She had a sweet little Nimrodel puppy there with her that she has started to show - so the answer is Yes she does still breed whippets occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dawn,

I would love another of her Whippets but not at the minute. I love everything about Cloud. Looks, personality especially and I like to think that in the future I will be able to get another Nimrodel.

I did keep in touch with Mary for a long time. She is always there if you have a query etc and she used to sometimes say that she was getting too old to keep breeding litters so I was just wondering.

Does anyone who posts on here have a Nimrodel Whippet?

Hi there my stud dog has Nimrodel blood his grand father was Nimrodel Noir, you can see a picture of him on my website www.lynperry.co.uk , Thanks

Hi Paul,

Had a look on your website. Lovely dogs!

I have a daughter of Ch.Nimrodel Noir, also her grand-daughter and great grandson and great great grand daughter, (the ggrandson has 2 lines back to him)also several others who go back to Chs N. Ruff and Wiveton. As you may have guessed the Nimrodels are my great favourites, for their looks and for their racing and coursing abilities.

My Herbie (Jasbri The Love Bug) is a grandson of Nimrodel Hosanna who was Nimrodel Noir x Nimrodel Dream Queen.

All of my 8 whippets go back to Nimrodels Ruff, Wiverton & Wanderer. They are beautiful all round whippets. :thumbsup:

I sometimes walk with a lady who has 2 tiny whippets, and only yesterday did she mention they came from a lady who'd moved from Gloucs up north. 'Oh, do you mean Mary Lowe? Are they Nimrodels?" I didn't really need to ask, they were classic Nimrodel type. Apparently she's had Nimrodels as long as she can remember. This pair were 4yrs old, and barely 18". The golden fawn bitch had fur like a rex rabbit, really beautiful!

Ours has Nimrodel Wanderer a few generations back, though you wouldn't know it by looking at him!

Elizabeth

When I was looking for a Whippet I really wanted a blue one and I rang Mary to see if she knew of any and she happenend to mention that she had a blue fawn boy puppy that needed a pet home. I went to see him and fell in love. She wasn't very happy with his colour and said in all her years in Whippets she had never seen one his colour and that he wouldn't do very well in the show ring. Anyway as I only wanted a pet I brought Cloud home and what a little b****r he was!

I have never seen a Whippet his colour either. I think it might be described as dilute blue or something. Certainly when I have taken him to country shows, just to have a look around, Whippet people have commented on his colour.

He is very tall also. I don't think he would get anywhere in the show ring. He doesn't look like other show Whippets. He has a really long neck and I think small eyes.

But in my eyes he is perfect.

Mad on hunting but hardly ever brings anything back.

When he was a puppy I had problems with seperation anxiety and as we were in a semi the neighbours complained. I spoke to Mary about it and she offered to take him back and give me a little fawn boy puppy from the same litter instead but no way, he was staying with us. We moved to a detached house and I am so glad we stuck it out. He is so loyal. He has ripped all our dining room carpet up when we left him but now, as long as he has the run of the house when alone, he is fine. And he is much happier having Finbar around.

I have a Nimrodel Whippet. She is absolutely beautiful, fawn with a dark mask.

Out of Nimrodel Medoc and Nimrodel Honour Bright.

She is 4 now but looks 18mths! Very, very pretty little Whippet.

I feel guilty for not showing her as she is stunning but she has a busy schedule and not much time for a show career! ;)

Zephyr's maternal grandsire was Ch Nimrodel Wild and Free who you can see here (pic copied from Whippet Archives).

Nimrodel_wild_and_free.jpg

kirs said:
When I was looking for a Whippet I really wanted a blue one and I rang Mary to see if she knew of any and she happenend to mention that she had a blue fawn boy puppy that needed a pet home. I went to see him and fell in love. She wasn't very happy with his colour and said in all her years in Whippets she had never seen one his colour and that he wouldn't do very well in the show ring. Anyway as I only wanted a pet I brought Cloud home and what a little b****r he was!

I'm sorry .......... doesn't our breed standard say

"Any colour or mixture of colours"

I feel very saddened that a stalwart of the breed should be making a statement like the above.

I thought blue-fawns were a pretty common colour in the rings in the UK anyhow?

Have you got a pic of Cloud you can post? I know I've seen him before but I just can't remember distinctly. I can't remember anything unusual about his colour though?

dessie said:
kirs said:

I feel very saddened that a stalwart of the breed should be making a statement like the above.

Thank you! I have had so many people comment on my whippets because i show a solid black,a white and black party coloured and a brindle clown face whippet. everyone says they are mismarked :rant: , there is NO such thing in whippets! Our standard says "ANY COLOUR OR MIXTURE OF COLOURS!" :rant: people look at me like i'm crazy when i repete that to them. sadly enough its actually been judges who have told me my dogs are mismarks! this is terrible! :(

BlackMoon Magic said:
dessie said:
kirs said:

Thank you! I have had so many people comment on my whippets because i show a solid black,a white and black party coloured and a brindle clown face whippet. everyone says they are mismarked :rant: , there is NO such thing in whippets! Our standard says "ANY COLOUR OR MIXTURE OF COLOURS!" :rant: people look at me like i'm crazy when i repete that to them. sadly enough its actually been judges who have told me my dogs are mismarks! this is terrible! :(

Couldn't agree more! :thumbsup: Then they try and make us believe that showing is a level playing field and the best dog will always win ......... hmmmm.

But good for you for persisting with the colours you love.

Couldn't agree more! :thumbsup: Then they try and make us believe that showing is a level playing field and the best dog will always win ......... hmmmm.

But good for you for persisting with the colours you love.

(w00t) HEAR HEAR !! Well said Caroline :thumbsup:

My whippet's sire is Nimrodel Word of Honour. We don't show or anything, he is purely a pet. As regards size he is quite big 23" to shoulder and 16kg. Might not be perfect in anyone else's eyes but he is to me. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back