The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf And Fines...

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I met up with the SEWRC today, and was told I wouldn't be able to re-join the the NNWRF unless I paid a £20 fine for late return of a trophy. This was passed onto me via a club member from a Fed commitee member.

Well, I'll make my case known in a public domain.

In 2004, my dog Red Reign had an outstanding time and won Ch of Ch at the Highgate...it was brilliant.

In September 2005 I 'died' not my words, the words of my doctor, and if I hadn't awoken my 8 month pregnant wife at 3AM to get to the hospital, yep I would be no longer. I ended up in intestive care for over a week, and was advised I'd be in hospital for 8 weeks. With a lot of help Barts hospital allowed me go home, and have the district nurses in twice a day, while we waited for the birth of our child.

Two days after coming out of hospital I dragged a big heavy trophy down to the nearest engravers so that it could be returned for the 2005 champs. This I did and sent it up to Warwick with a another club member. However due to lure failures the trophy was not won, and came back to me. I didn't want it! And put it away.

In 2006 whilst recovering from illnesss, returning to work and living with new born baby, I was reminded I had to return the trophy again. I made a few calls, but I couldn't get it to anyone to be at the champs on time. Obviously this was disappointing for the winning owner, and I realise this myself.

But, to be told I'd have to pay a fine to rejoin, obviously means my presence is not welcome, as I know of at least one trophy that was returned late, and because they are 'in the crowd' no fine was imposed. Although I must admit it was offered.

To end, I tried my best to return the trophy, and had been genuinley ill, not some stupid work shy illness.

Kind Regards,

And A Happy New Year

Paul

I know just how you feel! In 2004 I had 2 heart attacks in one week :( and did die for 3 minutes (w00t) with the second one. I stayed in coronary care for 17 days,but a month later I still managed to travel to Scotland with a trophy I had to return :sweating:

Lifes a bitch innit Paul :D

It was good for awhile whippet racing, yep I did enjoy it....

goodbye

moan moan winge happy new year paul moan moan winge :(

mutley said:
moan moan winge happy new year paul moan moan winge  :(
mate, I made every effort to return that bloody trophy, and I did, sadly the thing came back to me, like i said, is it my fault there was a lure failure, and the trophy weren't won???

obviously, as you can guess, i ain't paying a £20 fine, so i ain't rejoing the Fed.

my point was the message i received 'tell paul he can't rejoin unless he pays the fine'.

so, i give the fed £20 for a fine (?) plus £20 membership to maybe race once??

yeah right....

maybe, we should concentrate, on racing rules, like 2,3 people loading one dog, people not being at the traps, taking dogs out of the traps 'cos their muzzle doesn't look right', the use of whistles trackside, the waving of rags over the ropes etc..etc...etc...

that's really where the fines should be directed....

RealMadYid said:
mutley said:
moan moan winge happy new year paul moan moan winge  :(
mate, I made every effort to return that bloody trophy, and I did, sadly the thing came back to me, like i said, is it my fault there was a lure failure, and the trophy weren't won???

obviously, as you can guess, i ain't paying a £20 fine, so i ain't rejoing the Fed.

my point was the message i received 'tell paul he can't rejoin unless he pays the fine'.

so, i give the fed £20 for a fine (?) plus £20 membership to maybe race once??

yeah right....

maybe, we should concentrate, on racing rules, like 2,3 people loading one dog, people not being at the traps, taking dogs out of the traps 'cos their muzzle doesn't look right', the use of whistles trackside, the waving of rags over the ropes etc..etc...etc...

that's really where the fines should be directed....

not arguing paul cant be arssed and itsa new year but your a goodn spouting rules you didnt include the 28 day rule :oops: all the best :)

Gary "pmsl", can understand that you are angry paul and maybe you should have been contacted directly rather than through another member, and you have had alot going on the past year so lets hope you 2007 is better for you mate.

just pay and let your dog enjoy his racing we can spend more in the pub for a round let this yr be moan free and good luck to all for 2007 :cheers:

No good keep going on about this---- 8) 8) ---easy answer is if trophy needs to be returned either dont take it home just give a fiver for it to have your dogs name added----- :oops: -----------or get it back on time ------ :oops:

as you would not like to win and have to wait for a trophy someone had never returned on time more so if they have had it two years! :D :D :D

you aint the first not to return a trophy on time it happens it happened to me and i felt really awfull for the poor sod who never got the trophy as i think it was thier first win ---and that does make a difference ---- :blink:

draw a line under this and get on with your racing if thats what you want to do---no need for a load of shit slinging on here is there???happy new year to all readers!!!! :- "

steve :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
not arguing paul cant be arssed and itsa new year but your a goodn spouting rules you didnt include the 28 day rule :oops: all the best :)

So, Gaz that's what it's really about... :- " Still, as we all know I wasn't technically wrong there, just a little niave...maybe...still rules are rules, even if for some they are enforced 100% and for others they aren't...

Laters,

Paul

you posties are on a fortune i was going to ask you to lend me a few bob :- "

paul the rules im sure apply to everyone dont see why you feel your badly done to if its returned whats the big deal :b and i cant see how you think the 28 day rule has anything to do with it :( enjoy the sport come on 2007 :thumbsup:

Well I would like 2 wish Paul a healthy 2007 so he can keep emptying his sack Monday 2 Saturdays

Thats his sack 4 his letters :oops:

tony warren said:
you posties are on a fortune  i was going to ask you to lend me a few bob :- "
Tone, you know full well a flat week for postie is bugger all :( didn't do so bad over christmas i must admit, still awaiting royal mail to pay it all, mind :- " only prob was i've been working on the estate up by the track, and i get bugger all in tips (£15 to be precise)....oh, and the royal mail gave us 50 1st class stamps...seems i ain't got 50 friends and family 'cos i still got some left after sending out all the xmas cards :(

mmmm

paul

RealMadYid said:
tony warren said:
you posties are on a fortune  i was going to ask you to lend me a few bob :- "
Tone, you know full well a flat week for postie is bugger all :( didn't do so bad over christmas i must admit, still awaiting royal mail to pay it all, mind :- " only prob was i've been working on the estate up by the track, and i get bugger all in tips (£15 to be precise)....oh, and the royal mail gave us 50 1st class stamps...seems i ain't got 50 friends and family 'cos i still got some left after sending out all the xmas cards :(

mmmm

paul

£15.00 - 22% to the taxman = £11.70 (w00t) its ok ill keep it quite ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back