The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Constitution

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
DENISE BAILEY said:
Some very positive feed back esp Karen .... had loads of phone calls most saying it a good idea to add " The committee consists of trust worthy persons anyone ever having had a ban cannot apply to hold a position on the committee. " to our rules, most people are agreeing its a good idea and hopefully this will stop any persons thats been untrustworthy in the past applying for any new positions on the committee.
Trust is a mental state, which cannot be measured directly. Confidence in the results of trusting may be measured through behavior and a persons past record

The new bank account has Internet banking set up for all the committee to view it when they require and printable statements on demand ...this may take a week or 2 to come through

A O S A :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wot i would like to know is wot period of time has this been going on sue

As a fed member I really cant remember ever having had a choice of who has been on the commitee in the past, either in the old or new Fed, as we are going to now have a clause which states a commitee to work alongside members does this now mean that the NWRF members are to have a say in who is on the committee?

tanglewood said:
As a fed member I really cant remember ever having had a choice of who has been on the commitee in the past, either in the old or new Fed, as we are going to now have a clause which states a commitee to work alongside members does this now mean that the NWRF members are to have a say in who is on the committee?
I was at the very first agm called , it took place at Asfordby and yes the members did vote the committee on.

val when tony and Yvonne try ed to fold the old fed the new fed committee was voted in by the members present at the meeting ,it has since grew from people wanting to help . the new fed is no longer a closed door as it used to be the committee listens to what members say but i tell you what if anyone thinks they can do it any better i will gladly stand down and just sit back and run my dogs, remember this if it was not for the nnwrf committee there would no longer be a nwrf history lost the lott :( going to set up tracks and all the other shity jobs that come with it all for what :( and yes before you ask i am pissed off theres a lot of short memories out there makes you think is it worth it :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Val you along with all fed members were invited to the meeting at ashfordby when the new committee were put in place (this meeting was well advertised on k9 and in the whippet news), when the old nwrf committee resigned and tried to close it...i can under stand the amount of miles you would have had to travel to be there, but i know you were present at the members meeting that we held as a new committee 4 months after taking our positions also held at ashfordby at the nnwrf champs...in which the members present were happy with the committee that was elected to stay in force until which time they wished to resign or had the positions taken away

But by all means if anyone of our members are unhappy with me on the committee and wishes to take my place they are quite well come too ( not that i wish to come off the nnwrf committee at present)

D Bailey

on the advice of my good freind paulein :thumbsup: im turning of now and going to bed no doubt certain persons will of put more crap on by tommorow

I agree Denise I was at the AGM at Ashfordby, when SOME OF THE PRESENT nwrf officials were decide upon HOWEVER not all of the present officials were Voted on at that time, my point was that there have been NEW committee members that the members have not VOTED on. I find it a bit off putting that when the committee is challenged about this in any way they have taken a defensive approach ie if anyone wants to do my job they are welcome to it.

No one is suggesting that their job isnt hard or that they arent doing the best to their ability the question was are the members to be involved in any voting regarding NEW FED COMMITTEE MEMBERS , after all it was the NEW NWRF that has brought up topic of constitution and as a Fed member I feel I have the right to ask this question.

However if you would prefer I keep my comments to myself and discuss them at race track as others do I can easily do this I just thought to hear it from horses mouth so to speak was the best policy.

Sorry if this has caused offence and has made Gary (taken advice to go to bed) seem that in some way this was a critisism .

Val

mutley said:
this constitution should be held up by all committees to stop the likes of you ever getting back into a position of any kind on any committee theres no excuse for what has been done either by our x treasurer or yourselves i wondered how long it would be before you opened your hypocritical gobs :rant: can a mod please delete there post

and what have i done then ???? and why should my post be deleted because you don't like it, nice to see your already upholding your constitution

The aims of the Association shall be to promote greater friendship and understanding between the Whippet racing members ; WHAT LOL :wacko:

I don't think anyone as of yet should take comments made as criticism, it's educational to me as a newcomer in that I can see how commitees are formed, how they operate and we're all being informed of positive actions that are being taken for the future.

Dee & Gary, (and the rest of the commitee) I think everyone is appreciative of your work, especially in the management of matters recently. You've been open and put your ideas to many of your members by posting on here, enabling us to provide feedback and hopefully benefitting both the NNWRF and it's members in the future.

At the end of the day, all comments should be taken in a positive manner.

didn't mean to bite val its just been a difficult few weeks or should i say years :) everyone is entitled to comment especially if they are a member :) the last few weeks have been a bit of a nightmare and Dee and Linda have put everything including work on the back boiler to try and get things sorted :thumbsup:

hellbound said:
mutley said:
this constitution should be held up by all committees to stop the likes of you ever getting back into a position of any kind on any committee theres no excuse for what has been done either by our x treasurer or yourselves i wondered how long it would be before you opened your hypocritical gobs :rant: can a mod please delete there post

and what have i done then ???? and why should my post be deleted because you don't like it, nice to see your already upholding your constitution

The aims of the Association shall be to promote greater friendship and understanding between the Whippet racing members ; WHAT LOL :wacko:

you are not a member and nothing you say creates anything but trouble :( anyone who compares what you did and what has happened lately ,all i can say is two wrongs dont make a right say what you want from now on as your a nonentity that has done nothing but nearly and i mean nearly brought this sport t its knees but thanks to a lot of decent folk in this sport will not allow this to happen again your very sad goodbye :)

rodders said:
Hope this helps,looked it up on the net,(not out of a book :- " )As the biggest concern of everybody has been the loss financially to the members including the commitee.Then IMO we need to make as many safe guards as possible in the constitution to ensure nothing like this can ever happen again.Whatever size of organisation is involved(In this case the NNWRF),it is reasonable to expect the management commitee will

1. Ensure that assets(property,money,etc)are applied towards the organisations purpose and aims.

2.Operate in an accountable and transparent manner

3.Provide financial information on an accurate,regular and timely basis.

4.To maintain effective good working practices as a whole and between commitee members.

You could even go as far as to list the responsibilities of each individual commitee member.Should you so wish,but for me the most important thing would be to MAKE sure that the treasurer (whoever takes on the post)is not allowed sole responsibilty for the money.By that I mean yes the treasurer would be responsible for up to date accounts,and providing regular financial reports(yearly is regular)to the commitee and members.However with reguard to any cash collected,for example at opens,then all money should be counted in the pressence of another commitee member,and a reciept book signed by both individuals.No cash payments made out where possible,but if cash needs to be paid out then again 2 signatures on a reciept book.This practise protects the treasurer and the members.and finally,then i'll shut up  :lol: Pay for a second set of bank statements to be forwarded to another commitee member so that there is less chance of it being a long period of time before mistakes are found.

Who'ld want the responsibility of being on a commitee :wacko:   :lol:   :D Karen

Wow Karen, looks like you spent all yesterday surfing!

Some good points there :thumbsup:

But a word of warning, when surfing make sure you keep your balance or you could be heading for a fall. And watch out for the sharks or you may get bitten (w00t)

cliff hanger A O S A ;)

Before I start this post I'd like to point out I think that the current NNWRF committee are doing a first rate job on the whole to the extent that it's probably the premier non ped racing body at this time and far cry from theold NWRF before it's collapse.

AFAIK the NWRF/NNWRF has always been a non democratic committe run organisation unlike the BWRA which is supposedly a democratic organisation run by it's members through proposals, voting and AGM/EGMs.

There is nothing wrong with committee run organisations where the committee consists of people who run the organisations for the benefit of the sport rather than themselves and the IRG and NNWRF are good examples of this. I think most of us can remember what happens when such organisations are run for the benefit of the committee members instead of the sport.

Democratic organisations are not always run purely for the benefit of it's members. Sometimes those on the top table seem more interested in promoting their own agenda than working for the organisations members. Whilst the majority of BWRA committee members are clearly working for members at their own expense and doing the jobs they were elected to do my opinion is that not everyone is or has been of the same frame of mind. Unfortunatly those with an interest in self promotion are often more likely to find their way onto such committees rather than those prepared to do the job asked of them.

My view is that the NNWRF top table, ie chairman, secretary, treasurer, registrar etc should be elected or appointed for "life" ( or until they resign or perhaps voted off by the rest of the committee) plus a working committee of say 12 members that are elected subject to being able to fullfill certain criteria ( eg being a member for over 5yrs, good character etc). The working committee would help run the events and have a vote at committee meetings. In this way no one could dominate the organisation and only those interested in promoting the sport would get a vote on how the organisation is run.

We could do an awful lot worse than keep the current top table as it stands and keep all those currently co opted onto the working committee and perhaps increase the current working committtee to 12 by election.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on Tony :thumbsup: all for a few more workers, many hands make light work :sweating: :thumbsup:

sounds ok to me ,

cant see many ppl who have been banned applying tho (IMHO)

but ya never know (lol) :p

DENISE BAILEY said:
Val you along with all fed members were invited to the meeting at ashfordby when the new committee were put in place (this meeting was well advertised on k9 and in the whippet news), when the old nwrf committee resigned and tried to close it...i can under stand the amount of miles you would have had to travel to be there, but i know you were present at the members meeting that we held as a new committee 4 months after taking our positions also held at ashfordby at the nnwrf champs...in which the members present were happy with the committee that was elected to stay in force until which time they wished to resign or had the positions taken away
But by all means if anyone of our members are unhappy with me on the committee and wishes to take my place they are quite well come too ( not that i wish to come off the nnwrf committee at present)

D Bailey

Stay put, if you was not doing your job right I would be the first to open my little mouth (w00t)

milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:

D Bailey

Stay put, if you was not doing your job right I would be the first to open my little mouth (w00t)

little mouth .........lol :oops:

i think people shud remember the comittee do the job voluntarily they dont get paid for it they do it off their own backs. i for one wudnt like to do it its bad enuf running a small club. keep up the good work. hope things get sorted and calm down soon. good luck :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back