The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nnwrf Open

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WELL SAID JADE GREAT PHOTO SEE WERE MY DOG GOT HERSELF IN TROUBLE ON FEW OF THEM THANKS. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jade scott said:
Yeah they are all great tracks as is Portsmouth, but they take a good 4 hours for most of our southern racers to get to, would be nice to have a well attended open in the south for a change, as we support the ones up north!
spot on pics as good as daddys :- " :- " :- "

jasper. said:
y to hear you had a bad turn out, but this had to be xpected running the event at one end of the country,,..perhaps something more mid country would be much better attended, westhoughton...highgate, and askern  are all  good tracks...
Jasper is right in what he says. Harlow will probably be just the same next week.

These opens are too far south,midway would be more convenient for the majority of racers. As for people travelling up north, i dont think that is a true statement.

johnnoble said:
jasper. said:
y to hear you had a bad turn out, but this had to be xpected running the event at one end of the country,,..perhaps something more mid country would be much better attended, westhoughton...highgate, and askern  are all  good tracks...
Jasper is right in what he says. Harlow will probably be just the same next week.

These opens are too far south,midway would be more convenient for the majority of racers. As for people travelling up north, i dont think that is a true statement.

well there will be 2 more dogs at harlow, because i am supporting it..and 4hrs 15miniutes drive for me.... but what i said is right.

jasper. said:
johnnoble said:
jasper. said:

well there will be 2 more dogs at harlow, because i am supporting it..and 4hrs 15miniutes drive for me.... but what i said is right.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING US. WE NEED HOPEFULLY MORE LIKE YOU :thumbsup:

Well Done everybody :thumbsup: Would have loved to have gone but work commitments come first :( and George wont let me drive that far on my own,bless him. :wub: Think the southern racers do alot more miles than the rest of us,and make every effort to attend race meetings up country :thumbsup: Also believe they should continue to have the opportunity to have an open on down south :thumbsup:

Just about sums it up! Don't need to say anymore. Other than look at how many events there are in the South compared to how many members, the South provides loads of good racers and dogs, they deserve at least ONE NNWRF event in the South, 'bout time you all stopped whinging...biggest reason some don't go anymore, including myself...

Just look in your programs and see where THE BIG EVENTS are! Not in the South are they?

There really is some brainless comment on here sometimes...

Well done Portsmouth and the organisers...

Paul

Waiting for the brickbats!

rodders said:
Also believe they should continue to have the opportunity to have an open on down south :thumbsup:
I agree with what you say but they cant expect good good turnouts taking into account the price of diesel etc. [travel is far too expensive]

And as for RealMadrid it is not a brainless comment but common sense, something i think you dont have much of. Doesnt take you long to spit you dummy out.

johnnoble said:
rodders said:
Also believe they should continue to have the opportunity to have an open on down south :thumbsup:
I agree with what you say but they cant expect good good turnouts taking into account the price of diesel etc. [travel is far too expensive]

And as for RealMadrid it is not a brainless comment but common sense, something i think you dont have much of. Doesnt take you long to spit you dummy out.

agree with what you say john the price of price is a big issue now . :oops: :- "

scotland had a poor turnout :(

dawdan 55 dogs :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with John Noble,

just a few things that put us off traveling,after running two dogs injury free thoughout the whole of 2007 we came home with the same two dogs injured one of these needed treatment for 15 weeks,regardless having a dog currently sitting on 4 weight class wins Portsmouth could have been seen to be an easy option however i feel for sup nch to be of merit to myself and for the dog to earn it he should try to beat the best dogs/ biggest attendance.it was obvious to me given previous attendances this open would be no different.

:oops: for got to say well done tommy and maizee and the other winners :cheers:

m warren said:
I agree with John Noble, just a few things that put us off traveling,after running two dogs injury free thoughout the whole of 2007 we came home with the same two dogs injured one of these needed treatment for 15 weeks,regardless having a dog currently sitting on 4 weight class wins Portsmouth could have been seen to be an easy option however i feel for sup nch to be of merit to myself and for the dog to earn it he should try to beat the best dogs/ biggest attendance.it was obvious to me given previous attendances this open would be no different.

racing against maizee mu never a easy option on bends or racing bitchs up to 25lb bitch racing dogs is easys option you only after look at the attendance at the championships or most opens i have attend this year there is not the quality in the dog section but they only can race against what turns up i disagree every region should have there chance to have a open not be run all up north. :thumbsup:

dart said:
m warren said:
I agree with John Noble, just a few things that put us off traveling,after running two dogs injury free thoughout the whole of 2007 we came home with the same two dogs injured one of these needed treatment for 15 weeks,regardless having a dog currently sitting on 4 weight class wins Portsmouth could have been seen to be an easy option however i feel for sup nch to be of merit to myself and for the dog to earn it he should try to beat the best dogs/ biggest attendance.it was obvious to me given previous attendances this open would be no different.

racing against maizee mu never a easy option on bends or racing bitchs up to 25lb bitch racing dogs is easys option you only after look at the attendance at the championships or most opens i have attend this year there is not the quality in the dog section but they only can race against what turns up i disagree every region should have there chance to have a open not be run all up north. :thumbsup:

Every region should be given a chance i agree, but i find it offensive after travelling the length and breadth of the country to support opens, that when a Golden Jacket is held in Portsmouth people feel the need to have a dig at people for not attending - was it really that much of a shock?. Had this been any other open i could have quite happily sat back and said nothing, as Mark quite often does but for me a Golden Jacket and ultimately Sup Nch has always been of worth, we have chosen to compete for this title at a track where the attendance will be at its highest. We might have to agree to disagree on this one Lyndon but i've taken on board your comments :thumbsup:

I understand people not attending out of preference or dislike of a track as everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I just feel that like Vicky has said golden jackets and classic events used to be worth running for, i feel like they are loosing their prestige, this is no reflection on the dogs that was winning them, as Lyndon rightly said you can only run with what has entered, but if there were less opens maybe people would be willing to travel if it was only once a month? Then the people from the south, north and scotland would all travel and support which ever regions were holding that months open.

p.s Vicky was not having a dig at you, as think you have gone through enough miles, petrol and tyres to be let off lol

Vicky said:
dart said:
m warren said:

Every region should be given a chance i agree, but i find it offensive after travelling the length and breadth of the country to support opens, that when a Golden Jacket is held in Portsmouth people feel the need to have a dig at people for not attending - was it really that much of a shock?. Had this been any other open i could have quite happily sat back and said nothing, as Mark quite often does but for me a Golden Jacket and ultimately Sup Nch has always been of worth, we have chosen to compete for this title at a track where the attendance will be at its highest. We might have to agree to disagree on this one Lyndon but i've taken on board your comments :thumbsup:

maybe to make it count for sup nch there has to be a set number of dogs in the class then it would put more credit to the title which is all new to me because when we won the sup nch we won on the day of the championship best dog on the day but i can understand you point dogs winner it with solo but this as happen at the championship but the dog get the same title on paper it may be time to review there as got to have set amount of dogs in a class to win a title or all in and give the dogs sex allowance it would make for good racing :thumbsup:

jade scott said:
I understand people not attending out of preference or dislike of a track as everybody is entitled to their opinion.
I just feel that like Vicky has said golden jackets and classic events used to be worth running for, i feel like they are loosing their prestige, this is no reflection on the dogs that was winning them, as Lyndon rightly said you can only run with what has entered, but if there were less opens maybe people would be willing to travel if it was only once a month? Then the people from the south, north and scotland would all travel and support which ever regions were holding that months open.

p.s Vicky was not having a dig at you, as think you have gone through enough miles, petrol and tyres to be let off lol

feel the need to answer this one. even if there was one open a month and my dog was an absolute flying machine theres no way id travel 6 to 7 hours there and the same back in one day which is wot is wot it wud take us from the north east newcastle. so personally i dont think it wud matter how many opens r held per month etc some people just dont want to travel that far in a day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup: carol,we havent had dogs to run in the past but traveled a long way just to support opens,and theres people moaning on here who i havent seen at opens unless they on there doorstep,just over the last few month it was scotland then warwick,then from there up to oldhall,then home then the next week blidworth,then oldhall again,and will have missed a couple out,bloody exspensive game with the price of fuel,not counting the endless hours of driveing,god am pleased we dont run the bends,anyway we have 1or 2 up notrth in the next few weeks,see who shows up for them eh :- " but thats one thing iam sure we will have the loyal diehards,turning up to race there dogs :thumbsup:

well done all the winners :cheers: and well done darlo on another win she will improve every wek now. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back