The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

No Limit Dogs

GreyhoundLass

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi All new ere

I used to race 8/10 years ago Packed in & now race Greyhounds. I have always had a whippet around me at the moment I have a No Limit dog.

I bred Miss Ellie, Hello Dolly & Molly Stag. I am after another no limit dog (the bigger the better) as I like to race them with the Greyhounds too & a smaller whippet too. I would like a dog bred on the Miss Ellie lines are there any about??

Also at the championships are there any limits on the no limits weight & what size are the traps? Oh & what day are they run & has anyone got directions I am told there nr Melton Mowbrey

Sorry for all the questions

Regards

Hiya, nice talking to you last night. Hope you get sorted and hope to see you at the Champs :cheers:

Gary Farmer who sometimes posts on here has Miss Ellie/Molly Stag offspring

GreyhoundLass said:
Hi All new ere  I used to race 8/10 years ago Packed in & now race Greyhounds. I have always had a whippet around me at the moment I have a No Limit dog.

I bred Miss Ellie, Hello Dolly & Molly Stag. I am after another no limit dog (the bigger the better) as I like to race them with the Greyhounds too & a smaller whippet too. I would like a dog bred on the Miss Ellie lines are there any about??

Also at the championships are there any limits on the no limits weight & what size are the traps? Oh & what day are they run & has anyone got directions I am told there nr Melton Mowbrey

Regards

what was the racing names of your dogs( whippets )

Hey, you say you bred Miss Eliie? wel i have a 22 mth old bitch out of Miss ellie x Martys star (gyh), alot of miss ellie's pups are based in N.Ireland, as Miss Ellie herself is in N.Ireland, her owner is also a member of k9community he has 2 pups from the same litter as my pup! dont think any of these are for sale though, but he was talking about breeding her again in her next season! his k9 name is 'Fra' if you want to pm him! :thumbsup: hope ive been helpful! :) :thumbsup:

Never was into it big but their names were Ruff n Ready, Final Countdown, Miss Raith Rover, China Doll, Soulman, a pup out of Heatherbelle Oh & changing the subject a little does anyone have Bob Hunts Phone number

GreyhoundLass said:
Never was into it big but their names were Ruff n Ready, Final Countdown, Miss Raith Rover, China Doll, Soulman, a pup out of Heatherbelle Oh & changing the subject a little does anyone have Bob Hunts Phone number
Was Ruff n Ready originally Tony Dempseys?

that name rings a bell Im sure she was I think he was from up north wasnt he? I know she was named after a sack of dog food!!

hi greyhoundlass the no limits r on saturday of the champs. the place is asfordby which is very near melton mowbray. not sure where u r from so cant give u directions. :blink: there is no limit on the no limits but u wud stuggle to get one bigger than about 52lb in the traps as they r whippet traps that r used. i used to race mickey whizz ( retired now) and he weighed 50lb and he just fitted in. i now race whisper whizz 48lb and he fits in fine. :D

Miss Raith Rover's was owned by Arther Cook from Kirkcaldy and I remember china doll .

GreyhoundLass said:
Hi All new ere  I used to race 8/10 years ago Packed in & now race Greyhounds. I have always had a whippet around me at the moment I have a No Limit dog.

Regards

Hi , if you ring the club house at asfordby sports ground after 7pm is best the manager will give you the address, you can get directions on line either with AA, or msn maps

01664 434545

Just ask anyone at the track to point out Gary Farmer and he will know if there are any pups around

:) Found it, if you put this on to directions on msn or AA you will get a good map

for Asfordby wrc

HOBY ROAD

ASFORDBY

MELTON MOWBRAY

LE14 3TL

Please note there is no H in Asfordby.

I hope that helps :thumbsup:

GreyhoundLass said:
  Also at the championships are there any limits on the no limits weight & what size are the traps? Oh & what day are they run & has anyone got directions I am told there nr Melton Mowbrey  Sorry for all the questions

Regards

You need to be a member of the BWRA and your dogs need to be registered 28 days prior to racing at the champs would hate to think you turned up and could not run.

GreyhoundLass said:
lives in same village has me havent got his number but could pass yours on email me at john20465@hotmail.com

as i am fairly new to this how big are u allowed to have a dog at ive 2 greyhound bitches both around 58 pounds would they be ok please dont jump on me just wondering :)i read a bit of controversy over the weights in earliar postings

Last edited by a moderator:
shamus said:
as i am fairly new to this how big are u allowed to have a dog at ive 2 greyhound bitches both around 58 pounds would they be ok please dont jump on me just wondering  :)i read a bit of controversy over the weights in earliar postings
Most clubs would let you give them a slip behind the lure, but if thay are full greyhound thay cant run with whippets.

hope that helps you

could you not trial them at your nearest greyhound track.they usually quiet good at pulling them round couple of hand slips 20 yds from the bend if they go round into the traps.see how they time /grade in for the greyhound racing, :luck: best bet

DavidH said:
could you not trial them at your nearest greyhound track.they usually quiet good at pulling them round couple of hand slips 20 yds from the bend if they go round into the traps.see how they time /grade in for the greyhound racing, :luck:   best bet

they will need to be schooled to run with other dogs,prior to racing :oops:

Shamus, where are you from? How old are your greyhounds and do you already race them?

Sorry for the questions but we might be able to help with a bit more info :thumbsup:

:luck: Welcome to K9

my dogs are well schooled :) i race at flapping tracks had plenty winners :) i was just wondering about the no limit racing both my bitches are fast and honest, i come from Ireland originally but have lived in UK for 20 or so years i live in the Richmond area north Yorks :cheers:i also have a whippet and a bedlington :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back