The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Non Pedigree Pup Or Young Dog Wanted

Stephen McCluskey

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello, I was given this site name by Danny Keirs. I am looking for a puppy or young dog. I live in the South Lanarkshire area. I am looking on behalf of my father who had whippets years ago, he has had border collies since but feels they would be too much of a handfull for him now (especially the one I have!!). He has been looking for weeks but with no luck, so as his computer skills aren't the best I was recruited. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Hi Stephen

You will have more luck posting in the non ped section :thumbsup:

Good Luck :luck: :luck:

:luck: Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

Have you tried your local rescue centres?

Or what about a Greyhound rescue, they always have lots of ex racing greyhounds looking for homes (and they are usually quite laid back dogs).

Sue

kita said:
Or what about a Greyhound rescue, they always have lots of ex racing greyhounds looking for homes (and they are usually quite laid back dogs).

Sue

Hi,

Yes I tried the rescue centre they didn't have any at this point, we will be going back. He has his heart set on a whippet!

Hi Stephen,

Dont know if the rescue you mention is GAL?

Noticed they have a couple of males on their site at the minute described as 'little lurchers' Josh in particular looks quite whippetish and rather lovely to boot :wub:

http://www.gal.org.uk/

josh.jpg

Good luck with your search.

:cheers:

Sheena

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephen McCluskey said:
kita said:

Sue

Hi,

Yes I tried the rescue centre they didn't have any at this point, we will be going back. He has his heart set on a whippet!

waited quite a while for the right doggy i did, and the right little doggy came along, and so it will for you, got your heart set on a whippet, yes, and quite right to, kept me sane i can tell you

good luck in your retirement, enjoy

keith :cheers:

Would he consider a cross? Greyhound Gap have the adorable Orla

orla.jpg

or Daisy

daisy.jpg

Also Honey and Hobo, who are rough-coated whippet crosses. They came from the same place as Sophie, my latest little rescue girl, and apparently have the same fantastic loving temperament, despite having had an absolutely horrible past life.

we have a few lurchers, in at the moment. 2 are whippy x. Thats at Eden Animal Rescue in Cumbria

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back