The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

North West Lure Coursing Club. 16/07/05

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
and another Callena Pride and Parkstone Buttons

buttonslurecoursing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pennymeadow lady and parkstone sweet dreams in the cons final

Picturebec_237.jpg

sienna :wub:

Picturebec_287.jpg

parkstone sweet dreams

Picturebec_267.jpg

beaker said:

Callie :thumbsup: ( had to look closely mind but she has the white back leg :lol: )it's hard havin twins you know.

Thanks for putting them on Becka :thumbsup:

beaker said:
*Lesley* said:
beaker said:

Callie :thumbsup: ( had to look closely mind but she has the white back leg :lol: )it's hard havin twins you know.

Thanks for putting them on Becka :thumbsup:

oops sorry knew i had a 50/50 chance of being right, and i wasn't, typical :oops:

bit blurry but i think this might be sienna, (maybe)

Still a fab pic, that one is Sienna more white on her tail :thumbsup:

OK, another dumb question, what are the colourful scarfs around their necks for when they're racing? And is there no muzzles on them like in the whippet clubs?

andrea31 said:
OK, another dumb question, what are the colourful scarfs around their necks for when they're racing?  And is there no muzzles on them like in the whippet clubs?

The collars are so you can recognise who is who really, they will always be one red one white, if callie and sienna were running together that would probably be the only way to tell them apart for the judge, especially when they are at the other side of the course,the judge will just hold up the colour scarf of the winner, if the dog is wearing a blue collar it means it is running a bye(running alone because the other dog hasn't turned up or cant run for instance), muzzles aren't really necessary unless you have a dog that will turn on another dog then they would have to wear one, most of the time they are so focussed on the lure that they have no interest in anything else( thats what you hope anyway :lol: )

Lure coursing is very different to racing Andrea you must come down and see for yourself, yours would love it, it is so much fun. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Lesley, That was a great answer all that trainings paying off lol :- "

Come on Andrea get yourself down to the next 1 and get your dogs run.

Mark, I'm dying to come, I know Mysti will do ok, she just loves to run for the sake of it, but Tascha will probably need a muzzle???? She is quite bossy when it comes to running, and really does have a go at Mysti at times, never hurts her, but I wouldn't like to see her hurt another whippie.

Also, Tasch doesn't like to be in the lead????? If she's ahead of Mysti, she'll drop back until Mysti takes over, then will quite happily carry on running. Any dog psychologists out there want to tell me why she does this lol.

Andrea, she's doing that cos she's nothing to actaully chase, when she's got a lure ect to chase she wont do that she will just get on with the job in hand.

andrea31 said:
Mark, I'm dying to come, I know Mysti will do ok, she just loves to run for the sake of it, but Tascha will probably need a muzzle????  She is quite bossy when it comes to running, and really does have a go at Mysti at times, never hurts her, but I wouldn't like to see her hurt another whippie.Also, Tasch doesn't like to be in the lead?????  If she's ahead of Mysti, she'll drop back until Mysti takes over, then will quite happily carry on running.  Any dog psychologists out there want to tell me why she does this lol.

Mark Roberts said:
Andrea, she's doing that cos she's nothing to actaully chase, when she's got a lure ect to chase she wont do that she will just get on with the job in hand.

Thanks Mark good teacher you see :thumbsup: and weeks and weeks to get to grips with it :lol:

Andrea Callie and Sienna are that like when they are free running always trying to bring each other down and waiting for each other, but not when coursing their focus is with the lure nothing else matters :thumbsup:

Hi all the North West Lure Coursing Club is open to anybody wanting to run their whippet for fun or compertition a good welcome awaits everyone the club also welcomes running dogs of other breeds eg (greyhounds deerhounds lurchers afgans salukies) for more info on times & events contact

MARK ROBERTS :thumbsup: ( PARKSTONE WHIPPETS)

OK then Mark, what's the date of the next lure coursing run then? I'll make plans to be there.

The next 2 lure coursing events are 3rd & 18th of september anyone fancya try contact mark roberts at parkstone whippets :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Ive just managed to catch up with this thread. Some great pictures on it. Im sure I already Congratulated you Lesley - somewhere Im sure of it - but anyway Congratulations to you all again. :cheers: Love the picture of your 3 dogs together Lesley.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back