The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Northern Counties

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE] :cheers: to all k9ers who had such a good day - wherever you were!!

Is there a reason why there are no formal results? (w00t)

ROMA WRIGHT SMITH DOGS AND BARRY KENNETT BITCHES, we had a lovely day my lana starswift sunrise was second in s.y and nina marchpast shades of silk was third in limit gaining her stud book number :thumbsup: thank you barry

JAX said:
WELL DONE JO AND FRANKIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and of course any other K9ers

Ive just got back from showing at NEWARK , where India won best Puppy , Res best of breed and 2nd in Puppy group  :cheers:   behind a really nice Beagle who had won best AVNSC and 3rd in adult group , judge  Mr Roger heap ( Rea)

Whippyinit was 2nd in puppy and Juley was 3rd with Lily . So it was a K9 1-2-3  :cheers:

WELL DONE JAX :cheers: ROGER HEAP HAD ONE OF MY WHIPPETS FROM MY FIRST EVER LITTER SEEMS A FAIR JUDGE

Cartman said:
Is there a reason why there are no formal results? (w00t)

Unless a K9er was there and made notes of all the placings we wont have any results until they are in print , :( However I did notice Selinko ( Barry or Carole Kennet) on here last night looking . :- " and i thought it would have been nice for one of them to at least have put the bitches results on , dont you think ;)

I might give Roma a ring later and get results from her

jok said:
Minor Puppy Dog2nd  Stormburst Sparkling Water - FRANKIE! :wub:

Minor Puppy Bitch

2nd  Veredon Show Me Love at Roedeane :wub:   :wub:

Well done Lucy (Veredon Show Me Love at Roedeane), qualifying for Crufts on her first time out! :cheers: :wub: o:) Brother Logan is very proud of you! :D

Well done Frankie, qualifying on his first time out. :thumbsup:

Well done all other K9ers who did well today wherever you were! :thumbsup:

i quickly noted some of the results but not absolutely sure if 100% correct so apologies for any that are incorrect

Yearling bitch

1 Jzan Zee Zee with Yialousa

2 Starswift Sunrise

3 Demerlay Love in a Mist

Maiden bitch

1 Rearsbylea Andelite

2 Gilnockie Abracadabra

3 Twinkle Woody

Novice bitch

1 Arjuna Jorgie Girl

2 Lupinus Thundercloud of Bruntsfield

3 Godheim Blonde Angel

junior dog

1 Crosscop Stormy Weather

2 Elmanash Master General

3 Triden Chasing a Dream

yearling dog

1 Hillsdown Xavier

2 Runaround Gerswin of Stormalong

3 Taraday Tedbar Tinker

Miaden dog

1 Elmanash Master General

Novice Dog

1 Juneric Midnight Mischief

Graduate dog

1 Crosscop Stormy Weather

Post Grad Dog

1 Inglemarch Infantryman Ken

2 Kismet Kid

3 Inglemarch Invaluable

limit dog

1 Nevedith KFA Kraka

2 Juneric Little Rascal

3 Rearsbylea Tarquin

Open Dog

1 Int/Bel/Ger Ch Blue Springs Tibere

2 Ch Oakbark Mystery Knight

3 Ch Tazi Falcon at Limasfault

4 Savilepark Savoir-Faire

5 Int/B/D/Ch Res World Winner Blue Springs Royal Ascot

thats all i managed to get

Found this pic of Int/Bel/Ger Ch Blue Springs Tibere

for those like me who was not at the show and wondered who he was :thumbsup:

:cheers: WELL DONE EVERYONE :cheers:

Great day had by many.

Thank's Wendy wondere'd what he looked like :thumbsup:

well done everyone :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done everybody!

I was sorry to only be able to stay for a few classes as my lift had to be elsewhere, but I really enjoyed attending my first Whippet Championship show as an observer. It was nice to meet some of you again, and I'm sure we'll come back.

I'm looking forward to marking up my catalogue! :))

Ness

P.S. My whippets aren't whippets at all - rather more hairy and with curly tails! ;)

Millie said:
Found this pic of Int/Bel/Ger Ch Blue Springs Tibere
for those like me who was not at the show and wondered who he was  :thumbsup:

He is by Spirit of Falconcrag du haras d'hélios (Silkstone Mystic X Ch. Falconcrag Specialité) out of Ch. Silkstone Opera Queen

Well done Danielle :cheers:

I have always admired this dog, Blue Spring Tibere. Glad he did so well at this show. I hope we may see more of him as the season unfolds.

Why is it quite often we send dogs abroad and then their offspring are coming back and beating our UK dogs. The bitch CC has (similar)English blood also

Karen said:
I have always admired this dog, Blue Spring Tibere.  Glad he did so well at this show.  I hope we may see more of him as the season unfolds.

Why is it quite often we send dogs abroad and then their offspring are coming back and beating our UK dogs.  The bitch CC has (similar)English blood also

Hi Karen,

Interesting question.At the Whippet Congress in the U.K many ears ago a judge and breeder in the later hours after many drinks, asked me if I really thought that any of the Whippets from the Continent would do anything in the U.K rings ? I said of course, they are bred from the best English blodlines. He said .. no way. He was later one of the first to import a dog from Italy.

First of all I think we watch you guys over there very closely. We are not hung up on who owns the dog, what bloodlines do we like ect. To breed Whippets has in many ears on the continent been a struggle, most of all because we couldnt find any puppybuyers. This has changed now, and most litters are easely sold ( in Denmark anyway ). So for many yars you really had to have this feeling : I must do this litter.. nomatter what it takes. Anyone can breed a litter, but to have this passion that you see in several Kennels in Sweden, Finland, Belgium, France,takes a lot of effort and money. Think about how many foreingers you see over there at ringside, not only at Crufts. And ask youself how many of you have ever seen a big competition on the continent ? I know several of you have visited Tamsviik during the last couple of years, and some of you have judged, but still, the interest and the wish to learn, and the open mind, is what makes the good results.

I think the breed has come very far over here during the last 5 years, thanks to devoted clever breeders ( most of them are not even mentioned in the newer Whippet Books... I might write one called : Those the others forgot ... :p ) we now have some of the very best English and U.S bloodlines on the continent.

Congrats to Tibere... Lovely dog. Spirit is a litterbrother to my DK.CH. Fin. CH. Special Reserve Du Haras D`Helios, whom unfortunately died young under a visit in Finland. Their dam : Multi CH. BIS Winner Falconcrag Speciality is one of my favourite bitches.

:cheers: Well done to all k9's :cheers:

Congratulations Yvette and Lucy on qualifying for crufts :cheers: :cheers:

BTW love your new website Yvette :thumbsup:

Well done also to Evie's sister and Dad :)

Well done to Emilies relatives. I am always so proud when I see Indys(Silkstone Mystic) name linked to winning dogs. I am so very glad I made the decision to allow Indy to go abroad to stay with Katia.

Emilies mother is Falconcrag Specialite.

Thank god Jean Louis Cocquempot (Du Haras D'Helios) took the oppurtunity to use Indy for his bloodlines, it certainly wasnt for what he won out there :- "

Thanks for the photo - he is a fine looking dog. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back