The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Noticing The Loss Of A Dog...

Noni

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It is a year since my old dog died and it was quite sudden at the time. What interests me is how many people have come up to me in only the last three months and asked where he is?

They are dog walking fellows who I see most weeks and I suppose that they just thought I'd left him at home or something? But it kind of helps because I got to a point where I thought I was the only one who missed him so much :( and now it seems others have noticed as well. And it is easier talking about him to them now than it would have been a year ago.

Has anyone else found that it has taken nine months for people in general to ask where their other dog is? :(

First of all sorry to hear bout your dog. I lost mine earlier this year, (18) and now we felt the time was right to get another, and it seems that only now other people have noticed benji has gone. We have had people coming up to us saying wat happ to the other then wen we say they say "thought i hadn't seen him for a couple of months!"

Sorry about the loss of your dog. :( I found this site when I lost Chip my whippet in 2004, I was heartbroken. :( I think people often see you out alone and dont like to ask where the dog has gone. :(

I also went 8 months before deciding to have another dog, I had I thought given up the idea of having another.....but now I have three of them.....

Its the hardest thing in the world....letting them go. :( You are quite normal to miss your dog...it takes a very long time to get over them, but they live on in your hearts forever. :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back