The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Notts & Derby

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sorry we werent there as we are in sandringham for the game fair we will miss the last one on the sunday as were going to pike hall,

thank to everyone for making us feel welcome and also the good tips and information :thumbsup: xx

thanks sue les max&smoke x x x

p.s poor seagull .lol..

A nice evening for our last Wednesday meeting managed to get all the races and trials finished in time. 12 whippets, 7 Lurcher's and 2 greyhounds. Whippets raced, heats 160 yds/lbs and finals 150 2ft/lbs.

R Dare Ya Too 26 3rd

B Moany's Pleasure 25 2nd

W Marc 16 1st

R Sheer Pleasure 23 2nd

B Ride a White Swan 20 1st

W Mystery Solved 16 3rd

R Mon Ami 24 3rd

B Rick's Mystery 23 1st

W Running Bear 21 2nd

R Sunkist 28 2nd

B Oso Classic 27 3rd

W Magical Moany 23 1st

C Final

1st Dare Ya Too

2nd Mon Ami

B Final

1st Sheer Pleasure

2nd Running Bear

A Final

1st Ride a White Swan

2nd Rick's Mystery

Lurcher's under 23

1st Red

2nd Jess

2nd race

1st Red

2nd Jazz

Over 23

1st Tex

2nd Blue

2nd race

1st Tex

2nd Ted

Terrier race was won by Toby

Two greyhounds, Binx and Poppy had a couple of runs together, resulting in a win for each.

Thank you to everyone for donating to the collection made for Ross Staples it made £50.

We have a meeting on Sunday weigh in till 12 noon followed by our AGM in the Welfare.

What a glorious day for our last race meeting and some brilliant racing as always with 2ft/lb handicap. Thanks to Denise for judging some really close races and

Dennis for driving the lure.

150 2ft/lbs

R Hells Amber 28 4th

B Point Taken 26 2nd

W Try Once More 26 3rd

BkMon Ami 23 1st

R Hes Haunted 25 3rd

B Charisma 23 1st

W Evolution 20 2nd

R Plan B 21 1st

B So Suave 18 2nd

W Bound too Fizz 16 3rd

C Final

1st Try Once More

2nd Hes Haunted

B Final

1st Evolution

2nd So Suave

A Final

1st Charisma

2nd Mon Ami

Scratch

R Sky's Lad

B Stevie B 1st

After racing food was laid on in the welfare for our AGM which was well attended. We've had a good year finically and that is due to the generosity of the 53 members that have joined this year and a very good turn out of 82 different dogs running. I'll also have to give some praise to king burger man and his assistant Julie as these have been good earner's for the club. 3 proposals were put forward to be voted on, the first one asking why we don't make a calendar out for racing. For the safety to the dogs the format is decided on the night as it's dependant on what range of weight's turn up, we still try to vary as much as possible. It was voted on to stay as it is and decide on the night. The second was to alternate the red trap each week, this clearly got the thumbs up. The 3rd proposal was to have level break racing for a few weeks before champs, this was an overwhelming yes. We then went onto top club dogs. A very big well done to Gill and Mon Ami winning our top club dog, winning an engraved trophy and a bag of Gain racer. 2nd Charisma and 3rd Sheer Pleasure. Ami did the double by also winning top club dog for the W N competition (on a different points system) well done Ami 2nd Magical Moany 3rd Dare Ya Too. Top Scratch dog was Darren and Jo's lovely blue h/weight Hellspell who also won an engraved trophy and a bag of Gain racer well done Blue 2nd Deneside Colin 3rd Clear View. I must mention Joyce and Connor's Charisma who has run at the club 7 times this year and won 6 A finals and a B final what a consistant little bitch she is, well done. Kath was telling me More or Less is on the brink of retirement, everyone at the club wishes this lovely little character a very long and happy retirement. Before the meeting came to a close we let member's know that we shall be doing some work on the track ASAP laying top soil and seeding the pull-up and trap area also covering the track with feed/seed. all that's left to say is good luck to every one, hope you have a injury free bend season. Lynda.

got to say really enjoyed my times at this track on a wednesdays a really well run and friendly track

and well run by the people who put there time/effet into it :thumbsup: ;)

dont no what where all going to do on weds nights now (w00t) sorry missed the agm well done all the winners been some really good dogs running 82 different dogs thats some going (w00t) big well done Gill and Mon Ami also Darren and Jo with Blue, a part from the dogs already mentioned by Les who have been a pleasure to watch over the season think Classic Rock,Ride a White Swan,Sheer Pleasure are just a few who have put in some brill runs and also some very good scr races sure as a club we will keep getting stronger !! :thumbsup: here to next year :cheers:

i know that i only found out about "notts and derby" late into the season and only managed a few wednesday nights - but me, my dad and walter had a brilliant time..

will be practicing my "catching" skills so that hopefully next year i wont have to rely on others to grab hold of walt!

thanks to les, lynda and everyone for welcoming us

jo x

Here is Hellspell with his Trophy, :thumbsup:

We are looking forward to next year already, Don't know what we will do with our wednesdays til then! (w00t)

IMG00666_20110925_1840.jpg

JUST HAD TO PUT A PIC ON OF ANDY'S PEDI TODD WHO HAS SCHOOLED MANY PUPS AT OUR CLUB SINCE WE STARTED IN 2009 THANKS ANDY AND MOST OF ALL TODD YOUR A STAR WHERE WOULD CLUBS BE WITHOUT SUCH DOGS :thumbsup:

Here is Hellspell with his Trophy, :thumbsup:
We are looking forward to next year already, Don't know what we will do with our wednesdays til then! (w00t)
nice 1 blue boy :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back