The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Npwra 1st Nationals

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We CAN'T WAIT for this weekend - the 1st ever Nationals - which might I add we were the VERY 1ST to enter according to Beejay - Do we get a prize? :lol:

We'll be camping over from friday - Good Luck everyone & safe journey ;)

:lol: i dont know if you get a prize :lol: i think you should ;)

i think lots are staying from friday...i hope Ray will be able to keep you all in line (w00t)

im just thrilled that because of mums best friend and a couple of family members, Jane, Laura & Dan...the Peppermints will be there...its been a very stressful day after the fate of the mini bus was .......its dead :unsure: but all my mates have helped get us there including June & Steve who are taking their awning so i have somewhere to park the dogs :thumbsup:

i hope some one has a camera...i feel a group piccy of the 1st NPWRA championships will be in order :D

:lol: i dont know if you get a prize :lol: i think you should ;) i think lots are staying from friday...i hope Ray will be able to keep you all in line (w00t)

im just thrilled that because of mums best friend and a couple of family members, Jane, Laura & Dan...the Peppermints will be there...its been a very stressful day after the fate of the mini bus was .......its dead :unsure: but all my mates have helped get us there including June & Steve who are taking their awning so i have somewhere to park the dogs :thumbsup:

i hope some one has a camera...i feel a group piccy of the 1st NPWRA championships will be in order :D
Lloydy will be there with his camera, and I have my brother roped in for video duties :D we need to have a good record of the 1st Nationals - history has been made in 4 weeks. Who would have thought we could come so far in such a short time? :thumbsup: The website is absolutely fab :teehee:

:lol: i dont know if you get a prize :lol: i think you should ;) i think lots are staying from friday...i hope Ray will be able to keep you all in line (w00t)

Oh no Julie. The Peppermint bus is dead. Is it very, very dead as in not at all able to be brought back to life?

re photographers we have Lloyd and Lampy and Rob Flower and those are just the ones that I know about.

Our gazeebo died at Gloucester or you could have used that.

yes Barbara.VERY VERY VERY DEAD :(

we have already brought another van last week but it needs alot doing to get it ready for racing :sweating: it will have its 1st outing at the Indy straight....but a full fleet of peppermints at the nationals did look very doubtful at lunchtime today....even reduced me to tears at one point :'(

but thanks to some wonderful people WE WILL BE THERE :sweating: (w00t)

Last edited:
yes Barbara.VERY VERY VERY DEAD :( we have already brought another van last week but it needs alot doing to get it ready for racing :sweating: it will have its 1st outing at the Indy straight....but a full fleet of peppermints at the nationals did look very doubtful at lunchtime today....even reduced me to tears at one point :'(

but thanks to some wonderful people WE WILL BE THERE :sweating: (w00t)
i love the way people have come together to help each other :) you are going to have a fantastic day ,one you all will remember :thumbsup:

Shouldn't that be a tube full of peppermints? It wouldn't be the same without you minty folks.

Thanks Trac I hope that you can be with us.

Oh no Julie. The Peppermint bus is dead. Is it very, very dead as in not at all able to be brought back to life?

re photographers we have Lloyd and Lampy and Rob Flower and those are just the ones that I know about.

Our gazeebo died at Gloucester or you could have used that.
Nice to think that I got a mention. Thankyou.

Wow, we are going to be very well represented by photographers - all three take fantastic pictures, and I'm sure between all of you there should be pics of most dogs. Lampy your over the line pictures you took at the Champs last year were brilliant, and showed how close some finishes were. People really appreciated them when you let me add them to the video of the finals. I normally do the DVDs for free, but wondered this year if I should ask for a small donation to NPWRA??? Mind you, I made a right cock up of the last bend Champs at Moreton - and ended up missing the dogs all together in one final - I have got my varifocals now, so mabe I will be able to see better in future :wacko: :lol: I have my brother lined up with the video camera - I think he stood at the end with you Lampy at the straight Champs in August last year.

Only 3 days to go! Can't wait, it's all soooooo exciting! :D

well i had a great nights sleep last night...thanks to everyone who is helping us out ;)

mums not been well so fingers crossed she will be well enough to come on sunday......it wont be the same without her :huggles:

who will fill out the program :rolleyes:

have fun at the draw tonight folks....no drinking you have far to much to do over the next couple of days :lol: :lol:

well i had a great nights sleep last night...thanks to everyone who is helping us out ;) mums not been well so fingers crossed she will be well enough to come on sunday......it wont be the same without her :huggles:

who will fill out the program :rolleyes:

have fun at the draw tonight folks....no drinking you have far to much to do over the next couple of days :lol: :lol:
Don't tell Judy that ..... she won't come!! :lol:

Well the vans full of diesel, the caravans loaded with the sleeping bags, the foods been bought, the generators topped up, just got to take the dogs out for there runs tomorrow morning then we"re setting off, even Kierens excited, :lol: See you all there on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. ;)

Glad you"ve got sorted out Julie, see you there. :)

thanks Paula...it was a depressing sight at my house yesterday :(

but excitement for Sunday has now taken over again (w00t) it going to be bloody great ;) and to know i was at the 1st ever NPWRA championships is a tale il tell my grand-kids :lol: :lol: :lol:

its just amazing whats been put together in 3 weeks.... :D it makes you wonder how it will be next year with more time to arrange everything 8)

see you all bright and early Sunday morning, mines a tea 2 sugars not to strong ;)

Have just packed husband and daughter off to Cornwall. The caravan is packed and I'm ready to go. Look forward to seeing you all on sarurday pm.

LONG LIVE THE NATIONALS

Long live whippet racing! WCRA or NPWR. IMO the people who do not enter either are true racers.

You cannot support both. I wish both the best for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long live whippet racing! WCRA or NPWR. IMO the people who do not enter either are true racers.
What a contradictory post...so if we are true racers we should enter neither...but you are still wishing both all the best...hmmmm...confused.com...

I wouldn't dream of supporting both - and I can't understand anyone that does, but I do respect the choice that they make - AND no one has been persuaded to enter the Nationals, all entries have come from people who entered freely, and needed a change. To not support either would be unthinkable - we all enjoy each others company, and seeing our dogs have a fair race - what else would we do on a Sunday? :unsure: The Nationals are the best thing that has happened to pedigree whippet racing in many years, and it has breathed a breath of fresh air and excitement into whippet racing, which had become very stale over the last 18 months. Long live the Nationals, the only place to be! ;)

HAVE TO AGREE THE TRUE RACERS ARE THOSE WITHOUT A DOG :wacko:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back