The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Nwa

Katana

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Who is going tomorrow? I heard the entry wasn't that good, what are you all doing? We should be supporting the club shows. Use them or loose them.

I agree we have to support the shows but with the current climate we have to watch the pennies, so we pick our judges. Mileage has also to be considered and it is probably a little south for some people. I hear that there are only 60 entries so good chance for those going, good luck all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree we have to support the shows but with the current climate we have to watch the pennies, so we pick our judges. Mileage has also to be considered and it is probably a little south for some people. I hear that there are only 60 entries so good chance for those going, good luck all.

i would have entred but my boys two young and my girls are two big for him

i will be going to the next one a very poor entry

Good luck to all entered and showing tomorrow, Will miss being with you all, but please do put the results on asap for us all at home

Pat x

That's a shame, good competition makes for an interesting day :lol:

Is the credit crunch starting to have a effect on dog shows I wonder.

I would have liked yo have entered under the judge but at £6 an entry, too much for me.

I entered a breed champ show for £6 not so very long ago. In fact I entered 3 dogs, had a catalogue all for £20, Bargin, & qualified one of them for Crufts :thumbsup:

Sorry am judging tomorrow, or should that be today. By the way good name, same as my daughters!

I would have liked yo have entered under the judge but at £6 an entry, too much for me.I entered a breed champ show for £6 not so very long ago. In fact I entered 3 dogs, had a catalogue all for £20, Bargin, & qualified one of them for Crufts :thumbsup:

wow £6.00 that is expensive.

and as its the National Whippet club maybe they should move around the country. 8)

Its a shame Peter has a poor entry , he did the Midland whippet show 5 years ago and gave Mikkee Best Puppy , but Im having to work today. I would think that it will be the last time Peter judges too :(

Are there any results please?

Who is the judge Peter who?

Marie. :huggles:

I would have liked yo have entered under the judge but at £6 an entry, too much for me.I entered a breed champ show for £6 not so very long ago. In fact I entered 3 dogs, had a catalogue all for £20, Bargin, & qualified one of them for Crufts :thumbsup:

and as its the National Whippet club maybe they should move around the country. 8)

Its a shame Peter has a poor entry , he did the Midland whippet show 5 years ago and gave Mikkee Best Puppy , but Im having to work today. I would think that it will be the last time Peter judges too :(

I think that is because the venues in Surrey area are so expensive - Champ show venue is £1360.00 (eeek) :eek:

What do the WCC and MWC open show entries cost? :)

Pat

I think that is because the venues in Surrey area are so expensive - Champ show venue is £1360.00 (eeek) :eek:

Pat
Not sure Pat, until this years schedules come out , but its only £6.00 to enter our champ show ( members )

But the price of our venue For open and Limit shows is not even £200.00 ,

See maybe they should move to different areas and then they can get cheaper venues :p

Pat
Not sure Pat, until this years schedules come out , but its only £6.00 to enter our champ show ( members )

But the price of our venue For open and Limit shows is not even £200.00 ,

See maybe they should move to different areas and then they can get cheaper venues :p
If the venue costs continue, in todays climate (money), I think this might be the case, especially if the entries are lower generally, all clubs will have to watch the pennies (along with the rest of us). :b

Pat

Our SWWC entries are £2-50 for members, none members £3-50, to me £6-00 is a lot for an open show. I rather think our entries for our first ch show will be a bit more than that as the venue costs so much more. Keeping entry fees low gains more entries, people can enter two dogs for £5-00!

It is a shame that venues are so hard to find, health and safety have a lot to answer for.

SYWC

For our Open show (on February 22nd) :- -

Entries £3:50 for non-members / £3:00 for members

Open Show Catalogues £1:50 (pre-paid)

I agree with Jax what is National about an open show that is always held in Surrey

As someone who lives in the south east, I hope it does stay in Surrey. The N.W.A. is our nearest breed club - and todays show was 160 mile round trip for me. I suppose the Whippet Club could also be considered a national club - and that doesn't move it's shows around the country.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back