The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

One Meal A Day, When??

Lise

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all,

Thanks for all excellent advice, he is as I say up there 6 months on 23rd of sept sp 6 mths 2 weeks.

I am concerned that id I give him a chicken wing he will expect them all the time and prefer them to his tripe & complete and therefore start fussing at meal times, other than that I would love for him to have a treat to go mad for like chicken wings and it must be good for thier teeth, do they get the runs when eating raw chicken.

mOre pics to follow!!

Lise & Floyd

Lise - I still feed my dogs 3 meals a day and they are Oscar aged 1 Year and Kobi aged 6 months.

Personally I think smaller more frequent meals are much better for a dog than 1 large meal.

I also got a lot of advice from K9 on feeding when I first came on this site.

Chicken wings?

I didnt know you coulds give dogs chicken, i was told (some years back mind) that poultry bones are a danger for dogs as they make choke.

NOTE: this may be viewed as complete and utter garbage by those of you in the know. Please post your thoughts and experiences on the matter. I am merely trying to find things out, as i am hopefully going to be buying a pup in the not too distant future.

markE said:
Chicken wings?
I didnt know you coulds give dogs chicken, i was told (some years back mind) that poultry bones are a danger for dogs as they make choke.

NOTE: this may be viewed as complete and utter garbage by those of you in the know. Please post your thoughts and experiences on the matter. I am merely trying to find things out, as i am hopefully going to be buying a pup in the not too distant future.

Hi mark, the chicken must be raw as with all bones, and for further info all will be revealed here ;) click the link: feeding - BARF, chicken wings, and more

Lise, I give mine raw chicken wings every other day. Never, ever has it made them prefer that to any other food. They love chicken wings. They love their tripe. No problem :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
cooked chicken bones splinter too easily

someone told me not to give the dogs raw chicken bones either (I don't) but I think they should be okay?

I've also read that greyhounds and whippets have small stomachs and should be fed twice daily even as adults.

Macha said:
cooked chicken bones splinter too easily someone told me not to give the dogs raw chicken bones either (I don't) but I think they should be okay?

I've also read that greyhounds and whippets have small stomachs and should be fed twice daily even as adults.

I think it is better to feed them twice, both my dogs, a lurcher and a terrier/lurcher have a biggish breakfast and a smaller tea (about 2/3 and then 1/3) - also at tea they may have other foods in leftovers like rice or pasta plus veggies etc - but I think all dogs should be fed at least twice daily until they are at least one.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back