The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Oops

valerie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Has anyone been sent flying into the air by their dogs or by someone elses dog?

Yep!!! By our ditzy Dane and believe you me you know all about it when you've been rammed by a Dane,I could'nt walk for a week,I was on crutches!!!!!!!!

Sadly,we no longer have Domino,we lost her a few years ago she was only 7yrs old,but that unfortunately does seem to be the downfall of giant breeds,they have a shorter life span. I still miss her ,even tho most of the time she was liability :( :(

my little jack russell used to play with a lovely great dane girl mille. one day a load of us are chatting on the field which is little more than a swamp in winter, dana is being chased by mille all round the field when dana decides that it would be a great idea to run between my legs....and millie followed her :blink: i think i may of acutally rode her for a few moments before being uncerimoniously dumped into a puddle of mud. did anyone run to ur aid i hear you cry....no they were all p*ssing themselves (w00t)

dana said:
my little jack russell used to play with a lovely great dane girl mille. one day a load of us are chatting on the field which is little more than a swamp in winter, dana is being chased by mille all round the field when dana decides that it would be a great idea to run between my legs....and millie followed her :blink: i think i may of acutally rode her for a few moments before being uncerimoniously dumped into a puddle of mud. did anyone run to ur aid i hear  you cry....no they were all p*ssing themselves (w00t)
sorry but, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dana that story is so funny.. :lol: :lol:

and yes I do often by my own two .... :lol:

and often by a collie I meet on our walks - he gets over exuberant and once donked me right on the end of my nose ...... I saw stars :wacko: :wacko: - ouch...

Last edited by a moderator:
its funny now but at the time i was so wazzed off, it was 7pm in the middle ov december and freezing. i was wet through to my knickers (w00t)

P1000021.jpg

P1000022.jpg

Errr........... yes.

05whippet said:
Yep!!!  By our ditzy Dane and believe you me you know all about it when you've been rammed by a Dane,I could'nt walk for a week,I was on crutches!!!!!!!!
Sadly,we no longer have Domino,we lost her a few years ago she was only 7yrs old,but that unfortunately does seem to be the downfall of giant breeds,they have a shorter life span. I still miss her ,even tho most of the time she was liability :(   :(

I"m sorry to here of your loss loseing any animal is heart ache its not the size of an animal its all those memeries you have they say time heals but I"ve yet to find time heals as we lost a cat early this year to cancer she was just over 16yrs old, I have alway mantained that I will be there till the end with all my animals because I :wub: animals more then people, people come second place to animals

well I"m still sore from this morning advents :eek: but you know its the not the sitting down its the getting back up thats the pain in the (w00t) :wacko: hay I"m still :D

happened to me too when storm was a lanky pup. we used to walk him at the same time same place every sunday. a few regulars got to know me thru walking their kids, dogs, kids etc etc. he wacked me one time and cleaned me skywards...sooo embarrassed. ofcourse in full view too for all to see. :wacko: the following sunday same time same place i met the people who witnessed the previous weeks acrobatics. :b as we were talking some more walkers headed towards us ..next thing storm took off towards them. :- " one of the people shouted towards the walkers...."ferfuxsake find somewhere soft to land!" (w00t) (w00t)

j o:) hn

Last edited by a moderator:
When Inca was a youngster she used to use me to stop herself and one day I was walking along in the woods, when she hit the back of my legs not once but three times!!!! :blink:

Each time she hit me harder and harder...the third and final time she hit me I went flying forwards and fell on the man that was in front of me...who used walking sticks :b

Dippy has tripped me up once and got a twisted ankle... :- "

Yep us too!! me by my whippies a few times to busy running with each other to see me :- " much to my daughters amusement!! :lol: and then my daughter!! we were chatting, walking next to each other whilst some of our whippies were running about the field, all of a sudden she was gone :eek: flat on the floor, Rumour :wacko: had taken her legs out!!completely floored she was!!!, it was sooo funny we did laugh!! :lol:

yup and my own stupid fault. Many moons ago when my now old boy was a youngster he got himself expelled from gundog classes.....

As he simply refused to return off lead i thought myself immensly clever and bought 18m of tow rope to let him have "a bit of a runaround" sort of securely on lead but thinking himself off lead like.........

you are now probably ahead of my typing and guessed the next bit....

off pelts said dog in straight line into the wind (big muscled pointer full pelt 100mph+)

within a few seconds my brain caught up with what i had started and i began to panic.

No sooner had i realised my predicament when my arms jerked out at 90 degrees, teeth snapped shut, neck jerked back and whole upper body launched into orbit followed at a slower pace by torso, legs and finally feet. I got dragged several 10`s of yards before said pointer realised he had "sommat behind" and slowed down for a tounge lollin face splitting grin before startn the whole episode off again as i scrambled to my feet. ( horse training... "dont let go of the bl**dy rope gals, he`ll go a lot further once he`s loose")

I managed to reel him in and from then on lunged him alternate directions like a horse for 40 mins galloping.

You have to laugh!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back