The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Our Trip To Midland Game Fair

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
oh you poor thing ,i should have accepted your offer of a lift at least i would have got you back to bristol :- " i didnt go in the end :(

Oh Nicky that is awful, and I am surprised at the AA man not being nicer - he obviously didn't want to win new customers over, then.

It is so frightening to get lost, it's bad enough in the daytime, I would've been so scared at night (come to think of it, I did get lost in Newcastle earlier this year on my own and dusk was falling, I was trying to get back down to Whitby. In the end I stopped, looked at my map and found my way back to the A19 and the Tyne Tunnel but it meant I went miles out of my way, it was the only place I knew).

I was really worried at the time ... I now have sat nav and it is invaluable. Even if you take a wrong turning it knows where you are and will re-calculate for you! Ours is very bossy (we call her Sadie the Satellite Lady!) but my husband listens to her and believes whatever she says! :D :D and I have to say, so far she hasn't let us down.

Glad you got home safe in the end.

Gill

omg Nicky, that is some detour :eek: you poor thing :huggles: what a marathon drive!

well my legs are feeling it today iv been drained all day just lounging around ,i think even if i had a map it wouldnt have been much help im hopless and cant read them ,and most of the time i didnt know were i was even, as my other half was trying to help but i just didnt have a clue were i was ,maybe because i was so stressed out by this point i just wasnt thinking straight and as for stopping and asking strangers once it got dark i was to scared to as you never know these days :sweating: he was frantic so when i called him at the service staion the lady talked to him and promised they would get me home safe with direction "thank god for very nice station ladys :huggles: my other half wont let me go anywere far now until he gets me a sat nav :b iv been milking it thou ,hes been waiting on me hand and foot all day (w00t) WELL I AM STILL IN SHOCK you know :- " on a seriouse not it was the most terrifieing experience of my life :sweating:

glad u safe! (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
glad you got home nicky,you could have called to see me and my lot if i knew you was going to be in my area :- "

must have been a nightmare for you :(

my sat nav is called sadie :- " ........i have been known to shout at her when im panicking that she isnt gonna tell which way to go quick enough :- "

i think they should do them with a sexy mans voice, it would be so much more relaxing (w00t)

That was a bad experience (w00t) . Poor you! I think learning to drive in London helped steel my nerves about getting lost. I'd just think to myself...'what's the worst that can happen....you just pull over, get out the A-Z, turn around, and start again?'

8 hours driving, not really knowing where you were..... (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) . I'm not surprised you're lethargic today. :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back