The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Our turn for the close shave...

Caro Perry

Registered
Bryn Ffynnon Holiday Cottage Wales -TAFARN-Y-FEDW, Wales
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After Jasper's nasty experience it was our turn today.

Harri and I were walking along our usual cool and shady route and I was holding a Bristol gate open for him to follow me through when I spotted a husky and a husky cross heading towards us at high speed.

There was just something about them that I didn't like so I hopped back through the gate with Harri and slammed it shut.

The husky was so determined to get to Harri that he managed to squeeze under the gate and I was really worried. Although he didn't actually attack Harri at this point his body language was aggressive and I was worried that he'd suddenly "turn".

Luckily the owner then caught up ( in no great hurry I might say) and made a casual comment that the husky was a "nasty b*****r" and he wouldn't trust him an inch with other dogs or children.....

Lead then? And muzzle? It's a popular route for dog walkers and mothers with young children. I may not have been my usual polite self in my response!

Some people just make no sense at all in what they do. Let's hope these things do come in threes and Harri, Jasper and Folly have taken one for the team :emoji_face_palm:

Good grief some people dont have the sense they were born with... or the good manners. :mad:

Glad you all came to no harm- but what makes you still angry is that owners like this are the ones that get dogs banned from so many public spaces. They're helping to make it a worse world for dogs and the people who love them.:mad:

Grrr... you might as well take out a gun that's likely to go off unpredictably and wave it around in public :mad: It's good to hear that Harri wasn't hurt but he easily could have been.

Thats ridiculous, some people can be so stupid with their dogs, if you know that your dog isnt good with others then put it on a leash! It really annoys me. At least harri didn't get hurt thank goodness , but what about the next poor dog.

I'm glad that Harri and yourself managed to come away unharmed.

It's a horrible feeling when you just sense that there is something wrong and having a big dog charge towards you is not nice at all. Crazy owners.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back