The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Out Ferreting

mally

Mallyfieldwhippets.com
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well weve been out this morning for a couple of hours, We got rained off at lunchtime as the heavens opened we ended up with six rabbits and Tess did a good mornings work.

We decided to do a warren under an old stable block we did it first thing as it has concrete floors so we are unable to dig, if the ferrets kill we would have the rest of the day to get them back.

forum001.jpg

we surrounded the whole warren with longnets and had Tess ready as she's much quicker to the nets than i am :- "

forum002.jpg

We had to wait a while for the first to show, Tess had it covered

forum003.jpg

forum004.jpg

forum005.jpg

Tess caught this one it didn't even make the net

forum006.jpg

Another one hit the net as well and was held well

forum009.jpg

forum010.jpg

forum008.jpg

A couple bolted on steve's side and were quickly despatched

forum007.jpg

A few more pics of a day

forum011.jpg

forum012.jpg

forum014.jpg

forum017.jpg

The hard work is finally begining to pay off Tess is starting to look like a working whippet at last

forum015.jpg

A correctly set longnet with plenty of bagging

forum016.jpg

Tess looks great Mally, and she certainly seems to have done her job today :thumbsup:

nice pics mate and even nicer dog :thumbsup:

shes lovely all the best of :luck: with her

great pics there mate my little black bitch is two in march and has been joining me with the ferrets since she was five and an half months .shes like a old pro now . in my eyes you cant get better than whippets for the ferreting game .or maybe im just lucky ,i dont think so as your youngster seems to know her trade .good luck for the future . :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back