The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Out Lamping With Mark Brick

helsbels16

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well much to alot of your's surprise (as i know most of you said i wouldnt go!) me and Mark went out lamping last nite and dare i say it....it was a cracking nite!! lol :teehee:

Me and Brindle got to Marks at 11pm or a bit before and i had a nosey round at his new kennels (that are very posh, or at least will be). Mark decided to take Kat and Jess, so in the landrover we got and off we went. Me and Brindle have never lamped from a landrover before as ive always had my doubts about it, "how can you drive in a field with a landrover and not scare everything away", but these were bloody big fields and must be used to seeing Mark!! :thumbsup:

I didnt know how Brindle would work from the side of the landi as he has only ever run with a quad on the farm during the day and there is a big difference in running with the landi and walking on a slip, but i have to say i was very surprised, he took to it very well.

The dogs took turns, Kat and Jess worked together and Brindle worked on his own.....and i bloody worked with them all!! :lol: jumping in and out of the landi picking up rabbits every 2 minuets :lol: :lol:

Anyway it was a cracking nite like ive already said, poor brindle is no-where near as fit as he could be or as Marks dogs and he was absolutly knackared after a couple of fields (and it was bloody hot last nite for all the dogs), so i stopped him and left him in the back of the landi where he was happy to stay :wub: and we carried on with Kat and Jess for a little longer.

As most of you know me and Mark have never really seen eye to eye but i think, well hope that last nite we both seen a different side to each other and can now finally put our differences aside and enjoy a few nites of good hunting with our dogs. I have to be honest and eat my words (humble pie eating) but Marks dogs are a credit to him and are Craking little working dogs, i really enjoyed watching them last nite. And believe it or not, Mark is actually a decent guy :eek: ..... Ill have my payment in cash please mate! (only joking)

So here are a couple of pictures from the nite, about 3 hours and 42 rabbits......

101_0030-1.jpg

101_0029-1.jpg

payment in the post,lol

well i cant add a lot to that but the weather was warm and if it wasnt for looking for a water trough on the farm to keep the dogs wett we would of had a lot more,

brindle run well but didnt quiet know what he was letting himself in for the 1st field he ws let out and had a quick 5 rabbits in the bag by the gate he was wondering do i get a rest,lol

well helen i recon you worked harder then the dogs in and out all night but the night was fun,

kat and jess got 1 retreave for the farmer as he had been loosin a few chickens there and inbetween the dogs kept the rabbits down but like i said any time you feel like you want to have a night just text me or pm me on the huntin life lol opps sorry iam banned again,lol

i enjoyed the night and recon we where closer to the 2 hrs rabbiting so not a bad night and iam of tonight

Sounds like you had a great night :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

isnt the hunting life a crackin place doubled up summer bunnies,lol

kat and jess ran single more in the night then double i double now and again for a reason,lol

and summer rabbits????them rabbits where flyin and i just had a phone call of a farmer thanking me so much and offering to pay my diesal bill,lol wonder if farmers would let me on there land if i said sorry dont hunt in summer,lol as the idiots ona hunting site called huntin life said its naughty,lol

anyway russ are we on tonight to run kat and yours then straight to the track tomorrow to have that race you can pick your best dog even bring one of your heros iam up for it, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lamping in the summer :sweating:
what have you a problem with,

pest control in summer or

runing dogs in summer??????

and di that bloody picture.... you should of at least got my best side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and di that bloody picture.... you should of at least got my best side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a lot of rabbits still carrying young ones
so your problem iskilling rabbits in the summer???????

be it for pest control where there is crop damage or holes where horses are grazing,but bugger the horse falling down a rabbit hole and having to be destroyed or even a farmers income,your more bothered that them rabbits breed in the summer months,

well heres a fact for you slippy,

rabbits breed here 11 months of the year they cause so much damage its unbeleavable,We could shoot them like me and helen seen last night,shooters leaving them in the field after being shot,oh no we run them with our dogs the traditional way,lol keeps the dogs fit,keeps them and the ferrets fed and keeps us of these internet forums,

YOU WANT TO TRY IT SOME TIME,

be it for pest control where there is crop damage or holes where horses are grazing,but bugger the horse falling down a rabbit hole and having to be destroyed or even a farmers income,your more bothered that them rabbits breed in the summer months,

rabbits breed here 11 months of the year they cause so much damage its unbeleavable,We could shoot them like me and helen seen last night,shooters leaving them in the field after being shot,oh no we run them with our dogs the traditional way,lol keeps the dogs fit,keeps them and the ferrets fed and keeps us of these internet forums,

:thumbsup: :luck:

:eek:

isnt the hunting life a crackin place doubled up summer bunnies,lolkat and jess ran single more in the night then double i double now and again for a reason,lol

and summer rabbits????them rabbits where flyin and i just had a phone call of a farmer thanking me so much and offering to pay my diesal bill,lol wonder if farmers would let me on there land if i said sorry dont hunt in summer,lol as the idiots ona hunting site called huntin life said its naughty,lol

anyway russ are we on tonight to run kat and yours then straight to the track tomorrow to have that race you can pick your best dog even bring one of your heros iam up for it, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WELL RUSS MAYBE NEXT WEEK THEN HEY,LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek:
isnt the hunting life a crackin place doubled up summer bunnies,lolkat and jess ran single more in the night then double i double now and again for a reason,lol

WELL RUSS MAYBE NEXT WEEK THEN HEY,LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You and your challenges :lol: Chill out :D

i think i will hunt the winter rabbit :thumbsup:

I presume that these winter rabbits that you will be hunting will be on permission land, and if so, if the land owner requested that you thin out these rabbits in june/july you'll refuse his request and possibly lose your permission.

MILLY,

100% IAM A PEST CONTROLLER AS WELL WE CONTROL SOME 20000 CORNISH ACRES JEFF,I CANT SEE A FARMER AGREEING WITH ME IF I TOLD HIM

SORRY MR FARMER,

I CANT TAKE RABBITS IN THE MONTHS WITH NO R IN THEM AS INTERNET HUNTERS THINK ITS CRUEL,

HE WOULD SAY

WELL MR PEST CONTROLLER ,

WHAT ABOUT MY CROPS,MY HEDGES AND MY LIVESTOCK,SEE MY LAMBS WHERE BORN LATER THIS YR AND FOX CUBS WHERE CHASING THEM AROUND WHAT SHALL WE DO AS WE CANT UPSET THE KEYBOARD HUNTERS,

WELL MR BRICK YOUR SACKED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MILLY,100% IAM A PEST CONTROLLER AS WELL WE CONTROL SOME 20000 CORNISH ACRES JEFF,I CANT SEE A FARMER AGREEING WITH ME IF I TOLD HIM

SORRY MR FARMER,

I CANT TAKE RABBITS IN THE MONTHS WITH NO R IN THEM AS INTERNET HUNTERS THINK ITS CRUEL,

HE WOULD SAY

WELL MR PEST CONTROLLER ,

WHAT ABOUT MY CROPS,MY HEDGES AND MY LIVESTOCK,SEE MY LAMBS WHERE BORN LATER THIS YR AND FOX CUBS WHERE CHASING THEM AROUND WHAT SHALL WE DO AS WE CANT UPSET THE KEYBOARD HUNTERS,

WELL MR BRICK YOUR SACKED :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PMSL :lol:

I presume that these winter rabbits that you will be hunting will be on permission land, and if so, if the land owner requested that you thin out these rabbits in june/july you'll refuse his request and possibly lose your permission.
i dont need permission as i hunt my own land :thumbsup:

i dont need permission as i hunt my own land

are you bragging there slippy

people dont like show big heads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:and whats the above comment to do with summer rabbits???

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back