The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Out On Some New Permission Tonight Have A Look

irish pup

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Went out to some new permission tonight and the 1st field held 3 big hares,so i said why not.i onLy had the pup sam who 14months and this was his 1st ever run at these big fellas,so after the best course ive ever seen which lasted around 2 minutes here was the end result

01122007003.jpg

01122007007.jpg

01122007005.jpg

its such a big thing for me this fella is getting stuffed :cheers:

Does Sam not get annoyed that you have his bunny??

I can't even take my dogs toys off them!! :- "

Cracking big bun by the way lol 8)

x x >_<

nice hare there mate,hope you enjoy the meal,mark

Nice catch there, Sam :thumbsup:

Never see any hares around our way now :(

irish pup said:
Went out to some new permission tonight and the 1st field held 3 big hares,so i said why not.i onLy had the pup sam who 14months and this was his 1st ever run at these big fellas,so after the best course ive ever seen which lasted around 2 minutes here was the end result
01122007003.jpg

01122007007.jpg

01122007005.jpg

Why not indeed :lol: , brill pics, and thanks for putting em up

:cheers:

midlanderkeith said:
irish pup said:
01122007003.jpg

01122007007.jpg

01122007005.jpg

Why not indeed :lol: , brill pics, and thanks for putting em up

:cheers:

Illegal quarry here in the uk :- " and as a true country sportsman, i abide by the law

are you know :lol: would love to see what the bitch was chasing there

I could be being completely ignorant here but aren't hares quite scarce, would it not be better to hunt rabbits as they seem to be increasing in number. I speak from experience as I moved to a rural Cumbrian village four years ago. We have, very rarely, seen hares. But, whereas, there were NO rabbits here when we moved in there are now plenty of them.

I have never agreeed with fox hunting and my experience, at least in my area, perhaps proves that sometimes natures balance is a little squewed. I have only seen one fox in my time here. Yet we're being increasingly overrun wih rabbits. Why is there a drive to hunt a creature that is supposedly a scourge to farmers when, in my area at least, a fox or two would be damn well appreciated to reduce the numbers of toothy little critters around. (rabbits I mean, hares are much more beautful)

not here in ireland there not,there abundant around alot of the farms we have permission on and we take them on request from the farmers,as for rabbits our land is infested with them and i mean overrun,in one feild during summer walk we counted over 300 rabbits in one field about 5 acres in size,and dont talk to me about foxes when lamping we come across 10/30 a nite and most of the land is sheep and poultry land so do the math,but saying that we dont run foxes

regards ross

Last edited by a moderator:
irish pup said:
not here in ireland there not,there abundant around alot of the farms we have permission on and we take them on request from the farmers,as for rabbits our land is infested with them and i mean overrun,in one feild during  summer walk we counted over 300 rabbits in one field about 5 acres in size,and dont talk to me about foxes when lamping we come across 10/30 a nite and most of the land is sheep and poultry land so do the math,but saying that we dont run foxes
regards ross

, absolutely love this way of life i do, working my dog, ive had better working dogs in my lifetime, but she's game and a tuff little cookie, i remember having in my youth greyhondxwhippet by the name of Bob, plus a manchester terrier called fagin :lol: , not exactly my dogs but friends, never the less they practically lived with me, i gave em the stimulation they needed and in return gave me many hrs of true canine friendship, but what a team, we took everything i remember poaching on holcombe hunt property with em, next min surrounded by the coppers and landowner, i hid under this chicken cote fer hrs, :lol: , goodness me cud i write a book, good memories, i often look back, as for today, its just me and my whippy, she loves it that much, as soon as she sees me getting my boots on, thats it, she quivers as though she's been raised on a shivering t*t, in excitement and anticipation, and so do i not knowing wot the days ventures will bring, earlier this year, i witnessed summat, cracked me up :lol:

as you know some not all bunnies blart like new born babies when copped, well this here day, jill copped one, and sure enough, the bugger give it what for, next min out the hedgerows out jumped this fox, and took the bunny right out of my mates chops.

Many a night i wake in the wee small hrs and my brain is tickin over so up i get, dont always take my dog with me, cos i find great stimulation of my mind, most theraputic, to just sit and watch, badgers, and foxes at play, in some of the most awkward damn places, over fencing, jumping rivers, on all fours, well worth it

keith :cheers:

midlanderkeith said:
irish pup said:
not here in ireland there not,there abundant around alot of the farms we have permission on and we take them on request from the farmers,as for rabbits our land is infested with them and i mean overrun,in one feild during  summer walk we counted over 300 rabbits in one field about 5 acres in size,and dont talk to me about foxes when lamping we come across 10/30 a nite and most of the land is sheep and poultry land so do the math,but saying that we dont run foxes
regards ross

, absolutely love this way of life i do, working my dog, ive had better working dogs in my lifetime, but she's game and a tuff little cookie, i remember having in my youth greyhondxwhippet by the name of Bob, plus a manchester terrier called fagin :lol: , not exactly my dogs but friends, never the less they practically lived with me, i gave em the stimulation they needed and in return gave me many hrs of true canine friendship, but what a team, we took everything i remember poaching on holcombe hunt property with em, next min surrounded by the coppers and landowner, i hid under this chicken cote fer hrs, :lol: , goodness me cud i write a book, good memories, i often look back, as for today, its just me and my whippy, she loves it that much, as soon as she sees me getting my boots on, thats it, she quivers as though she's been raised on a shivering t*t, in excitement and anticipation, and so do i not knowing wot the days ventures will bring, earlier this year, i witnessed summat, cracked me up :lol:

as you know some not all bunnies blart like new born babies when copped, well this here day, jill copped one, and sure enough, the bugger give it what for, next min out the hedgerows out jumped this fox, and took the bunny right out of my mates chops.

Many a night i wake in the wee small hrs and my brain is tickin over so up i get, dont always take my dog with me, cos i find great stimulation of my mind, most theraputic, to just sit and watch, badgers, and foxes at play, in some of the most awkward damn places, over fencing, jumping rivers, on all fours, well worth it

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: holcombe hunt land used to be full of hares over brindle and the keepers dont like people on there :D i grew up poaching there area,mark

markbrick said:
midlanderkeith said:
irish pup said:
regards ross

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: holcombe hunt land used to be full of hares over brindle and the keepers dont like people on there :D i grew up poaching there area,mark

:lol: ive actually been beaten up by some of those keepers my mate, then slung into a stinking lodge

no need to poach over here as most landowners andfamers will give permission once you have the manners to go and ask 1st,as i said ive permission on bout 20 farms and most i dont have time to hunt once a year :)) ,

the same nite we got that hare i could have raced another 5 or 6 but i didnt i called it enough at 1 so im not out to kill everthing i enjoy all aspects of live and the countryside like most of ye

kind regards

irish pup said:
no need to poach over here as most landowners andfamers will give permission once you have the manners to go and ask 1st,as i said ive permission on bout 20 farms and most i dont have time to hunt once a year :)) ,
the same nite we got that hare i could have raced another 5 or 6 but i didnt i called it enough at 1 so im not out to kill everthing i enjoy all aspects of live and the countryside like most of ye

kind regards

same down here i have loads of permission,farmers ask you to go on,good words spread quick,but brindle in lancashire and other areas around there you would never get permission on i went up there 2 weeks ago and got caught poaching are should i say walking my dogs,i was the best man for the farmer in 85 and the farmers ok but its the syndicate,when did you get caught keith and do you live around there as i come from a little place called whittle le woods

markbrick said:
irish pup said:

kind regards

same down here i have loads of permission,farmers ask you to go on,good words spread quick,but brindle in lancashire and other areas around there you would never get permission on i went up there 2 weeks ago and got caught poaching are should i say walking my dogs,i was the best man for the farmer in 85 and the farmers ok but its the syndicate,when did you get caught keith and do you live around there as i come from a little place called whittle le woods

What year u mean, pmsl, are u ready fer this, me thinks around 1960, i would have been bout 16 then, god thats taxed my bloody brain fathoming that one out :lol: , whittle le woods is that the Chorley area, i originate from Walkden nr Farnworth Bolton area, my body is is now in Stoke on Trent, as for my mind :- "

regards

keith bestest damn poacher going

good to see dogs doing what they were bred for,as for sticking to rabbits,where do these people come from :clown:

midlanderkeith said:
markbrick said:
irish pup said:

kind regards

What year u mean, pmsl, are u ready fer this, me thinks around 1960, i would have been bout 16 then, god thats taxed my bloody brain fathoming that one out :lol: , whittle le woods is that the Chorley area, i originate from Walkden nr Farnworth Bolton area, my body is is now in Stoke on Trent, as for my mind :- "

regards

keith bestest damn poacher going

yr you got caught by keepers around brindle :thumbsup: also i used to hunt every weekend around cheadle thats near you, every sunday for 3 yrs 78 to 81,mark

N.V.1966 said:
good to see dogs doing what they were bred for,as for sticking to rabbits,where do these people come from :clown:
you only get em on here if its not a plastic bag its cruel :D :D mark

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back