The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Oxfordshire Walk Anyone?

Goodness...that was quite some gathering. Looks like all the dogs had a fun time. Great pictures... :thumbsup:

Great pictures - lovely to see Mabel in her new red coat and some nice ones of Tally in there too. :wub: :wub: :wub: That silhouette picture with all the hair standing on end is fabulous - deserves to go in a photo competition, definitely. :thumbsup:

Olivia, did you really keep an eye on 3 dogs AND carry Esme round the whole way - you deserve a medal!! :cheers: Shame about your pics, that must have been so disappointing. :(

Hope to be there next time. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant pics :cheers: (I am sooooooooo irritated about mine :rant: )

I have to admit that I hardly carried Esme at all, she walked most of the way herself, but she did have a wonderful lift from Sharon who she adored (well she actually went to sleep rather than squirming and squawking like she does when anyone else carries her)

fantastic pikkies :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

looks like a good day was had by all :wub: :wub: :wub:

It was a really enjoyable walk. Zeb had to have a bath when we got back as he rolled in goose poo at 1 point.

Hope Zeb didnt hard TC's whippet to much and he sends a big wet kiss to say sorry. :*

Olivia we will have to do it again, and it was nice to meet you all.

sharron and zeb

Lovely photo's :thumbsup: Looks like everyone had a really great time :D

What a lovely day! Had a great time, and so did the dogs.

I can't believe I have never been to Port Meadow before :oops: - it is absolutely beautiful- and so safe for the dogs.

My lot are absolutely shattered now, haven't seen Normie or Mabel for hours. I had to take the others out for a walk when I got home, so I'm feeling knackered as well now! :lol:

I would love to have seen the faces of the people on the opposite bank when a mad Iggie forgot to stop chasing the ducks at the edge and fell into the river! He just suddenly disappeared and then popped back up very embarrassed and wet! :oops:

It was lovely to see 20 dogs all running about together having fun and getting on with each other, and really nice to meet up with everyone.

Here's to the next one! :cheers:

Liz and the Monellis

P.S. Thanks for the fantastic photos- but I can't see about the last 5 or 6- just a red cross in the corner!

could not agree more with you liz,

iggie must of been abit funny to see disappearing into the water,it looked funny from our side.

Port meadow is such a nice place, thinking about going with the kids when it nicer weather!

Funny Zeb was quite most of the way, But barked all the way home.

You can see when both dogs hit each other in pic 8. (sorry i fill so bad :'( )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments on the photos. Shame they all had to have their coats on - they really don't look at their most elegant, and I think they don't do as much running with coats on. Maybe next time it won't be so Siberian out there (Port Meadow is always several degrees colder.)

On the other hand it would have been a lot busier if the weather had been any nicer!

Alfie - if you can't see the pictures here are the direct links:

Mabel & Josephine

mabel

Norman

Thanks for the pics- they are lovely! :thumbsup:

Liz

Great photos :thumbsup: Looks like dogs and owners had a great day out, it's so nice to see all the dogs running and having fun :thumbsup:

Love Mabels coat, what a pretty girl she is :wub: love her name too, Mabel was on my short list when we were getting Evie.

Julie

Glad you all had a great time. What lovely weather you had...and some lovely photos to boot! Can't resist going back to them and admiring all those lovely whippets, lurchers and Iggie.

What i really want to know is, what are you all looking at in post no.60, 7th photo down?

I think I agree that Tally managed to beat all the whippets in the photo competition. I have put a bigger photo online

tallys pic

I think the photo with everyone looking in the same direction was when people were looking at the lock rebuilding works or something

Actually that was when Mabel nearly caught her supper (w00t) One duck left it a bit too late to take to the water :- "

Superb photos - what a lovely place to walk. :wub: :wub: Looks as though you all had a brilliant day. Isn't it great that so many dogs that don't know one another get on so well. :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Wow! Great day out you all had :thumbsup: There are some snazzy canine coats there :)

Brilliant pics!! Funny how Rupert has managed to get in most of them!!! (Would you mind James if I used them on my website?)

It was a wonderful walk but it nearly did for my poor Frankie!! He was out for count when he got home and could hardly stagger when he got up for his tea after I had walked the 2nd lot ..................... you' re not the only one Alfie who had to go out again!

Poor boy was not much better today, really stiff out on his walk and I made Millie bring her 3 round to walk with my lot after we got back from her judging stint!! Frankie's face was a picture when he saw them all belting around again like things possessed!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back