The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Parvo

BornToHunt

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just gotten back from the vets tonite with bow, this past few days he has had the runs, with some blood, and been just not himself so took him to the vet tonite, thinking he had eaten something he shouldnt have.

Vet has told me that he suspects Parvo in him, so given him jab of parvo formula, and anti-biotics. and told me to get some electrolite into him tonite as its crucial to keep up his fluid intake.

back to vet tomorrow nite with the other 2 dogs, then back to vet with bow

any advice would be appreciated ?

and anyone in my area beware its going round

WE HAD BOTH OUR ROTTIES CONTRACT PARVO AS PUPS I WOULD INSIST THE VET GET HIM ON A FLUID AND ANTIBIOTIC DRIP ASAP I WAS TOLD MINE WOULD NOT HAVE MADE IT TO THE NEXT DAY HAD I NOT GOT THEM THERE WHEN I DID. BOTH MADE A FULL RECOVERY. BUT MY CREDIT CARD WAS £1400 WORSE OFF OUCH!!! GOOD LUCK :luck: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oh what a shame,its bloody awful parvo,your vet should have kept your poor dog and put him on a drip.Well thats what they do here,i have lost 2 pups to parvo,i wouldnt wish it on any dog,looks like you got it in time,i have seen adult dogs go within 4 days,once they have all pulled through use some jeyes fluid all over the out doors it helps kill it.But the vet should give you some disinfectant used especialy for killing the parvo virus in your yard or garden.You can use it on the kitchen floor as well good luck my heart goes out to you.Keep us updated please. :luck:

I'm so sorry to hear this kev :( Parvo is a truly wicked disease. I'm afraid I have no real advise apart from to keep bow warm and get as much fluid into him as possible.

Am thinking of you and bow and sending you all the good vibes I can muster. Anything I can do, please let me know :luck:

thanks for the comments and wishes..

have just been to give him another drink of electrolite, and the change isnt good so first thing tomorrow im off to the vets again with him :(

:( sorry to hear about Bow kev :( hope he will be out there on the chase again soon :thumbsup: :luck: sending luck and healing thoughts his way :luck: :)

mick

Sorry to hear about Bow, Kev...lots of positive thoughts coming his way :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

sorry kev to hear about bow sending lots of positive thoughts :huggles:

Havn't your dogs been vaccinated against parvo Kevin???

all the best at the vets today with bow kevin :thumbsup:

mally said:

yeah they been vacinated but the vacine dont stop the virus, it just lowers the chances of them getting it. plus ther is a few different strains of it.

just checked the kennel i have bow in and he has been drinking a little during the nite, aswell as the fluids i have been syringing into him, am of the the vet with him at 9am

flynn is showing signs of the virus now aswell so straight home and back to the vet again with him

will keep you posted

BornToHunt said:
mally said:

yeah they been vacinated but the vacine dont stop the virus, it just lowers the chances of them getting it. plus ther is a few different strains of it.

just checked the kennel i have bow in and he has been drinking a little during the nite, aswell as the fluids i have been syringing into him, am of the the vet with him at 9am

flynn is showing signs of the virus now aswell so straight home and back to the vet again with him

will keep you posted

Goodluck at the vets kevin.

[SIZE=21pt]good luck at the vets hope your dogs, are ok[/SIZE]

unfortunately parvo can lie dormant in the ground for a long time ask your vet if he could reccomend anything to put where your dogs are :luck:

(w00t) the best thing to kill anything is hyper cloride you get it from a farm supplies.its a very strong bleach as most of the disenfectents aren't strong enough.hope bow gets better soon :luck:

thanks for the advice, im just back from the vets with some intensive anti-biotics, the vet i seen today is a lot better than the one i seen last nite,

he has given me instruction to keep putting fluid into him everyhour, feed him a little tuna often and to keep an eye on his motions. has given him a 50/50 chance and the next 5 days are critical

have been cleaning everythign twice once with industrial bleach and the second time with black disenfectant.

will keep you posted

[SIZE=21pt]good luck and wish you my very best wishes, hope your dogs get through this :luck: [/SIZE]

im soory to hear this terrible news kev, healing thouhts coming ur way. parvo is a truly terrible virus we had a dog die from it. i really hope urs will make a full and speedy recovery

Just keep doing what you are doing kev, your doing great!! If you need anymore advice just give me another call.

He's a strong dog in his prime and i'm sure he will fight it all the way.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back