The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pennymeadow Lure Coursing Cup

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Looking forward to this,coming up and camping for few nights. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Ok Ladys and Gentlemen,

I am now in a possition to officialy name our Slipper for the event on the 25th November.

The Slipper will be Mr Aaron Atmore, those into coursing will know Arron (for any who dont) He is rated the Top slipper in the UK/Ierland and Europe he was the slipper at the Waterloo Cup and slipped at the very last waterloo cup meeting he also slipped at the Millenium coursing Meeting in 2000 as well as many other top Greyhound coursing meetings in the UK/Ireland.

i'm still waiting for confermation of the Judge at this moment but expect to hear later today.

PRIZES. (so far)

The Main Stake Winner will recieve

The Pennymeadow Cup (to keep) Kindly sponsored by Jeff Hutchings,

A new dog coat Kindly sponsored by Northolm Supplies.

A crate of Beer Kindly Donnated by Sparky.

and a large cash prize (amount to be confirmed by sponsore)

Runner Up will recieve

a Dog Coat Kindly Donnated by Northolm Supplies.

Cash Prize (Amount TBC)

Consolation Winner

The Pennymeadow Cup Kindly sponsored by Jeff Hutchings,

A new dog coat Kindly sponsored by Northolm Supplies

Consolation Runner Up

Dog Coat Kindly sponsored by Northolm supplies

Course of the day

the course which in the opinion of the judge was the best single course in the day each owner recieves a dog statue kindly donnated by Mark & Paula Roberts.

I still have a number of runners who have offored sponsorship so more prizes may be added in the near future.

there will also be a raffle of the day.

Please get entrys in early as places are being taken up fast and unfortunatly its not going to be possible to extend it to more than 32 dogs.

To answer a few questions i've been asked by owners entering.

All dogs will run from slips wearing a red or white collar which is determind by the draw/programme,

any dog known to be less than genuine will be asked to run muzzled but safe dogs wont need to wear a muzzle, if during a meeting a dog does show any agression it may be asked to wear a muzzle for the remaining runs it may have.

in the event of dogs running in the wronge colours the result will stand.

the judges deccision is final and no owner should approch the judge to question and result.

Last edited by a moderator:
hope you get my entries.... sent them last week but i guess they will be stuck in the post strike somewhere! :rant:

hope you get my entries.... sent them last week but i guess they will be stuck in the post strike somewhere
Yours isnt the only 1 stuck in post Sarah (i've entered you though as I think you can be trusted? :sweating: )

Had a call last night to say we should hear later today about who the judge is.

the delay is due to the fact that Aaron asked if he could arrange for the judge which we agreed to so the judge will be Aarons choice and will have no connection in anyway to the organisers of this event.

hope you get my entries.... sent them last week but i guess they will be stuck in the post strike somewhere!
it's a shame we never see each other cos you could of given me them in person :- "

take the new passport photos Saturday (remind me)

yeh.... i know could have handed them to you but thought would post them and get them to you a day or so quicker. forgot bout the strikes! :clown:

A big thank you to Patrick (Masta) for arranging the cash prize which will be £100 to the Winner of the main Final.

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

I'm pleased to now be able to announce that the judge for this event will be.

Jude Scott (National Coursing Club liscenced Judge)

Sparky, Andy says he drinks John Smiths smooth :thumbsup: :- "

With a bit of luck the Lynperry lads will get a chance to run together after all :D

*Lesley* said:
Sparky, Andy says he drinks John Smiths smooth :thumbsup:   :- "
With a bit of luck the Lynperry lads will get a chance to run together after all :D

hi lesley. they probably will get drawn together again.. :thumbsup:

tell andy john smiths is too dear and the crate will be some aldi 1.2% special :)

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Ok Ladys and Gentlemen,

Things are coming together nicely for the biggest lure coursing the north of England has ever seen, A big thank you to everyone who has offord sponsorship for this meeting those making the finals are going to be going away with some very nice rewards for the dogs efforts.

CONFIRMED OFFICIALS

Slipper ~ Mr Aaron Atmore, (N.C.C Liscenced Slipper)

Judge ~ Jude Scott (N.C.C Liscenced Judge)

Lure Operator ~ Mr M Roberts & Mr P Hawkins.

Slip Steward ~ Mr Jeff Hutchings & Mr Rod Gaunt

The Main Stake Winner will recieve

The Pennymeadow Cup (to keep) Kindly sponsored by Jeff Hutchings,

A crate of Beer Kindly Donnated by Sparky.

£100 cash prize Kindly Donnated by RELIANCE MEDICLE Group (arranged by Masta)

Main Final Runner Up will recieve

a Dog Coat Kindly Donnated by Northolm Supplies.

£50 Cash Prize Donnated by Mark & Paula Roberts.

Consolation Final Winner

The Pennymeadow Cup Kindly sponsored by Jeff Hutchings,

£50 Cash Prize Kindly Donnated by Jeff Hutchings.

Consolation Runner Up

Dog Coat Kindly sponsored by Northolm supplies

£25 Cash Prize Kindly Donnated by Andy & Lesley Smith.

Please get entrys in early as places are being taken up fast and unfortunatly its not going to be possible to extend it to more than 32 dogs.

As always we aim to run this meetings as we always run the lure coursing meetings in a relaxed freindly atmosphere.

You forgot the FREE BBQ, :angry: we"ll supply the food all you have to do is come and enter and eat it. :cheers:

I hear on the grapevine (would of been by post had they not been on strike) that we will be having some raiders coming up from the South to try and steal the spoils.

just need a welsh & scottish entry now and we'd be covering most of the UK.

Mark Roberts said:
I hear on the grapevine (would of been by post had they not been on strike) that we will be having some raiders coming up from the South to try and steal the spoils.
just need a welsh & scottish entry now and we'd be covering most of the UK.

4 southern dogs were booked in last night so we will look forward to welcoming them to the North :cheers:

wow (w00t) this is gonna be some event, :thumbsup:

if my entries don't get there in time i'm still coming to cheer you on :cheers: :thumbsup: (and for the BBQ of course) ;)

beaker said:
wow  (w00t) this is gonna be some event,  :thumbsup:
if my entries don't get there in time i'm still coming to cheer you on  :cheers:   :thumbsup: (and for the BBQ of course)  ;)

Im sure otis won't want to miss this for anything & as you know the BBQ is always a great one :thumbsup:

if my entries don't get there in time i'm still coming to cheer you on
well you can always ring me and enter :- "

4 southern dogs were booked in last night so we will look forward to welcoming them to the North
are 2 of those Lampys :- " (come on Lampy you know it makes sense if it helps well hcp the Lancashire dogs for you :p )

are 2 of those Lampys (come on Lampy you know it makes sense if it helps well hcp the Lancashire dogs for you

No but two of his club members Tony Dent & Darren Young are entering & Andrea Barr will be informing all her members who don't have internet access of the Ultimate Lure Coursing event.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back