The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Phantom Pregnancy..high Temperature

sallytilly

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi, we have six lurchers 2 dogs and 4 bitches ranging from 6 years to 18 months and we have never come across this phantom pregnancy untill today..our rescue bitch pippa that is approx 5/6 years old has a very high temperature and is very lethargic, i thought this was caused through a fox bite that she got on sunday night so i took her to the vets this morning and he diagnosed phantom pregnancy and some other infection causing the high temp but didnt know what this was, he prescribed antibiotics and said to bring her back in 24 hours if she was no better. can anyone give me a little information on this please.. thanks, a very worried pippas mum x :(

hi val,nice having a chat via pm :thumbsup: hope all goes well for pippa :huggles:

trish g said:
hi val,nice having a chat via pm :thumbsup:   hope all goes well for pippa :huggles:
i hope so too, when my dogs feel poorly i feel helpless. thanks for taking time to reply. x :thumbsup:

if this bitch was in season recently id be looking at pyrometra as a possible infection. :( raised temperature........... is she drinking a lot?any dishcarge?

sounds very much like the onset of pyometra would reccomend a visit back to vet ASAP to be on the safe side

I agree with Kris and Linda - sounds very like Pyometra. Even if there's no discharge it could be a closed Pyo, which is actually more dangerous - I'm surprised the vet didn't mention it - I'd go back ASAP :thumbsup:

sallytilly said:
hi, we have six lurchers 2 dogs and 4 bitches ranging from 6 years to 18 months and we have never come across this phantom pregnancy untill today..our rescue bitch pippa that is approx 5/6 years old has a very high temperature and is very lethargic, i thought this was caused through a fox bite that she got on sunday night so i took her to the vets this morning and he diagnosed phantom pregnancy and some other infection causing the high temp but didnt know what this was, he prescribed antibiotics and said to bring her back in 24 hours if she was no better. can anyone give me a little information on this please.. thanks, a very worried pippas mum x :(
Hi Val,

Felt so sorry for you on the phone,i know how special Pipsi is to you!! :wub: Let me know what the vet says today,sometimes really wish you lived a bit nearer!!

Amandaxxx :huggles:

June Jonigk said:
I agree with Kris and Linda - sounds very like Pyometra.  Even if there's no discharge it could be a closed Pyo, which is actually more dangerous - I'm surprised the vet didn't mention it - I'd go back ASAP :thumbsup:
better still I think I would change vets

weathergirls said:
June Jonigk said:
I agree with Kris and Linda - sounds very like Pyometra.  Even if there's no discharge it could be a closed Pyo, which is actually more dangerous - I'm surprised the vet didn't mention it - I'd go back ASAP :thumbsup:
better still I think I would change vets

I agree it is one of the obvious problems with those symptoms - unless he didn't say what he thought, so as not to cause worry - but I would sure want to know

sallytilly said:
Hi,

I spoke to Val yesterday,and it looks like Pippa has septacemia.She is in the vets,and the blood tests come back today.Val rescued Pippa,and she is very spe cial.She was very upset yesterday,and we all have our fingers crossed for Pippa and Val,Andy,Ryan and Emmie.They have had a bad few months with injured dogs,but they would do anything for them.

Amandaxx :huggles:

sallytilly said:
Good news!!Pippa comes home today.She is being treated for septacemia,and is not out the woods yet.She has been sent home with lots of antbiotics.Val is just so happy to have her home.I am sure with Vals tlc,she will make a full recovery.

Amandaxx :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

finleyfoofoo said:
sallytilly said:
Good news!!Pippa comes home today.She is being treated for septacemia,and is not out the woods yet.She has been sent home with lots of antbiotics.Val is just so happy to have her home.I am sure with Vals tlc,she will make a full recovery.

thanks for your support amanda.. pippa is still not well.. not eating properly and still very hot and not very mobile.. i am just keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics will kick in and she will be ok.. i just have to look in her eyes and i know she feels like crap.. its so distressing . anyway thanks to everyone who took the time to reply and me or amanda will keep you posted. thanks again. valerie xx :(

sallytilly said:
finleyfoofoo said:
sallytilly said:

thanks for your support amanda.. pippa is still not well.. not eating properly and still very hot and not very mobile.. i am just keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics will kick in and she will be ok.. i just have to look in her eyes and i know she feels like crap.. its so distressing . anyway thanks to everyone who took the time to reply and me or amanda will keep you posted. thanks again. valerie xx :(

Hiya Val,

She is in the best hands!!YOURS.She will be good as new now that she is back home where she belongs.You have an excuse to spoil her now,not that you needed one before!!You are a great friend,and we have been hoping Pippa would make it.

Speak to you soon.

Amandaxxxx :huggles:

aww poor pipa she doesnt sound like a very well girl sending her lots of gentle :huggles: :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back