The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Photography Tip's For K9ers

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Do you mean like this?

interesting.png

milly said:
Do you mean like this?

Yup! much more interesting than if the figure had been bang in the middle :thumbsup:

Cant find the cloud thread,so here's my pennie's worth.

ALLMYPIXFROMOTHERPC105.jpg

ALLMYPIXFROMOTHERPC084.jpg

ALLMYPIXFROMOTHERPC097.jpg

OK, for us idiots who can't fathom out how to post photos

step 1 ????

step 2 ???

PLEEESE

Lyn

nanscamp said:
OK, for us idiots who can't fathom out how to post photos
step 1 ????

step 2 ???

PLEEESE

Lyn

1. Go to photobucket set up an account and download your pics :thumbsup: ( I resize mine and name them 1,2,3... before downloading as its quicker and easier later on )

2. Once you've downloaded your pics resize them to 650 pixels wide using the resize button above your photo :thumbsup:

3.Under your photos you'll see 3 or four little boxes with writing in them :) you want the one that has this [img/] at the start of it :) highlight the text in the box on your first photo and copy it ( Ctrl+C ) :thumbsup:

4. Come back to K.9 and start new post, now paste the link that you copied from photobucket ( Ctrl+V ) into your post it will just appear as writing in the post :thumbsup: then go to the bottom of the post and push the preview button and your picture should show up in the preview post :thumbsup:

5. If you want to post multiple photos just paste the link again under the first one ( I usually leave two lines in between ) now as you've been good and followed the earlier instructions and named your photos 1,2,3.. you can just go down the list of links and change the number :thumbsup: now press preview and all your photos should show up :thumbsup:

I think the maximum is about 9 photos in one post :thumbsup:

Hope that makes sense :b

I don't think you need an expensive camera either :thumbsup: get to know the camera you've got really well, figure out what every setting on it does and use them :thumbsup: the camera we use is £119 so not expensive :)

Cheers

Steve

urchin said:
Consider the Golden Section when composing your shots.
That's very true, but actually something to think about when cropping your image more than when composing the photo (unless it is a landscape and you have plenty of time to think about your shot). When doing action photography for instance, the main subject really needs to be in the centre to ensure sharp focus, even if you later edit the photo with a more dramatic crop. Speaking as a graphic designer, if I'm buying stock photography I always look for uncropped images that show the object or scene in full, even though I may be fairly radical with how crop it later ;)

The one thing that will really help with improving the quality of most photos is to take them in raw format, rather than jpeg, and to edit them still in raw within Photoshop; this means you can do a LOT to improve exposure, contrast, colour correction etc without degrading the image at all, as inevitably happens when you fiddle with these things after it has been converted to a jpeg or similar image format.

Raw format isn't as useful for action photography unfortunately, as these files do not save as quickly to disk as jpegs, and take up more space; still working on this one :sweating:

This is only the case for images from digital SLRs, but I think most people have them now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing when taking animal photographs is always try to be a the level of the animal rather than standing above it; always crouch down to their eye level (though beware as you can end up with a friendly nose leaving a smudge on your lens :lol: )

Some good tips there Elizabeth, Must admit I gave up on RAW for action shots a while back as they were writing too slow even with extreme IV cards. I keep meaning to get stuck into it though as I have CS2 on PC doing nothing.

I'd love there to be a photography section on here with a photoshop tutorial section because I think you'd have a wealth of knowledge to share with us all on improving our photos. :thumbsup:

~elizabeth~ said:
Another thing when taking animal photographs is always try to be a the level of the animal rather than standing above it; always crouch down to their eye level (though beware as you can end up with a friendly nose leaving a smudge on your lens  :lol: )
And you could also end up,awakening in a hospital bed,if you're crouching down so low,that you get clobbered by a 70lb greyhound,and left out cold.Beleive me.It happen's. Thank's for those tip's,Elizabeth. Ihavent got round to giving RAW a go yet.But when i think i can handle it,and have learned all i can about my camera,then i will surely give it a try. ...Billy...

And you could also end up,awakening in a hospital bed,if you're crouching down so low,that you get clobbered by a 70lb greyhound,and left out cold.Beleive me.It happen's.

Why billy has it ever happened to you :wacko:

Deirdre :p

billyboy45 said:
And you could also end up,awakening in a hospital bed...that you get clobbered by a 70lb greyhound,and left out cold.Beleive me.It happen's. 
That's why i stick to whippets ;)

I use the full version of photoshop as it's the main thing I use for work, but I think Photoshop Elements is available for a lot less (around £70) and comes with a plug-in that allows you to open images in raw format.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back