The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Places U'd like to see?...

leashedForLife

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register

I just saw a delightful video-tour of Stoughton, Wisc - a small town with a strong ethnic history of Norwegian & German settlers, where lutefisk is an annual event, rosemaling is seen in many places, & virtually every business, downtown, is owned by an "____son"... son of John, son of Ol, son of Wil, son of some man... LOL. // I'd love to open a boutique there & name it "Katrinsdotter". ;)

Around The Corner with John McGivern: Stoughton | N.S.E.W. (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST)

the unforgettable detail -
see their gorgeous City Hall / library / city auditorium / opera hall, all in one building on Main st - Circa 1900; the auditorium still has the original hand-made wooden seats that fold up, each with a wire hat-rack beneath the seat, to hold the brim of an upside-down chapeau. :)
[the wire racks, i will add, are designed for men's hats - narrow brimmed fedoras, derbies, pork-pies, etc; not for ladies' hats, despite the fact that "respectable" women wore hats in public in the USA into the mid-1960s. :rolleyes: Women kept their hats on, indoors - men doffed them.]
The drop-cloth on the main stage is a fantastic hand-painted oilcloth with local businesses, etc, edging the banner in small framed medallions, as a form of low-key advertisement.

Their auditorium & stage have hosted vaudeville, movies, live theatre, political speeches, temperance meetings, union activists, suffragists, local musicians, school plays, spelling contests, & every imaginable public event that doesn't require a church.

cobalt is the current paint shade - French blue was the previous incarnation.

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.33.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.33.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.34.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 2.35.17 PM.png

heartbreaker:
At Their Lowest Point, Music Lifts Up Harmonious Wail

Is there something U'd love to see, in person?...
- terry

I hope one day I can go to New Zealand, i just want to see the actual footage of Lord of the Ring film, especially the shire or the Frodo home

I would adore to see the land of the strays in Costa Rica.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back