The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Poor Toby

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Poor poor Toby :( Big hugs and kisses from my girls :huggles: and well done Buffy and Merlin for being suchlittle angels o:) thye must have been jolly scared too

Thank you all for your kind words, Toby has been crying off and on - mostly when Im not cuddling him :- " , and he wont walk on the poorly leg, but he has eaten and had a cup of warm milk, the poor lamb, I feel so sorry for him, and Merlin and Buffy have had lots of treats for their kindness :wub: :thumbsup:

Oh poor Toby get better soon. And Buffy and my Merlin what little superstars.

lots and lots of love kisses and licks from Sheelagh, Colin, Lou Lou, Sam, Zig Zag, Angel, Khan, Dexter, Tigger, Stripes, Daisy and Noddles

:cheers: Heres to a speedy recovery :cheers:

TO TOBY'S MUM

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT YOUR POOR BABY TOBY! MY GOOD WISHES GO TO YOU AND TO MERLIN FOR BEING BRAVE AND HELPFUL TO YOU, AND TO POOR TOBY WHO ACTED VERY BRAVELY.

THE PHOTOS ARE LOVELY. HOPE TOBY RECOVERS VERY QUICKLY FOR YOU AND IS NOT IN TOO MUCH PAIN.

HEARING ABOUT ALL THOSE KIND PEOPLE WHO HELPED YOU, EVEN THE TWO CHAPS WHO DELIVERED YOUR CAR TO THE VET MADE ME REALISE THAT THERE ARE STILL SOME LOVELY PEOPLE AROUND EVEN THO' WE HEAR ABOUT THE BAD ONES SO MUCH.

GOOD LUCK

KIM

Poor Toby!! Get well soon! :huggles:

Hope your Mum's recovered from the fright and cuddles to Buffy and Merlin for being so good! :huggles:

Really impressed with all the help you got from strangers, nice to know there's good souls out there.

Get well soon Toby and well done and thank's to those who helped Jill out.

Well what a different boy this morning, full of the joys of spring (w00t) Just doesnt understamd why we arent going out fore a walk :( Off to the vets later to have a check up, but Im sure he'll be fine, what a brave little soldier :wub:

Toby wanted me to say thank you to everyone for their concern and good wishes, and I will be taking a huge box of choccies to the fantastic guys who helped me :thumbsup:

What a brave wee man he is :thumbsup: ,,he must take it after mum as his dad is a wimp (w00t) . Hope he is fine at the vet's :thumbsup:

omg, what a dramatic event! Thank goodness everyone helped you and got you to the vet's so quickly. Poor Toby :wub: Get well soon :luck:

:( :( Poor poor toby. So sorry I missed this thread. :( :(

Thank goodness for the kind people at the golf course and of course the vet. :)

:huggles: To Merlin and Buffy for looking after him.

:wub: :wub: From Aunty Linda, Uncle Ans, Cousin Jenna and wee sis Macey and big bruv Byron :wub: :wub:

Get well soon Toby Toes :huggles: :huggles:

Big cuddles Jill from me xxxxxxxxx

So pleased Toby is on the mend again after his scary day yesterday.

lots of :huggles: :huggles: to the brave little man and his trusty band of canine nurses! :thumbsup: :huggles: :thumbsup: :wub:

Sorry I missed this thread yesterday :(

But hoping poor Toby makes a very speedy recovery :thumbsup:

Thank goodness that there were some very helpful people about :)

:wub: Sending lots of love to Toby :wub: and I'm sure you're VERY proud of Buffy & Merlin :huggles:

buffyrannoch said:
After a lovely walk in the woods this afternoon we were about five minutes away from the car and I noticed blood on Merlins head, but on closer inspection it wasnt Merlin who was hurt but my little baby Toby, his leg was just covered in blood and it was pouring down his leg  :(   He had severed a vein.  I quickly applied pressure, picked him up and started ruuning towards the car, but as an overprotective mum that I am, I started screaming 'Help'
About 100 yards down a hill to my left is a golf course and three people looked at me as they had heard my shouts, they asked if they could help, so I managed to scramble down the hill to them over braken and over grown terrain - still dont know how wee Merlin managed to follow me but the little toughy was right behind me all the way bless him  o:)

The kind people phoned the reception of the Hotel who owns all the land, and within minutes a landrover came zooming across the golf course towards us,in the meantime I made a tournique with  my shoe lace and tied it tight round the very top of his leg.

The lovely lads in the Landrover rushed me off to the vets, its only 5 mins away by car, with Buffy and Merlin in the back ( both of whom were so well behaved and undemanding I was very proud ) And once there we called the vet on call who fortunately turned out to be my favourite vet, She looked at Toby,s leg and said he had severed the vein and it would need to be tied off or stitched, so I then became a vet nurse for the next hour which was very exciting, although I was obviously worried for my boy.

So after sedating him carefully ( a vet who understands whippets  :thumbsup:   )

she looked at the wound and it had stopped bleeding thankfully, so she stitched him up and put a pressure bandage on, then brought him back round, poor little boy was sooooo dopey, so now hes back home on the bed wrapped in a soft blanket, and Merlin hasnt left his side  :wub: , and Buffy has cleaned him, and initially stayed at the door way of the bedroom as if to protect us all  :huggles:

So he has to go back tomorrow for a check up and then stitches out in 10 days, hes still very dopey, and has had the odd whimper, but after a cuddle he drifts off again  -_-

So after a very sedate weekend it ended up being very dramatic and scary, but im so grateful for the people who helped me  :thumbsup:   ( the lads from the centre even collected my car for me and dropped it off at the vets )

Anyway heres a couple of pictures of my poor wee man and the ever faithful Merlin  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Glad all of you are ok, i thnk i would have done the same thing, well done all those that helped you, kind people in this world rarely get a mention, its only the bad ones that get front page news....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :huggles:

Aww Jill, so sorry just caught up with this - sorry about the terrible accident - but Well done to your quick thinking (Brownie action - tournaquet) :cheers:

Sending Best Wishes to Toby :huggles: :huggles: for a very speedy recovery - and Merlin for being so brave and following his mum. :wub: :huggles:

crikey what a scare you must have had. (w00t) i think its wonderful that there are still kind, generous people out there whom we can rely on when theres an emergency.well done to them for helping you. :thumbsup: hope Toby is better soon and Buffy and Merlin well done for being so well behaved! :)

Thanks again for the kind comments, the little monkey is absolutely back to normal, and due to lack of walkies ( until the weekend ) he is practically doing back-flips off the furniture (w00t) and dragging poor Merlin from room to room for a laugh :- " But Merlin really doesnt seem to mind bless him o:)

I went down to the activity centre with a box of 'hero; chocolates and a soppy card for the two lads in the land rover, they werent there but another guy said he'd make sure they got the chocs, and said before I had a chance to say who I was - you must be Jill !!! So we must be the talk of the town :b

Just found this story, poor Toby,it must have been horrifying for you, but weren't you lucky to get help so quickly! Glad to hear he is on the mend now, I hope Buffy and Merlin are still looking after him, they were so good. A hug for Toby, look after yourself!

Haven't checked in for a few days ... my goodness, what excitement!

Glad he's on the mend ... and doesn't it cheer you when people are so kind - there's not enough of it about! :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back