The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Whippet

picki

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi, everyone just a quick message, went with my sister a few days ago to look at a whippet for her, after she looked after mine she wanted 1 :thumbsup: ,

so 1 came up on a site not a pup,but a dog, (cant say to much coz i think they are members on here) anyhow got there went in not a nice smell :x this poor whippet came out head down shaking, cowering, the man said he will do anything i say and shouted at the dog to stand and obey him, my sister said wot do you think, i said he would make a good pet, so we got him,took him home gave him a bath the muck that came off that poor lad made me mad, that was the first night, next day we took our whippets around to see him, sis said he had a bad night howling around 4am said give him time to settle in, same for the next two nights, anyhow she took him to the vets today for the once over vet said that he had been sleeping in wee thats why his b*ll*ck were so red and sore looking :angry: had dry skin coz of a bad deit, all i can say is thank god we got the poor lad the hell uot of there....

p.s. this man we got him from is a so called breeder, :rant: to think he could have his dog like this we did`nt see were he was kept but from the smell could`nt of been nice...

will try and post sum pics when the lad settles in......

hi, everyone just a quick message, went with my sister a few days ago to look at a whippet for her, after she looked after mine she wanted 1 :thumbsup: ,so 1 came up on a site not a pup,but a dog, (cant say to much coz i think they are members on here) anyhow got there went in not a nice smell :x this poor whippet came out head down shaking, cowering, the man said he will do anything i say and shouted at the dog to stand and obey him, my sister said wot do you think, i said he would make a good pet, so we got him,took him home gave him a bath the muck that came off that poor lad made me mad, that was the first night, next day we took our whippets around to see him, sis said he had a bad night howling around 4am said give him time to settle in, same for the next two nights, anyhow she took him to the vets today for the once over vet said that he had been sleeping in wee thats why his b*ll*ck were so red and sore looking :angry: had dry skin coz of a bad deit, all i can say is thank god we got the poor lad the hell uot of there....

p.s. this man we got him from is a so called breeder, :rant: to think he could have his dog like this we did`nt see were he was kept but from the smell could`nt of been nice...

hi, everyone just a quick message, went with my sister a few days ago to look at a whippet for her, after she looked after mine she wanted 1 :thumbsup: ,so 1 came up on a site not a pup,but a dog, (cant say to much coz i think they are members on here) anyhow got there went in not a nice smell :x this poor whippet came out head down shaking, cowering, the man said he will do anything i say and shouted at the dog to stand and obey him, my sister said wot do you think, i said he would make a good pet, so we got him,took him home gave him a bath the muck that came off that poor lad made me mad, that was the first night, next day we took our whippets around to see him, sis said he had a bad night howling around 4am said give him time to settle in, same for the next two nights, anyhow she took him to the vets today for the once over vet said that he had been sleeping in wee thats why his b*ll*ck were so red and sore looking :angry: had dry skin coz of a bad deit, all i can say is thank god we got the poor lad the hell uot of there....

Poor little chap :( Whippets deserve lots love and comfort. Good luck :luck: and look forward to seeing the pics when you get them :wub:

:rant: :( It breaks my heart when i hear of these stories , sounds like his spirit is broken also - that poor little chap - with some TLC and some patience he will propably make a lovely faithful companion. Well done to both of you for taking him on.

cant wait for the piccies.

That's awful . the poor boy . :angry:

I don't know how people can be so cruel to any living creature :angry:

I'm sure he will make a great pet with a bit of love and care :thumbsup:

thats awful, im glad you got him out though :huggles:

hopfully he wont take to long to feel better :huggles: :huggles:

This little chap needs all the love and cuddles you have got for him :huggles: :wub: Well done for getting him out of there!!

Poor little fella - I hope there weren't any others there as well :(

Good luck getting him back to full health and restoring his confidence again :luck: :luck:

Report him!!!!!!!!!!!!! For heavens sake, keeping dogs in poor conditions is against the law. The new Animal Wellfare Act covers situations like that. Start with the dog warden, or the environmental health.

For the dogs sake and others he might have in those awful conditions he needs stopping.

Report him!!!!!!!!!!!!! For heavens sake, keeping dogs in poor conditions is against the law. The new Animal Wellfare Act covers situations like that. Start with the dog warden, or the environmental health.For the dogs sake and others he might have in those awful conditions he needs stopping.
I agree :rant: :rant:

Report him!!!!!!!!!!!!! For heavens sake, keeping dogs in poor conditions is against the law. The new Animal Wellfare Act covers situations like that. Start with the dog warden, or the environmental health.For the dogs sake and others he might have in those awful conditions he needs stopping.
I agree :rant: :rant:
Thank you, I just don't know how these people can be stopped.

Good for you getting that poor lad out of there :thumbsup: As already said,report him :angry: what if there more dogs like that he already got :angry: and theres nothing for him to get another dog in and do the same thing :rant:

Good for you getting that poor lad out of there :thumbsup: As already said,report him :angry: what if there more dogs like that he already got :angry: and theres nothing for him to get another dog in and do the same thing :rant:
you need to get photos of red areas and ask for vets opinion of the dogs condition phone RSPCA get them to pay him a visit chances are his other dogs are living in the same conditions its ok taking a dog from him but he will carry on breeding and selling. This is what fuels these discusting peoplethey should be shot at dawn.

I can only imagine how miserable that dog has been up untill now. Well done for saving him. Please do report this. Looking forward to seeing photos when he is settled in.

A very sad story, I like the happy ending good luck with him and hope he settles soon in his new found home, hes one of the lucky ones :luck: As for the breeder :rant: , should he be aloud to continue breeding and selling dogs in this sad condition? and a member of this forum?. Name and shame maybe :- or at least get a explanation from the breeder, why the dog was in poor condition, again food for thought,, while theres a market he will continue :(

Poor little man. What a shame :(

I'm sure his personality will really come out once he's had veterinary treatment, lots of love and a good diet :huggles: . He's in far better hands now! Definitely report that 'breeder' though. That sort of thing is completely unnecessary and it's just not on :angry: .

10 out of 10 Picki, could u pm me this breeders name PLEASE.?

Good luck to you and your sister while you nurse this lad back to health - how old do you think he is? I'm sure he will repay you both tenfold with love and whippet hugs when he starts to feel better :huggles: :luck:

Oh the poor little mite!! to think of that savage ( who ever he is) shouting at him but you are brilliant for getting him out!! but like fellow k9ers have said

PLEASE REPORT HIM!!!!!!!!!

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Oh well done you....Great news ! He will repay you a thousand fold !!!

Please, please report this man, please. Get in touch with RSPCA ....They will do a check on him. Depending on what they find they may prosecute if they can....Sometimes if they have food , water and shelter they can`t do much but a visit and warning from them may work wonders, hopefully !!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back