The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Postal Strike

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Joanna said:
Mark Roberts said:
I BLAIM BEAKER FOR THE STRIKES.  :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah come on Becka, go and get my passport application out of the sorting office in Liverpool and deliver it, and I'll personally write to the Telegraph to say how marvelous all posties are, specially you ;)

becka shudders at the thought of tackling scousers :lol:

beaker said:
joe90 said:
beaker said:
:blink:
minimum overtime level and automatic overtime? not in our office!!, if you go over your time you have to put the time down to the minute, give the reason, and then a manager has to check and sign it before it gets approved,... if you go over too often a manager comes out on your round with you to make sure you are doing job properly and not taking the ****.

i've never come across additional allowances for using particular vehicles before, you don't get anything if you use your own vehicle so why would you get something for using one of royal mails own  :wacko: your lucky if you get your bus fair back  :angry:

duty's have been revised since the changes made last year, every route was checked out and assigned an acheivable completion time, many of the posties particularly the rural lads and lasses come in well before their official start time(unpaid i might add) they work through their breaks and slog their guts out, (i've seen some even running to collect their next bag) so if they get finished 30 minutes before their finish time on a light day, fair play to them, it usually balances out on heavy days.

set and additional overtime at easterand christmas?.. thats either rubbish or they forgot to pay me mine, oo i did get my card with some free stamps in if that counts  :thumbsup:

no flexibilty between postcode areas, huh? of course there is flexibility, posties do work more efficiently within postcodes they are familiar with but of course they will take up the slack in another area if staff in that area are short

as someone who drives on collections as well i can state that no overtime has ever been given to any of the collection drivers in my office because they had to go to another collection point on their way,

half of these overtime points made are just repeating themselves now but here go's...

if you help cover another duty it's just like when you go over your time, you have to put the time down to the minute, give the reason and duty covered, and then a manager has to check and sign it before it gets approved.

ban on cross functional working? WTF!! each office usually has several 'floaters' (i was a floater myself once  :D ) these are posties that don't have a particular duty assigned to them , these poor sods cover most of the duties that have excess, they bag tip,sort, and generally pick up the slack and can be moved around all over the office to different rounds that need throwing off.

there are 2 sides to every story but once again it depends just how gullibal you are as to weather your one of those who believe everything thats printed in a paper :wacko:

good on ya if you work so damn hard that you feel the you are justified to call an honest postperson lazy... in fact, why don't join the postal service yourself and teach us all a thing or two about hard graft, i'm sure that royal mail would welcome workers like you with open arms.

walk a mile in their shoes first and then make comment  :thumbsup:

i really cant understand why you are complaining about it being diffiult to get your bus fair back when everyone that works has to pay to get to and from work

i wasn't talking about bus fare to and from work, of course it up to the workers to get themselves into work, i was talking about getting dropped off to do your round and then making your own way back to the sorting office on the bus when finished, this fare is only for the rural routes several miles away not town routes that are bikeable :thumbsup:

oh yes i see what you mean wel anyway this has been an interesting topic and guess not all postmen are lazy cus my postie delivered today only prob i have with him is that her bends post to put it through letter box even when it states DO NOT BEND but thats a different topic all together cheers!

i blame me to  down with becka!!!
i've always worked on the thing if in doubt blaim Beaker? "it's worked out well so far" LOL.

but it's no wonder they've gone on stike as someones poinched their delivery trollys? eh Becker :- "

13october071.jpg

joe90 said:
beaker said:
joe90 said:
beaker said:
:blink:
minimum overtime level and automatic overtime? not in our office!!, if you go over your time you have to put the time down to the minute, give the reason, and then a manager has to check and sign it before it gets approved,... if you go over too often a manager comes out on your round with you to make sure you are doing job properly and not taking the ****.

i've never come across additional allowances for using particular vehicles before, you don't get anything if you use your own vehicle so why would you get something for using one of royal mails own  :wacko: your lucky if you get your bus fair back  :angry:

duty's have been revised since the changes made last year, every route was checked out and assigned an acheivable completion time, many of the posties particularly the rural lads and lasses come in well before their official start time(unpaid i might add) they work through their breaks and slog their guts out, (i've seen some even running to collect their next bag) so if they get finished 30 minutes before their finish time on a light day, fair play to them, it usually balances out on heavy days.

set and additional overtime at easterand christmas?.. thats either rubbish or they forgot to pay me mine, oo i did get my card with some free stamps in if that counts  :thumbsup:

no flexibilty between postcode areas, huh? of course there is flexibility, posties do work more efficiently within postcodes they are familiar with but of course they will take up the slack in another area if staff in that area are short

as someone who drives on collections as well i can state that no overtime has ever been given to any of the collection drivers in my office because they had to go to another collection point on their way,

half of these overtime points made are just repeating themselves now but here go's...

if you help cover another duty it's just like when you go over your time, you have to put the time down to the minute, give the reason and duty covered, and then a manager has to check and sign it before it gets approved.

ban on cross functional working? WTF!! each office usually has several 'floaters' (i was a floater myself once  :D ) these are posties that don't have a particular duty assigned to them , these poor sods cover most of the duties that have excess, they bag tip,sort, and generally pick up the slack and can be moved around all over the office to different rounds that need throwing off.

there are 2 sides to every story but once again it depends just how gullibal you are as to weather your one of those who believe everything thats printed in a paper :wacko:

good on ya if you work so damn hard that you feel the you are justified to call an honest postperson lazy... in fact, why don't join the postal service yourself and teach us all a thing or two about hard graft, i'm sure that royal mail would welcome workers like you with open arms.

walk a mile in their shoes first and then make comment  :thumbsup:

i really cant understand why you are complaining about it being diffiult to get your bus fair back when everyone that works has to pay to get to and from work

i wasn't talking about bus fare to and from work, of course it up to the workers to get themselves into work, i was talking about getting dropped off to do your round and then making your own way back to the sorting office on the bus when finished, this fare is only for the rural routes several miles away not town routes that are bikeable :thumbsup:

oh yes i see what you mean wel anyway this has been an interesting topic and guess not all postmen are lazy cus my postie delivered today only prob i have with him is that her bends post to put it through letter box even when it states DO NOT BEND but thats a different topic all together cheers!

open the door and bollock them, it usually works :thumbsup: my mum makes it her mission to train new posties early not to bend mail :lol: or get a bigger box :- "

tin hat!! where's my tin hat? :lol:

Mark Roberts said:
i've always worked on the thing if in doubt blaim Beaker? "it's worked out well so far" LOL.

but it's no wonder they've gone on stike as someones poinched their delivery trollys? eh Becker :- "

13october071.jpg

i don't know nowt about that :- "

beaker said:
Mark Roberts said:

13october071.jpg

Mark, that is completely hilarious............................

I wonder which of the 92 Spanish Practices, entitlement to any post office equipment you might fancy, as part of working conditions comes under? :- " :- " :- " :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joanna said:
Here is an interesting article which out-lines some of the outrageous "Spanish Practices" at the heart of the dispute..............Spanish Practices

What a load of crap that is - I hope the union reply to that to disprove Managements lies.

I know, myself, that management would often 'offer' more than a particular duty was worth, just to get it covered, and so quality of service wouldnt suffer.

Joanna said:
beaker said:
Mark Roberts said:

13october071.jpg

Mark, that is completely hilarious............................

I wonder which of the 92 Spanish Practices, entitlement to any post office equipment you might fancy, as part of working conditions comes under? :- " :- " :- " :lol: :lol:

it must be :lol:

under: cheeky postie lass asks manager if she can have broken old trolly out of the skip to cart lure batteries around on :lol:

i'm guessing of course coz it wasn't me :D :- "

i will however admit to snaffling a handfull of elastic bands to make an elastic band ball out of :oops:

our postie always drops his elastic bands by our door.............my kids have made a huge ball out of them (w00t)

(w00t) mines only at tennis ball size at the moment, when it's vollyball size i'm gonna see how high i can bounce it on tesco's car park (w00t)

little things :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back